Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lju713

Mecole Hardman

27 posts in this topic

5'10 185 and ran a 4.33 40. He said he met with the Falcon officials at the NFL combine and with TD at the UGA pro day earlier today. He may be the reason Hall and Hardy weren't resigned. He would help our ST and if used correctly we could have a Tyreek Hill clone. Thoughts??

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Yep. Give me Hardman in the mid rounds and we have added some more real speed to the team.

Im thinking 3rd round. Hope we can trade up or trade back into the round to get him.

36 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Im thinking 3rd round. Hope we can trade up or trade back into the round to get him.

CB before WR. Would have to be later than that.

Wouldn’t take a WR til the 5th. Need DL help badly

wjo was the little 5’8 receiver in this draft everyone is in love with?

Mannn if he could slip to the 4th round .. I seriously see us grabbing a guy mid-late round... We let marvin hall walk and his cost would have been like the vet min... It shows we are looking for an upgrade plus they like Gage

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I am actually on board with him.  If we can get our needs in the first 3-4 rounds, i could go with that.

People need to stop even thinking about drafting KR/PR.  The kickoff now is an exercise of forcing 21 dudes follow the ball through the air towards back of the EZ.   What’s the percentage up to now on kickoff returns?   Less than 30% and shrinking with NFL toying with no kickoffs at all.   Punters are getting better with hang times and fair catches are the norm.

To me, you evaluate receivers as receivers and the other stuff is just a bonus.  Hardman as a receiver? Just not a consistent force at UGA - when he did catch the ball open it was a big play but he shouldn’t be considered before round 5/6.   There are lots of guys that are better receivers that still could contribute on ST.

Geneaut and Flying Falcon like this

21 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

People need to stop even thinking about drafting KR/PR.  The kickoff now is an exercise of forcing 21 dudes follow the ball through the air towards back of the EZ.   What’s the percentage up to now on kickoff returns?   Less than 30% and shrinking with NFL toying with no kickoffs at all.   Punters are getting better with hang times and fair catches are the norm.

To me, you evaluate receivers as receivers and the other stuff is just a bonus.  Hardman as a receiver? Just not a consistent force at UGA - when he did catch the ball open it was a big play but he shouldn’t be considered before round 5/6.   There are lots of guys that are better receivers that still could contribute on ST.

I didn't say anything about using him as a return man.  We brought in Barner for that. We are losing both Hall and Hardy and replacing them with Gage...we need another receiver, someone who can actually contribute.  As someone said earlier Tyreek Hill clone.  

g-dawg likes this

5 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I didn't say anything about using him as a return man.  We brought in Barner for that. We are losing both Hall and Hardy and replacing them with Gage...we need another receiver, someone who can actually contribute.  As someone said earlier Tyreek Hill clone.  

Agreed but there are half dozen I like better - maybe not as fast but better receivers - Dionte Johnson, Penny Hart, Andy Isabella, Hunter Renfrow to name a few.

Geneaut likes this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Agreed but there are half dozen I like better - maybe not as fast but better receivers - Dionte Johnson, Penny Hart, Andy Isabella, Hunter Renfrow to name a few.

Same here. I won't burst into flames if we take Mecole but it should be late, and not over the guys you have listed. I think we have to take a WR this draft though due to the Sanu salary situation next year. Just in case.

g-dawg likes this

Just now, Geneaut said:

Same here. I won't burst into flames if we take Mecole but it should be late, and not over the guys you have listed. I think we have to take a WR this draft though due to the Sanu salary situation next year. Just in case.

Yeppers this is Sanu’s last year unless something crazy happens like a major injury to Julio or Calvin.

Geneaut likes this

28 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I have been on a Jalen Hurd kick recently.  

Geneaut likes this

45 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeppers this is Sanu’s last year unless something crazy happens like a major injury to Julio or Calvin.

I'm afraid so also. Love the guy. He's a beast on the field and looks like the perfect team-mate but we have to be NE with our payroll I think. 

g-dawg likes this

23 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I'm afraid so also. Love the guy. He's a beast on the field and looks like the perfect team-mate but we have to be NE with our payroll I think. 

Yeppers.  Gonna have to start choosing people to keep and to let go.

Geneaut likes this

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Who do we have more explosive than Hardeman???? Remember the NFL drafts players on potential...not production. If Hardeman was in a offense like Ohio State or Clemson he would have better numbers. Why not draft a KR/PR isn't that what KC did with Hill??? We have JJ,Sanu,and Ridley was pure WR....Mecole is a pure playmaker receiving,running,returner.

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Isabella going to be a stud.