mashburn*Fibonacci

one of our falcon fans was shot during a robbery last night

61 posts in this topic

I left out his last name, because the media has not released it. I am not sure if his father wants to release it or not. 

I will also say this is exactly like him. He will always help, regardless of the odds stacked against him. He truly is an amazing person. 

Just now, caponine said:

Not to be rude but who is he?? But hope he is doing well. Need more people like him in the world.

naw not rude at all. I am leaving it out. just because of the news hasn't released it. I am unsure if his father wants it being released or not. After the news says it and his father gives permission, I will come back. But I do not think he is much of a talker on here. only a few know him here. 

papachaz and Ezekiel 25:17 like this

21 minutes ago, Dukeduke211 said:

Hope he gets better.

How did he save five lives?

Ooops, i read the article. 

I thought you were about to argue that unless the robbers were gonna murder everybody, did he really save their lives?

I was braced for this thread to get real ugly real quick lmao

Gun shot wounds are not like movies....I hope he recovers well. Ridiculous to serve as a Ranger(the article says Ranger, not GB), and to be shot at home, and not at war. Ridiculous...good luck sir

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

On 3/25/2019 at 6:13 PM, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

http://www.wtoc.com/2019/03/24/hospital-after-armed-robbery-berwick-shopping-center/

Russell is one of our members here. I am unsure of his member name here. but he is one of the people who reached out to staying with me during the playoff games in 2012. He is a Green Beret and was on his way to going to school for flight school. I do not know how long he has served, but I know he has zero plans of ever getting out. he has been stationed in Savannah for a few years. 

Last night he was at a sports bar where 2 robbers came in from the back. Someone screamed they were getting robbed and people hit the floor, Except for Rusty. He confronted the guys and took a bullet to his back, that passed thru to his hip. His actions literally saved 5 peoples lives. The 2 robbers ended up running and the Rusty went outside looking for help. Several people were there helping him and being grateful for all that he did. 

He is not only a hero across seas, not just a hero who served, but also a hero for standing up and saving peoples lives. 

The last thing I know is that that have taken him of the breathing machine. They removed a piece of his lung. and he is still in ICU. 

I know with him people a fighter, he will be fine. And with God on his side, there is 100% no doubt in my mind. However still pray for him, his family and friends.

Update:he has been released from ICU and has taken a few steps.  

More reasons to conceal carry.  Props to him for doing what he did.