stldirtybird

Julio contract coming?

291 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The cap is not as hard to understand as you think and it dam sho aint fake. Keep on thinking that.

It also isn’t the hard limit most in here want to pretend it is. If the Falcons are currently against the cap it’s because they are choosing to be. 

6 hours ago, Peyton said:

It's all got to count against the cap eventually, and the Falcons salary cap position is in much worse shape in the future than it is for 2019.

Maybe so, but all of our high paid stars are in their respective primes. The window is wide open right now. I don't know about in a few years .

34 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The cap is not as hard to understand as you think and it dam sho aint fake. Keep on thinking that.

Well I’m sure you’d no.

I don’t think you need to scare monger or worry about something most on here don’t have the best knowledge of.Or for the most part have zero control over.

Its almost as though if you’ve got nothing to complain about the caps another thing on the board you’ll throw darts at.

Good luck with that train of thinking.

22 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

It also isn’t the hard limit most in here want to pretend it is. If the Falcons are currently against the cap it’s because they are choosing to be. 

I mean think of it the other way we could have 60,70 100 mill left in cap and have a crap team right lol.

I find it hard to fathom why alot worry when our teams right there talent wise with most of the best in the league.

Complaints **** the biggest complaint I’ll hve is if these coaches don’t pull the fingers out of the arseholes and get the team performing to the levels it should be that’s my biggest complaint.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

It's maybe 6th grade math. Don't even have to know Pre- Algebra.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

45 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I mean think of it the other way we could have 60,70 100 mill left in cap and have a crap team right lol.

I find it hard to fathom why alot worry when our teams right there talent wise with most of the best in the league.

Complaints **** the biggest complaint I’ll hve is if these coaches don’t pull the fingers out of the arseholes and get the team performing to the levels it should be that’s my biggest complaint.

I'm not sure the Falcons are among the most talented in the league anymore, but I am sure they have been heading in the wrong direction in the last year. A lot of the players believed to be talented played very poorly this past season and some of those are now gone.  Others suffered serious injury and now the Falcons are hoping those guys get back to what they were.

A great draft can change the tide, and help clean up a tight cap situation too.  But if this team is going to contend, they frankly need a GREAT draft, because the bloated contract of Desmond Trufant and the enigma that is Vic Beasley and various other players underperforming has this team trending in the wrong direction.

7 minutes ago, Peyton said:

It's maybe 6th grade math. Don't even have to know Pre- Algebra.

Lmao I know you mean this as hyperbole but if you really believe that fully understanding the cap and being able to manipulate it only requires 6th grade math you are crazy. The cap is wildly complicated due to AAVs, guarantees, signing bonuses, dead cap, franchise tags, rollovers, etc. There is a good reason people get paid 6 figures to manage it. 

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Pretty easy to complain about the cap when you're 31st or 32nd in the league in cap space, can only sign free agents like McLain, Fusco, Carpenter and Brown, and will struggle to sign your young players to their second contracts.

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Lmao I know you mean this as hyperbole but if you really believe that fully understanding the cap and being able to manipulate it only requires 6th grade math you are crazy. The cap is wildly complicated due to AAVs, guarantees, signing bonuses, dead cap, franchise tags, rollovers, etc. There is a good reason people get paid 6 figures to manage it. 

Dude, it's not complicated.  Seriously, it isn't.

2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Dude, it's not complicated.  Seriously, it isn't.

You said it bro. Six grade math. That and understanding two or three rules. That about it.

2 hours ago, Peyton said:

The way Freeman's report was worded it kind of seemed like he was spewing some rampant speculation.

IIsn't Freeman the guy who reported Kaepernick got 60 million dollars when it turns out he got less than 10?

I can't respond, @Peyton, as I am ignorant of that.

Who is Freeman?

25 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I can't respond, @Peyton, as I am ignorant of that.

Who is Freeman?

Mike Freeman from Bleached Report. This thread is based on his report.

OK, thanks. I grew weary of the Bleached report years ago.

I see that you area fan, tho.;)

5 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

OK, thanks. I grew weary of the Bleached report years ago.

I see that you area fan, tho.;)

I liked Bleacher Report better when it was a fan site.

Tim Mazetti likes this

The teams with routinely high cap space are usually losing teams. Calling Julio a Diva shows how out of touch with reality a lot of people are. Then saying because he wanted to renegotiate his deal when he was the 12th highest paid wide receiver in the league, in his prime, means he will do that with every contract is asinine. Man some of you guys are either really young, or overly dramatic. 

9 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Rather have Grady. Not many top 10 WR help in the superbowl.  

Julio is going to make us say bye to neal/jones possibly as well.  

But those few TD wil help, right? 

Julio would've made a legendary game winning catch if we ran the ball 3 times.

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Pretty easy to complain about the cap when you're 31st or 32nd in the league in cap space, can only sign free agents like McLain, Fusco, Carpenter and Brown, and will struggle to sign your young players to their second contracts.

Not really because those guys who your indicating we are struggling with are still in play.

There not going anywhere this year.

So what’s the problem and there you go again complaining about something you have zero control of.Said the same guy complaining about the cap we couldn’t sign anyone about a week ago and the team goes and does the opposite.

But keep talking about the cap like you know or have a clue what your talking about.

10 hours ago, Peyton said:

I'm not sure the Falcons are among the most talented in the league anymore, but I am sure they have been heading in the wrong direction in the last year. A lot of the players believed to be talented played very poorly this past season and some of those are now gone.  Others suffered serious injury and now the Falcons are hoping those guys get back to what they were.

A great draft can change the tide, and help clean up a tight cap situation too.  But if this team is going to contend, they frankly need a GREAT draft, because the bloated contract of Desmond Trufant and the enigma that is Vic Beasley and various other players underperforming has this team trending in the wrong direction.

You see I look at this different I think a big portion or why this team has under performed is what has gone on off the field in the coaching stakes.Its easy to say the talent isn’t there when it isn’t being deployed correctly.

For me the biggest improvement from this team isn’t what happens in the field it what goes on off it.Thats where I think the biggest gains will be found.

Tim Mazetti likes this

Complain about not drafting well.

Complain about paying HOF players we drafted.

This is the AFMB version of talking out of both sides of your mouth. And you all take the bait every time.

Vandy and Nino11 like this

Not really because those guys who your indicating we are struggling with are still in play.

There not going anywhere this year.

So what’s the problem and there you go again complaining about something you have zero control of.Said the same guy complaining about the cap we couldn’t sign anyone about a week ago and the team goes and does the opposite.

But keep talking about the cap like you know or have a clue what your talking about.

Signing someone and signing someone that's worth a dam are two different things. Remember when we used to sign guys like Michael Turner, Alex Mack and Dontari Poe? Them days is long gone bro.

You see I look at this different I think a big portion or why this team has under performed is what has gone on off the field in the coaching stakes.Its easy to say the talent isn’t there when it isn’t being deployed correctly.

For me the biggest improvement from this team isn’t what happens in the field it what goes on off it.Thats where I think the biggest gains will be found.

Ok, well let's think about what has changed since the Super Bowl run that was just two years ago, aside from coaching.

Devonta Freeman got broken and regressed.

Tevin  Coleman's contract expired, he's gone.

Taylor Gabriel moved on to greener pastures.

Chester retired and his replacements underperformed.

Levitre's body fell apart, he's gone.

Schraeder regressed badly, he gone.

Vic Beasley regressed badly.

Brooks Reed, Adrian Clayborn gone.

DeVondre Campbell regressed.

Deion Jones suffered a serious injury, we'll see how he bounces back.

Alford collapsed he gone.

Trufant regressed terribly after his injury and seems to care very little.

Brian Poole played hard but he's gone.

ACL tear for Keanu Neal, we'll see what he is now.

Achilles for Rico Allen, ditto.

That's a devastating amount of attrition and regression. What the Falcons has brought in during that time has not come close to accounting for it.

The brain trust can strike Julio a check for 1 billion dollars if they want to, but he is still going to be the same player he has been.  It's accounting for everything I listed above that is going to determine if this team is any good at all in the next couple of years.

Tim Mazetti and Hometownfan like this

12 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Ok, well let's think about what has changed since the Super Bowl run that was just two years ago, aside from coaching.

Devonta Freeman got broken and regressed.

Tevin  Coleman's contract expired, he's gone.

Taylor Gabriel moved on to greener pastures.

Chester retired and his replacements underperformed.

Levitre's body fell apart, he's gone.

Schraeder regressed badly, he gone.

Vic Beasley regressed badly.

Brooks Reed, Adrian Clayborn gone.

DeVondre Campbell regressed.

Deion Jones suffered a serious injury, we'll see how he bounces back.

Alford collapsed he gone.

Trufant regressed terribly after his injury and seems to care very little.

Brian Poole played hard but he's gone.

ACL tear for Keanu Neal, we'll see what he is now.

Achilles for Rico Allen, ditto.

That's a devastating amount of attrition and regression. What the Falcons has brought in during that time has not come close to accounting for it.

The brain trust can strike Julio a check for 1 billion dollars if they want to, but he is still going to be the same player he has been.  It's accounting for everything I listed above that is going to determine if this team is any good at all in the next couple of years.

Glass half-empty way of looking at things, many of the things you are pointing out (which are just players getting older) happen to all teams. Falcons still have a fairly young and talented roster, and are in a good position to fill their gaps in upcoming draft. Better position than most teams. 

Key is a bounce back season by freeman. As I said last year and was proven right, he was the biggest loss last year for falcons. 

Tim Mazetti likes this

Why do I have this sense we will still be paying Ryan and Julio years after they have "retired"?  Maybe we will find a way to pay them in options or Falcons stock or something.