Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
apl2g

Fan voting for best stadiums! MBS in a battle

21 posts in this topic

It ought to be a vote for worst home field advantage.  We’d win in a landslide.

The Dome was an edge for the Falcons....

The Library of Congress, or MBS is like a neutral field softball game. 

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The Dome was an edge for the Falcons....

Nostalgia aside, we’re we not complaining about the same things with the Dome?  With that being said, I don’t think we needed to leave the Dome, it was fine.

11 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

*The Dome was an edge for the Falcons....

No..No it was not. Fans still showed up late, empty seats all over the place. Only time it filled up on-time was a playoff game thus the asterisk. Should have read...

*The dome was an edge for the Falcons in playoff games...

Keep in mind we have yet to play a home playoff game in MB Stadium. Who knows how the atmosphere will be. I'd equate it to the Packers stadium opener which I was at and that place was loud. People were exploring but still screaming their lungs off from whatever overlook they were stationed at.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Keep in mind we have yet to play a home playoff game in MB Stadium. Who knows how the atmosphere will be. I'd equate it to the Packers stadium opener which I was at and that place was loud. People were exploring but still screaming their lungs off from whatever overlook they were stationed at.

I was at the Superbowl and MBS was the loudest stadium I've been to.  Even during a slow moving game, the Pats fans kept the stadium rocking and very loud - loud enough that I couldn't talk to the person next to me on Ram 3rd downs.

IMO, the primary factor for MBS being lifeless during Falcons games is the lack of exciting music during timeouts and between plays.  Instead of playing something to get the crowd pumped up, the Falcons choose to do endless "honoring" of some high school athlete or local citizen.

The NFL took over the timeout breaks during the superbowl and the place stayed alive.

Another factor is that the Falcons haven't seemed to be very good at 3rd down defense during close games.  It's hard for the crowd to get into it if there is little confidence.

Edited by JeffAtl
Vandy likes this

On 3/26/2019 at 7:18 PM, apl2g said:

We won this round too - the new one is the final four - and it pits us against the College stadium winner - Beaver Stadium.

Here is the new link:  https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/bracket-madness-the-2019-ultimate-stadium-bracket-final-four

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

46 minutes ago, apl2g said:

MBS is down by about 4,000 votes right now 

Let's get on this TAFT.

28 minutes ago, citsalp said:

Let's get on this TAFT.

I’ve been voting like crazy, but they are jumping up 4-5 votes for every 1.    Someone is using a voting bot for them.    They are moving up way too fast.   

apl2g and Ergo Proxy like this

23 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I’ve been voting like crazy, but they are jumping up 4-5 votes for every 1.    Someone is using a voting bot for them.    They are moving up way too fast.   

Seems like it lol