Jump to content

Elijah Holyfield did not improve 40 time at pro day.


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Freeman's a *****. You don't make it about you when it's the biggest game of your life and the other 52 guys you play with. Not to mention the coaches, management, etc that all put in work to get to where they were.

Not only that but you make it about you and then fail to pick up a simple block? That's just icing on the hate cake though.

I'd hate his *** even if he did pick up the block and we won that game.

**** Freeman.

Yep F him, all those concussions got to his head during his hissy fit contract dispute at the most wrong time you can ever have a contract dispute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

If we all agreed this would be a terribly dull place.

With that being said, I do hope we draft a bruiser RB by Rd 5. Still would be fine with Snell, Holyfield, or L.J. Scott for that role. 

I like Hill better than any back in draft followed by Damien Harris. I’m not always swayed by combine drills but snell and Holyfield both showed little explosiveness. Harris is really intriguing to me at 220 or so

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Call me crazy but I'm not wavering on my opinion of him.

Yep right there with you. I'll be happy when Freeman is cut or retires. He had a pretty direct hand in us losing the SB, his contract has also hamstrung us from keeping talent at RB and he has not done squat on the field for us in over 16 months

F him!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yep right there with you. I'll be happy when Freeman is cut or retires. He had a pretty direct hand in us losing the SB, his contract has also hamstrung us from keeping talent at RB and he has not done squat on the field for us in over 16 months

F him!!!!!

Now I see your true colors on here. You really don't want what could possibly work for the team deep down inside, and you're insulting players who contributed heavily to the team, regardless of their mistakes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Now I see your true colors on here. You really don't want what could possibly work for the team deep down inside, and you're insulting players who contributed heavily to the team, regardless of their mistakes. 

They also always fail to identify what he did to get them TO the SB and what he did IN the SB (except for the missed block...like the Jake holding penalty...)but ya know...narratives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, athell said:

Projects = / = young players

Wrong. Certain young players ARE projects. It's all over the scouting pages, with project QBs and Edge players always being the high profile big gambles on draft day.

The gap between physical ability and college production is the hallmark sign of a project. Hageman, Collins, and Campbell were all guys we drafted based on traits who came up huge during our championship run.

The fact that two of the three aren't with our team anymore are  because they were knuckleheads, not because they werent developing as football players.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Is another year for Holyfield suddenly making him run faster, making the other backs on Georgia disappear (if Zeus looks good his carries would have dropped big time if he had returned), or making half of an insane 2020 RB draft class disappear? 

I'm a Georgia fan btw. I'm not being a homer, I never bought the day 2 hype for Holyfield or the idea that he'd be a real player in the NFL. But I think it's insane to suggest he's getting undrafted. I still think he gets drafted. I said 4th/5th all the way and never budged on others suggesting higher before the combine. I might be wrong though on 4th/5th however. It might be more 6th or 7th.  

But I know 1 thing that is a guaran-freaking-tee. With that 2020 RB draft class, Holyfield is ABSOLUTELY undrafted next year, guaranteed. This year with a meh RB draft class, he has a chance at getting drafted. Next year? NO chance. None. 0. 

I never said another year at UGA would improve his 40 time, but I stand on my statement he should have stayed in school. I'm betting he knew what his 40 time was when he declared. That education would be a lot better for him down the road than 3 or 4 years in the NFL at the type salaries he's most likely to get.  :tiphat:

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Wrong. Certain young players ARE projects. It's all over the scouting pages, with project QBs and Edge players always being the high profile big gambles on draft day.

The gap between physical ability and college production is the hallmark sign of a project. Hageman, Collins, and Campbell were all guys we drafted based on traits who came up huge during our championship run.

The fact that two of the three aren't with our team anymore are  because they were knuckleheads, not because they werent developing as football players.

 

 

I mean if you want to argue technicalities, I am not interested really but I still disagree with your initial statement that we got to the SB because of project players.  We didn't.  We got to the SB on the backs of a historic offense and a young defense that came together at the right time.  We got to the SB WITH projects for sure, and Hags was for sure a project...Collins was 1st round talent but couldn't lay off the weed...but we did not get to the SB because of the two project players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I never said another year at UGA would improve his 40 time, but I stand on my statement he should have stayed in school. I'm betting he knew what his 40 time was when he declared. That education would be a lot better for him down the road than 3 or 4 years in the NFL at the type salaries he's most likely to get.  :tiphat:

He can always go back later and with the resources that student athletes have, he might have already walked (don't quote me here as I'm not totally sure). I meant to put that there too. The school helps more than NFL side of things doesn't mean a whole lot to me there when you consider that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

He can always go back later and with the resources that student athletes have, he might have already walked (don't quote me here as I'm not totally sure). I meant to put that there too. The school helps more than NFL side of things doesn't mean a whole lot to me there when you consider that.

I've read that through a dozen times, and for the life of me I still don't get the voice of reason there   

 

pun intended

 

:tiphat:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...