Cole World

See why Ed Oliver is regarded as one of the top players in the country

26 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Cole World said:

The two teams I'm looking at are number 8 & 9, the Lions and Bills.

If he gets pass them we should be good, unless a team leaps frog us and trade for him.

Could GB get him? Where are they looking that a 1st available would overtake Oliver?

Cole World likes this

12 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Could GB get him? Where are they looking that a 1st available would overtake Oliver?

Before FA I thought they were going pass rushers but now that they signed Preston and Za'Darius Smith, I think Devin Bush, FS Thompson, TE Fant, or an OL like Williams will be their top options.

GB already got two beast manning the DE position in Mike Daniels and Z Smith. Preston Smith just replaced Nick Perry and Brian Burns is another option to replace Matthews.

Schwarzwald and Tim Mazetti like this

10 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Before FA I thought they were going pass rushers but now that they signed Preston and Za'Darius Smith, I think Devin Bush, FS Thompson, TE Fant, or an OL like Williams will be their top options.

GB already got two beast manning the DE position in Mike Daniels and Z Smith. Preston Smith just replaced Nick Perry and Brian Burns is another option to replace Matthews.

I see, they probably go offense then. Protect Rodgers, right? LaFleur wouldn't want to fizzle on O as a first time HC after being in shadows of other OCs.

Cole World likes this

we need to trade up and get him. he wont make it to us. we need to look at detroit or buffalos pick which will cost us a third and one of our fourths, but oliver will be worth it.

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I see, they probably go offense then. Protect Rodgers, right? LaFleur wouldn't want to fizzle on O as a first time HC after being in shadows of other OCs.

I am thinking that GB needs a TE. To your point.

Schwarzwald and Cole World like this

Oliver is like R. Gary a potential boom or bust prospect who talent didn't always match with the tape sort of like clowney but i think Oliver has HUGE upside and is worth it even to trade up 

1 minute ago, JetJones11 said:

Oliver is like R. Gary a potential boom or bust prospect who talent didn't always match with the tape sort of like clowney but i think Oliver has HUGE upside and is worth it even to trade up 

Not even close comparison.  At worst, Oliver is an elite run defender who gets 4-5 sacks per season.  

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Not even close comparison.  At worst, Oliver is an elite run defender who gets 4-5 sacks per season.  

not comparing the players styles I'm comparing them as supremely gifted prospects who dont always go hard on every play or rest on their athletic ability and potential

3 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

not comparing the players styles I'm comparing them as supremely gifted prospects who dont always go hard on every play or rest on their athletic ability and potential

Oliver is the only player in the country facing triple and quadruple teams.  I’ve never seen or heard effort is a red flag

2 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

Disagree. Gary has no production. Oliver has plenty. Oliver is a very safe pick. 

Schwarzwald and g-dawg like this

5 minutes ago, BleedBlack&Red said:

I envision us trading with the Lions if we really want Oliver. Which I do.

I think we all know which is more likely between TD trading up vs. trading down.

VTCrunkler and g-dawg like this

We need our picks since we don't have cap space and won't have any for the foreseeable future with all the guys we will still need to pay.

Do not trade up!

Those picks are valuable depth that can be had.

Summerhill likes this

On 3/24/2019 at 10:29 AM, Cole World said:

The two teams I'm looking at are number 8 & 9, the Lions and Bills.

If he gets pass them we should be good, unless a team leaps frog us and trade for him.

I don't think the Lions look at Oliver. They've got Harrison, Hand, and Robinson on the interior. I think they go EDGE, CB, or TE before DT. 

The Bills are the only team in terms of need that I see chasing Oliver hard. If he gets passed 9, I think he's a Falcon. 

Schwarzwald likes this

1 hour ago, vel said:

The Bills are the only team in terms of need that I see chasing Oliver hard. If he gets passed 9, I think he's a Falcon. 

My question regarding the Bills would be do they see Oliver as an ideal cold weather player? 

vel likes this

2 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

My question regarding the Bills would be do they see Oliver as an ideal cold weather player? 

I think the better question is do they see Oliver as big enough in general? McDermott was with the Panthers when they had bigger DTs to keep the LBs clean. Short and Lotulelei were big boys (both are 6'3 315lbs). That might entice them towards Wilkins before Oliver. 

g-dawg, Summerhill and Schwarzwald like this

5 minutes ago, vel said:

I think the better question is do they see Oliver as big enough in general? McDermott was with the Panthers when they had bigger DTs to keep the LBs clean. Short and Lotulelei were big boys (both are 6'3 315lbs). That might entice them towards Wilkins before Oliver. 

True but Oliver plays bigger and actually played the Nose while Wilkins played the 3-Tech with Dexter playing the Nose.

vel likes this

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

True but Oliver plays bigger and actually played the Nose while Wilkins played the 3-Tech with Dexter playing the Nose.

Wilkins plays a lot of NT. 

19 minutes ago, vel said:

That's more or less what I was getting at. 

vel likes this