Jason Garrett: “Retire & Smoke All The Weed You Want. We adont Need You.”

3 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

So get an education out of the free full ride that you got with a diploma in something that's worth more than just the paper it's printed on. Then go on to something you deem safer. Nobody is forcing people to play football.

Okay, well if you get the education and you did pretty good in college ball, now all of a sudden there's 32 NFL teams calling your phone, asking for private workouts, flying you out on private jets, etc. ALL those teams you've watched since you were a kid are now right at the tip of your palms. Your family is so excited for you. You could even buy your mom a house, the lady who's been there through it all. You could be a millionaire and help your WHOLE family.

Maybe a little much, but you see what I'm saying? Like these "choices" are different from the choices we make of what color socks to wear or which hat to wear to the dinner party. The choices a football player make are influenced by several different things, a lot of them influenced by prior Socio-economic status. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Okay, well if you get the education and you did pretty good in college ball, now all of a sudden there's 32 NFL teams calling your phone, asking for private workouts, flying you out on private jets, etc. ALL those teams you've watched since you were a kid are now right at the tip of your palms. Your family is so excited for you. You could even buy your mom a house, the lady who's been there through it all. You could be a millionaire and help your WHOLE family.

Maybe a little much, but you see what I'm saying? Like these "choices" are different from the choices we make of what color socks to wear or which hat to wear to the dinner party. The choices a football player make are influenced by several different things, a lot of them influenced by prior Socio-economic status. 

They all know the risk and they all know the rewards. NFL players get paid what they do for a reason. Not everyone can do it. Not everyone would want to do it. They know from day 1 they can't smoke weed and they know there's the risk of serious long term injury playing football. None of it is a surprise to anyone. My point is they do have a choice. 

20 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I'm sure all the suicide victims from the NFL would trade some money for their working brains back.

So some silly people think money can fix everything,

Your quality of life is everything. Without your health, especially your mental health, money is meaningless.

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Someone's hittin' it a little early today, I see. Keep livin' the dream dude :lol:

7 hours ago, caponine said:

then they can retire and smoke all they want. Dont even have to worry about pain. You do realize what happens if a person is high and they kill or injure someone in a crash right?? The NFL takes all of it. But they’re not using the weed for medical purposes. Thats just a front to smoke weed

Now DUI is whole different topic. Be it weed alcohol or opioids. 

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

In the end it will be one of the few legal drugs. It treats so many issues without the side effects of opioids and benzo’s.  Things like Xanax are harder to get off than heroin.

I won’t hold my breathe, we would be seeing it every where if a drug company patented it. At least some states are moving in right direction.

4 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

They all know the risk and they all know the rewards. NFL players get paid what they do for a reason. Not everyone can do it. Not everyone would want to do it. They know from day 1 they can't smoke weed and they know there's the risk of serious long term injury playing football. None of it is a surprise to anyone. My point is they do have a choice. 

They do have a choice, and it's also their choice to complain and/or retire early or not play at all. Which a lot of players are doing, David Irving now included. 

51 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

A true drug test, I bet all but 5-10 fail.  Ryan, Debo, Julio, Mack and Grady...Rico and the kickers pass too

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt failed. No way Hooper didn't get him blazed a few times in Cali 

41 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

"RICH PEOPLE CAN'T BE VICTIMS"

It seems like some of you guys worship financial security. And I know we live in America, where that's to be expected but we can't sympathize with guys that suffer severe brain damage just because they have money..seriously? That's the attitude we're taking.

This whole post just wreaks of baby-boomer angst. The guy probably has CTE, a degenerative brain disease, he's MUCH more likely than the average citizen to contract another brain disease, certain aspects of his cognitive ability is probably shot due to concussions/contact as well as stress. 

Listen, he's rich but there's more to life than just money. What's having a yacht if you can't even remember where you put it?

First of all I don’t have envy for any man, rich or poor.  Second, I don’t find any pleasure knowing he may have trauma. Third, I don’t worship anyone or anything except the Lord. 

I don’t look at people theough a prism of skin color or whether they’re rich or poor either.  Not sure what the caps are for. Rich people & poor people can all be victims.  But the mentality of victimhood is something you choose individually.

We should all strive for financial security.  It’s not how you start, itsyhow you finish.  We all, every race, religion & creed, begin somewhere on the spectrum.  What we do next or over time & how we finish is what matters. 

We agree on many things. Especially that money is an idol & many things are more important.  My comments were based on my impression of the article by the way.

16 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

It makes me sick when players complain about the side effects of playing football. Like they didn't know running full blast at each other and colliding was unsafe? Same thing with the retired ones suing. Everyone knows what they sign up for when they play the game of football. It's not like this is a new ban on marijuana that started 5 years ago. All I hear is a pity party from Irving. People know they can't smoke it in the NFL. However that doesn't stop them from taking a boatload of money then complaining about it. What's next? Are police officers going to demand to smoke pot and sue because their job is unsafe? 

Bruh... most do! Retired or not they smoke! Nd it is therapeutic for some and I have personally seen the healing nd help for guys who are in pain mentally and even physically. I dont use any drugs at all but as a vet nd a chef, many of my clients who are pro’s smoke or use cbd to help get their body back on track. Nd my vet brothers use it for PTSD. Get out ya feelings bruh. Nd again... i dont use at all nd never have but i see first hand people’s “ excuses” that are reasons to use.