Cole World

OT vs. OG

32 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Seeing that RT is now a need, why would someone ask that question. Ty is not a starter(although it wouldn’t surprise me if he is opening day, rookie or not)

Cody Ford?  Gono?  Taylor? Howard? 

I was thinking if Ford or Taylor are there at 14 they jump if not, they D-Line and wait for Howard in the 2nd round

ya_boi_j and egoprime II like this

It's debatable on which OL can be day 1 starters at 14. There is a good chance Ty beats them out in TC seeing the gap in NFL year 1 ready OL.

OT to push Ty/be security for year 2 and then OG that can be C should be our draft focus.

Seeing the OL learning curve year one, it's likely we focus on Defense round 1; OL gem round 2, and DL round 3 and so on.

It could become optimal for an OL at 14, but right now it's more likely Atlanta focuses on Defense in round 1 IF they grade out remaining guys ahead between OL and DL.

Make no mistake; Falcons have to finish fixing both lines. We won't win if both don't get done.

And as of today? DL is behind the OL in resources committed.

Atl Falcon and egoprime II like this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Seeing that RT is now a need, why would someone ask that question. Ty is not a starter(although it wouldn’t surprise me if he is opening day, rookie or not)

Care to elaborate? 

Vandy, Schwarzwald and NeonDeion like this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I simply do not see him as a quality starter. The right tackle position can certainly be upgraded, especially at 14

But based on what? His performance back in 2016 in Denver when he was playing hurt? Because he hasn't had a single bad game as the RT for the Atlanta Falcons. 

We see it every season where OL just need time to improve and a change of scenery. Bobbie Massie is one of the better RTs in the league and was downright atrocious in Arizona before moving to Chicago. Mark Glowinski was a scrub in Seattle on one of the worst OLs in the league and was waived midseason and is now one of the better RGs in the league. 

Just now, vel said:

But based on what? His performance back in 2016 in Denver when he was playing hurt? Because he hasn't had a single bad game as the RT for the Atlanta Falcons. 

We see it every season where OL just need time to improve and a change of scenery. Bobbie Massie is one of the better RTs in the league and was downright atrocious in Arizona before moving to Chicago. Mark Glowinski was a scrub in Seattle on one of the worst OLs in the league and was waived midseason and is now one of the better RGs in the league. 

Maybe it was a combination of how terrible the line was as a unit last season that makes me say that. Outside of Mack and Matthews, I just was not impressed at all with the guards nor RT.

egoprime II and vitaman like this

4 minutes ago, vel said:

2016 is a great example as well. Everyone ripped on us for picking up Chester and Levitre because they struggled on previous teams. They ended up taking us to the Super Bowl and now everyone wishes we still had them. Funny how things work. Offensive line is the one position where you can legitimately say "Another team's trash is another is another team's treasure." 

It is one of those positions that is really hard to project. I still remember when we took Peter Konz and everyone was stoked about how he was a safe pick. We all know how that one turned out...

vel and red falcon like this

4 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

2016 is a great example as well. Everyone ripped on us for picking up Chester and Levitre because they struggled on previous teams. They ended up taking us to the Super Bowl and now everyone wishes we still had them. Funny how things work. Offensive line is the one position where you can legitimately say "Another team's trash is another is another team's treasure." 

It is one of those positions that is really hard to project. I still remember when we took Peter Konz and everyone was stoked about how he was a safe pick. We all know how that one turned out...

While that’s true, it works both ways. We as falcons fans can attest that isn’t the case all the time. We have seen a few instances where one teams treasure is another teams trash. Happens with every team

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Maybe it was a combination of how terrible the line was as a unit last season that makes me say that. Outside of Mack and Matthews, I just was not impressed at all with the guards nor RT.

But again, that has nothing to do with Ty specifically. That's my point. Everybody says what you say, but can't specifically explain why Ty shouldn't start. Outside of a miscommunication with Hooper vs Arizona, nobody can name specific plays as to why Ty is terrible. It all stems from his rep from Denver and what Vic did to him. 

6 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Agreed. But the thing is they literally have multiple games of Ty starting during his time as a Falcon when Schraeder went down and refuse to watch them. We didn't even know how Chester and Levitre would fit outside of them being scheme fits and Chester being with Kyle previously. It was more projection. We literally don't have to project how Ty performs in this offense. 

red falcon likes this

Just now, vel said:

But again, that has nothing to do with Ty specifically. That's my point. Everybody says what you say, but can't specifically explain why Ty shouldn't start. Outside of a miscommunication with Hooper vs Arizona, nobody can name specific plays as to why Ty is terrible. It all stems from his rep from Denver and what Vic did to him. 

Well I can’t speak for anyone else. I can’t tell you squat about his playing days in Denver nor can I tell you anything about his pff score. I can tell you I didn’t see anything that stood out about him in his short time as Falcons starter though. I can’t remember play by play from every single game but I can remember when a player stands out. He wasn’t one of them

vitaman likes this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Well I can’t speak for anyone else. I can’t tell you squat about his playing days in Denver nor can I tell you anything about his pff score. I can tell you I didn’t see anything that stood out about him in his short time as Falcons starter though. I can’t remember play by play from every single game but I can remember when a player stands out. He wasn’t one of them

But that's what you want from an OL. Let's not act like we're sitting and watching the OL for 60 minutes for entertainment. 

Vandy, NashvilleFalcon01 and FA91 like this

1 minute ago, vel said:

But that's what you want from an OL. Let's not act like we're sitting and watching the OL for 60 minutes for entertainment. 

Let’s not act like I sat here and said I watch them 60 minutes either. Normal human beings don’t pay attention to the offensive line until you see a guy break free and makes his way towards the qb or stuffs a rb in the backfield on instant replays. Again, If the guy had did anything to stand out, I’d respect him more. He didn’t. 

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Let’s not act like I sat here and said I watch them 60 minutes either. Normal human beings don’t pay attention to the offensive line until you see a guy break free and makes his way towards the qb or stuffs a rb in the backfield on instant replays. Again, If the guy had did anything to stand out, I’d respect him more. He didn’t. 

Which is why I ask if anybody has actually gone back and specifically watched Ty's games. Other than monster blocks, OL don't stand out. Mack doesn't do anything to stand out, but you'd notice it the moment he was gone. 

Just now, vel said:

Which is why I ask if anybody has actually gone back and specifically watched Ty's games. Other than monster blocks, OL don't stand out. Mack doesn't do anything to stand out, but you'd notice it the moment he was gone. 

Mack stands out more than the rest because he’s the lead blocker on runs and you have no choice but to look at the guy who snaps the ball. You notice lineman individually on replays whether they made a good or bad play. Either way that’s when you notice them. It was hard to notice anything from Ty considering how fast Matt was folding most of the time and some replays had him standing there looking crazy while Matt was on the ground. 

If you like him, you like him. 

28 minutes ago, vel said:

:)

man I hope you (and more importantly falcons brass) are right on Ty. But he sure don’t give me the warm fuzzies, if for no other reason than for what we saw Beasley do to him. 

And yes, that's A bias and we know players can get better (or in Beasley's care, worse). But any player who got dominated that badly in one game is cause for pause. 

Remember mike person at C? This feels like that same kind of cluster- @$!?.....sure hope I’m wrong. 

egoprime II likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

:)

man I hope you (and more importantly falcons brass) are right on Ty. But he sure don’t give me the warm fuzzies, if for no other reason than for what we saw Beasley do to him. 

And yes, that's A bias and we know players can get better (or in Beasley's care, worse). But any player who got dominated that badly in one game is cause for pause. 

Remember mike person at C? This feels like that same kind of cluster- @$!?.....sure hope I’m wrong. 

But you literally have a handful of games to watch. I'm just not even going to bother with it anymore. If yall don't want to actually watch the games again, then so be it. Keep going off of what happened in 2016. 

23 minutes ago, vel said:

But you literally have a handful of games to watch. I'm just not even going to bother with it anymore. If yall don't want to actually watch the games again, then so be it. Keep going off of what happened in 2016. 

Come on man, I watch the games just as you do. He started last 4 games against 4 bad non-playoff teams. He did okay, I need to see more and prefer a backup plan if/when he gets blown up. 

vitaman and MSalmon like this

3 hours ago, Flyin' In DC said:

Cody Ford?  Gono?  Taylor? Howard? 

I was thinking if Ford or Taylor are there at 14 they jump if not, they D-Line and wait for Howard in the 2nd round

This is exactly what I've been thinking as well.

9-3jpTry_bigger.jpg William McFaddenVerified account @willmcfadden
Follow Follow @willmcfadden
More

Dimitroff says the #Falcons needed some guards who can “anchor” in the pass game and win in short-yardage situations. Believes they have that in Carpenter and Brown.

9:52 AM - 20 Mar 2019
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gee.... it only took Dimitroff twelve years to figure this out.....:rolleyes:  :bang: