LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Julio and Falcons working on contract extension

273 posts in this topic

Is the second most expensive QB in the league about to have the most expensive WR? 

Debo could be the only part of our class of 16 to get a second contract.

FalconBlood and shock like this

Y'all talk like Julio's a free agent or something.  He's under contract.

We just bumped him 7 months ago.  Are we going to renegotiate his contract again before camp?  

falconsd56 likes this

Posted (edited)

23/year 100% guarantee. With less then 10 TD a year.  

Grady not coming back next year.  

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci

8 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

23/year 100% guarantee. With less then 10 TD a year.  

Grady not coming back next year.  

So 5 million more a year than AB? 

Doubt it

21 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I think he probably just gets some 2020 salary converted and moved forward to this year, same as happened last year.

nah he’s getting a new contract. Thats what they told him last year right ??

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

nah he’s getting a new contract. Thats what they told him last year right ??

I mean....it's not like they have an agreement in writing or anything.

Oh....wait....

PokerSteve likes this

30 minutes ago, bknowles said:

So 5 million more a year than AB? 

Doubt it

You not realize how money hungry he is? He wants top money every year and is really licking his chops at how we have 11 million sitting the after June 1st.  And front loading it he didn't care about until once the year it dropped.

He'll legit want 15 or more every year as a cap hit. (Seeing how Brown has 2 years st almost 18, you can bet it'll be up there as well)

Furthermore like I said.  We won't be keeping Grady or jones/neal. And trufant won't be cut, only thing you'll see is him not re-signed. 

Also don't bet on Jones to ever do a favor for the team like Ryan did.  

If I had to guess, it's going to be a three year extension, $10-15MM signing bonus ($2-3MM spread across the new deal). 

Best guess: 3yr $55MM extension. The makes him the highest paid with his extension, and his signing bonus would convert some of his current salary to signing bonus and he'd be happy with upfront money. 

51 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I think he probably just gets some 2020 salary converted and moved forward to this year, same as happened last year.

3 years, 60 million, fully guaranteed. 

Falcons should shoot for 4 years and trade him after year 3 if there is any sign of deterioration

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

3 years, 60 million, fully guaranteed. 

If the Falcons were going to go there I think it would already have been done.

Falconsin2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

If the Falcons were going to go there I think it would already have been done.

I think they have the terms in principal agreed upon.  They’ll wait until out FA is over before announcing

Id try and add a 4th year and use it as a trade option.  But it will be 3 years and 20 avg.  CAP hit won’t be much more than it is now, though

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

Y'all talk like Julio's a free agent or something.  He's under contract.

We just bumped him 7 months ago.  Are we going to renegotiate his contract again before camp?  

Where have you been Rip Van Winkle?

I love Julio and think he’s actually the best in the league if you could equalize all variables, but I was surprised last year when he wanted a raise again. When we paid him we paid him fair, and he asked for more after only 2 seasons. AJ Green didn’t ask for more. Not hating on Julio, just surprised. Can’t stay #1 highest paid every season 

caponine, Malachore, Peyton and 3 others like this

14 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

I am not in favor of giving Julio a new contract, and I think the Falcons should explore trading him.....but Matt Ryan didn't do a favor for the team.  The Falcons pulled a necessary accounting measure that was extremely beneficial to Matt Ryan. No favor.

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I love Julio and think he’s actually the best in the league if you could equalize all variables, but I was surprised last year when he wanted a raise again. When we paid him we paid him fair, and he asked for more after only 2 seasons. AJ Green didn’t ask for more. Not hating on Julio, just surprised. Can’t stay #1 highest paid every season 

Did he ever actually ask for more? Or was it that he had no guaranteed money left? (Serious question)

Edited by NeonDeion

Sighs ! why couldn’t I be from Massachusetts !?  . Julio has 2 years left on his current deal . He needs to play it out or get shipped out . This is gonna cost us young defenders that are far more important than a WR on the other side of 30 despite his productivity. :bang:

AlabamaFalconFan likes this

28 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

You not realize how money hungry he is? He wants top money every year and is really licking his chops at how we have 11 million sitting the after June 1st.  And front loading it he didn't care about until once the year it dropped.

He'll legit want 15 or more every year as a cap hit. (Seeing how Brown has 2 years st almost 18, you can bet it'll be up there as well)

Furthermore like I said.  We won't be keeping Grady or jones/neal. And trufant won't be cut, only thing you'll see is him not re-signed. 

What favors have Matt ever done for the team? Name'em.....

Vandy and NYCFalc like this

9 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Did he ever actually ask for more? Or was it that he had no guaranteed money left? 

All a good player has to do to guarantee their money for the season is show up for work.

7 minutes ago, Peyton said:

All a good player has to do to guarantee their money for the season is show up for work.

That’s not what I said. The remaining years are not guaranteed in case of injury. All mlb contracts are so it makes sense why it’s a big deal for NFL players. So what did Julio actually ask for?

So, um, what’s new today?

slow day at NFL.com I guess cuz seems like nothing is different than a month ago:

Grady first and Julio after. :shrug: