athell

Rico Allen Rehab - Back on the field

42 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

Did not think anyone could come back from an Achilles injury, then Brent Grimes happened.  Gives me hope that he can come back.

Guys are recovering faster and faster.  Modern medicine is amazing!  Derrick Johnson popped both achilles in consecutive years not too long ago iirc

10 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

The Falcons look at every position every year in the pre draft process. 

True. However as thin as we are at CB, we met with just 2 CBs at the combine. Meanwhile, despite having Neal, Rico, and Kazee, we met with 6 safeties at the combine.

Cole World likes this

5 hours ago, k-train said:

True. However as thin as we are at CB, we met with just 2 CBs at the combine. Meanwhile, despite having Neal, Rico, and Kazee, we met with 6 safeties at the combine.

Those are just reported meetings. Many, many more go unreported. Teams can meet with up to 60 players at the combine. Pretty sure within those 60 combine meetings a wide array of positions are represented. 

hjerry likes this

12 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Those are just reported meetings. Many, many more go.unreported. Teams can meet with up to 60 players at the combine. Pretty sure within those 60 combine meetings a wide array of positions are represented. 

Yeah. I know every year we draft a guy where we had no reported meetings. A reporter will ask "did you meet" and TD will go on to explain when they met and how it wasn't covered/reported.

55 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Yes, I'm aware.

2 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

The Falcons have been looking at some Safeties in the pre draft process. 

Yep. Many here are saying same thing for last 3 years. Rico is gonna be gone after drafting. I do want falcons to draft a safety, very thin behind Neal and Rico.

With Kazee likely playing NB I could see them drafting a FS in mid rounds to back up Rico. Neal / Neasman at SS should be good. 

This is great to see.  With Achilles, used to be a whole year wasn't even a sure thing recovery-wise. 

God I hope the injury curse is done with us for a while. 

djbrough likes this

12 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Single most under appreciated member of the Falcons family.  And it’s really not even close

I know the talent level dropped off with the injuries but his ability to get guys in the right spot over the last several years was missed more than anything

athell and Falconsin2012 like this

Still love Rico for giving the Ravens a “no thanks” when they tried to sign him off our practice squad.  

“If I wanted to prove to the Falcons that I could play, the best way for me to do that was in a Falcons uniform. So I turned down the offer.”

No.11, athell and CaliFalcons like this

Don't get your hopes up too high. It typically takes a full two years to regain the explosion that was originally there before the achilles injury. Rooting for him, though.

20 minutes ago, djbrough said:

Don't get your hopes up too high. It typically takes a full two years to regain the explosion that was originally there before the achilles injury. Rooting for him, though.

BOOOO.....BOOO....BOOO this man.  This was such a positive topic.

LOL....just jk with you DJ.......BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, djbrough said:

Not with the current practices of achilles rupture repairs.  Was just reading studies that showed they are back to on the field within a calendar year and back to "normal" shortly thereafter.  Rico ruptured his in late September so the fact that he is already out here 6 months post surgery doing agility is a pretty good sign and means he should be right on track.

Achilles injuries aren't the killer they once were.