Cole World

JoeJuan Williams had private work out with the Falcons

42 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Did this dude just make a point with me using PFF? I mean really?

This dude? It was in tongue and cheek. The rest of the points stand - happy to educate anytime.

36 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

This dude? It was in tongue and cheek. The rest of the points stand - happy to educate anytime.

I don’t want to lose any IQ points with that form of Ed. Thanks

10 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I don’t want to lose any IQ points with that form of Ed. Thanks

I think you'll be ok. 

7 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I think overall it's a pretty poor CB class, but Rock Ya-Sin was clearly the best corner on display at the senior bowl (practices and game). I think that is what has fuelled the hype.

He's probably the #6 or #7 CB on my board. He's not much of a play-maker and he's not a shutdown guy, but he's a fundamentally sound, reliable corner - the sort of guy Bill Belicheck loves.

The obligatory PFF overview...

PFF is worthless man.

Knight of God likes this

10 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

PFF is worthless man.

I don't think it's worthless, but you have to be even more critical in determining what matters. The problem is it's let fans be even more lazy in their "analysis" and just letting PFF "do the work". Going in not really understanding what a player is good/bad at or why they're good/bad then relying on some arbitrary rating system to either confirm or disprove that position. Never watched a lick of film in the process. 

Artys Arryn likes this

16 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

PFF is worthless man.

PFF grades are certainly questionable, but some of their other advanced metrics have value though, like yards per coverage snap.

Regardless, my analysis I provided was based on what I saw at the senior bowl and what tape I've seen (Maryland and UCF so far). He's a fundamentally sound corner and was clearly the best guy at the senior bowl all week. The original post stated that he was the corner he would trust the most to do his job (I'm paraphrasing here) and I can absolutely see that on tape. I don't think he's a superstar in the making and he's likely the 6th or 7th CB off the board, but he's solid. He's the sort of guy the Patriots always draft - dependable guys.

Pretty disappointing CB class overall, but there are some interesting later round guys who intrigue. 

AlabamaFalconFan and vel like this

2 hours ago, FalconAge said:

Brandon Browner was 6 ft 4 and had some good seasons with Seattle opposite Sherman. He fell off a cliff though in later years

Just because they're the same height doesn't mean they're the same player.

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Just because they're the same height doesn't mean they're the same player.

Where did I say it did? Vandy's mind was blown by his height and I pointed to somebody who played the position effectively at the same height.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:08 AM, Smiler11 said:

I think overall it's a pretty poor CB class, but Rock Ya-Sin was clearly the best corner on display at the senior bowl (practices and game). I think that is what has fuelled the hype.

He's probably the #6 or #7 CB on my board. He's not much of a play-maker and he's not a shutdown guy, but he's a fundamentally sound, reliable corner - the sort of guy Bill Belicheck loves.

The obligatory PFF overview...

This kid is from Atlanta if I'm not mistaken. I still wouldn't mind us picking up Joejuan though. He fits our scheme. Looking at times that guys aside from Trufant we're beat. They were within inches of making a play on the ball.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

This kid is from Atlanta if I'm not mistaken. I still wouldn't mind us picking up Joejuan though. He fits our scheme. Looking at times that guys aside from Trufant we're beat. They were within inches of making a play on the ball.

Joejuan Williams has got cover 3 written all over him. I wouldn't be surprised if we take a long look at him. Definitely some boom or bust there though.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:36 AM, Monolith2001 said:

I like that he rips at the ball but seems like most runners got another 4-5 yards on him after contact.  

Seems like a Falcon corner for sure :ninja:

Monolith2001 likes this

6 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Seems like a Falcon corner for sure :ninja:

You aren't lying.   The guy who plays like I like is Byron Murphy.  I would not be mad at us drafting him in the 1st (personally want a trench guy at 14).  Kinda like Kazee  in that he will give up a few but plays with a massive *** chip on his shoulder every play.