Cole World

OT vs. OG

32 posts in this topic

Are we prioritizing pass protection or rushing the passer in rd one? Is Ty a better tackle than VB is a edge rusher? I’d say PR DL first. We have Takk and Means and DQ has bet the farm on VB. The DL is a mess especially with B Irvin getting away.

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

:)

man I hope you (and more importantly falcons brass) are right on Ty. But he sure don’t give me the warm fuzzies, if for no other reason than for what we saw Beasley do to him. 

And yes, that's A bias and we know players can get better (or in Beasley's care, worse). But any player who got dominated that badly in one game is cause for pause. 

Remember mike person at C? This feels like that same kind of cluster- @$!?.....sure hope I’m wrong. 

My concerns about Ty revolve around two factors.  One, Ty started late in the season after the team was virtually out of the playoffs, against other teams who were also virtually out of the playoffs.   Haven't we been teased like this before?

The other thing is, how quickly Ty signed on with the Falcons.  Most players, if they are any good, -want- to become FA's after their rookie deals expire.  Ty's signing came more than a month before Free Agency.  Plus the amount Ty signed for, it isn't really starters wages.

Many here think, hey we kept Ty at a reasonable rate, that's good.  It is, but if Ty doesn't believe he is starter material, then maybe the Falcons shouldn't either.

Vandy likes this

8 hours ago, vel said:

Agreed. But the thing is they literally have multiple games of Ty starting during his time as a Falcon when Schraeder went down and refuse to watch them. We didn't even know how Chester and Levitre would fit outside of them being scheme fits and Chester being with Kyle previously. It was more projection. We literally don't have to project how Ty performs in this offense. 

Vel I been on this all off season it’s the coaching that needs to improve to see the best out of a certain group.Falcons across the board will only get better if the coaching can get the best out of the talent.

If you look back at certain position aspects for example run D or pass pro run blocking whatever I bet you’ll see several breakdowns across the board that effected performance and here in lies back to the preparation and coaching.

We as fans are critical of individuals and in some cases it’s correct but a lot of the times it’s the group that are at fault.These are harder to define because you really have to know what your looking at to see the errors.

A full article from the Atlanta Falcons.com

ATHENS, Ga. – Although the Falcons may not have made many “splash” free-agent signings this offseason, the moves they have made have been very intentional.

The Falcons’ No. 1 need heading into the offseason was to bolster their offensive line. Matt Ryan was sacked 42 times last year and the Falcons finished with the 27th-ranked rushing attack, averaging 98.3 yards per game. Both starting guards – Brandon Fusco and Andy Levitre – also ended up on the injured reserve list.

Not surprisingly, Atlanta’s first two free-agent signings this past week were both guards – James Carpenter and Jamon Brown. Carpenter is a 6-foot-5, 321-pound left guard and Brown is a 6-foot-4, 340-pound right guard.

But just because the Falcons signed two offensive linemen doesn’t mean they’re done addressing that area, according to Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff.

“We need to continue to build our depth and our youth,” said Dimitroff, while attending the University of Georgia’s pro day workouts here on Wednesday.

“We’ll continue to look at the both sides of the offensive and defensive line as we go into the draft and of course many other positions we need.”   

The Falcons also added a veteran blocking tight end in Luke Stocker who has also played some fullback.

Falcons coach Dan Quinn wasn’t kidding when he said he wanted a more physical brand of football in 2019 and Dimitroff went out and found two offensive linemen who fit the bill in that regard.

“We’re really excited about two big dudes coming in,” Dimitroff said. “They are accomplished guys, have a lot of experience. There’s no mystery about the history of where we were in the last couple of years at our guard situation. We needed guys who were going to come in and anchor for Matt, that’s a big thing for us. We love the fact that we have some size there which is going to be good for us not only can they anchor in the pass game, but we feel they will be able to] move the pile more on those really important downs. We like where we are there.”

The Falcons currently have nine picks this year’s NFL Draft, which begins on April 25. The Falcons look to be in a good spot as they continue to build their roster with just over a month to go.

11 hours ago, vel said:

Agreed. But the thing is they literally have multiple games of Ty starting during his time as a Falcon when Schraeder went down and refuse to watch them. We didn't even know how Chester and Levitre would fit outside of them being scheme fits and Chester being with Kyle previously. It was more projection. We literally don't have to project how Ty performs in this offense. 

OK I see your point and can agree that Ty has enough play in Atlanta to say he is a satisfactory RT starter.

But the bold part is a flaw in your argument. We aren't "this offense" anymore. The new guards prove we are not a outside zone team and we already know DK is a 4 verts guy more than our previous WCO scheme. So we don't really know how Ty performs in this, our new offense.

13 hours ago, Flyin' In DC said:

Cody Ford?  Gono?  Taylor? Howard? 

I was thinking if Ford or Taylor are there at 14 they jump if not, they D-Line and wait for Howard in the 2nd round

Taylor is the OL I'm hoping for,, But I'm not sure he will still be there at 14,, I think we would jerk his arm off is he is... I know I would.

15 hours ago, vel said:

But you literally have a handful of games to watch. I'm just not even going to bother with it anymore. If yall don't want to actually watch the games again, then so be it. Keep going off of what happened in 2016. 

I just watched condensed gameplay from the green bay game and Arizona game. That was all that I needed to watch. He needed help most of the time. Horrible technique. Gave up a sack to Clay Matthews in the 3rd quarter and didn't even touch Clay at all. He gives up a sack to Golden with 13:43 left in the first quarter in the Cardinals game. :43 left in the first he gives up instant pressure forcing Ryan to run out of the pocket causing an incomplete pass to Hooper at the goal line. Golden was more than he could handle by himself all game long. The long run by Coleman was **** near the only good block I saw him make.

I don't think I need to waste anymore time watching him individually. The video footage does not support anything that you've said about him at all. Maybe you may want to go back and watch footage for yourself

Just watched the Tampa Bay game where they moved him inside to play LG. He actually looked decent playing Guard. He wouldn't be my full time starter at guard though.