Elijah Holyfield did not improve 40 time at pro day.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, metatron360 said:

Elijah isn't your speed player but he can block and his avg in the NFL will be 5.5 to 6 ypc with a high after contact. 

Turner the burner wasn't blowing down the field either but watching him was alot of fun

lol Turner wasn’t blowing down the field? Then you obviously weren’t watching him. He was fast, and powerful. He can run you over or run right by you , he was literally gashing defenses.

19 minutes ago, metatron360 said:

Elijah isn't your speed player but he can block and his avg in the NFL will be 5.5 to 6 ypc with a high after contact. 

Turner the burner wasn't blowing down the field either but watching him was alot of fun

Turner got most of his yards in long runs. He was a burner and had great speed. Turner ran a sub 4.5 40 yard dash. Heck he was kick returner in San Diego. 

24 minutes ago, metatron360 said:

Not sure how accurate but i found that turner ran a 4.49.

Running 6.4 yard avg vs sec talent behind a uga line. I would credit him for that.  Yes elijah  ran a slow 40, Turner's was a 4.49 at the combine. I remember seeing Turner take it to the house and looking like he was out of juice. Turner is one of my favorite backs to watch from a power standpoint

9 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Turner had breakaway speed, don't know what you're smoking. That's the reason he was called the Burner.

Zero chance he has 5.5-6 ypc.

Holyfield just isn't that good.

I'd like Holyfield late, get a speed back as well.

Let Holyfield crosstrain at FB with that speed. And at the very least use him for 1-2 yardage situations.

6 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I seriously don't get what Holyfield does better than Brian Hill, and I'm not even a giant Hill fan. He's an AAF guy.

Hard to know; part of it is the unknown

We see Holyfield in college tape, but noone here knows what Hill is now; only what we saw after we brought him in

The version of Hill we're familiar with is easy to give up on because he already failed once, while Holyfield still has "potential" 

6 minutes ago, caponine said:

lol Turner wasn’t blowing down the field? Then you obviously weren’t watching him. He was fast, and powerful. He can run you over or run right by you , he was literally gashing defenses.

Yeah, I mean, that was literally why we called him Turner the Burner. He ran under a 4.5, which is incredibly impressive for a guy his size.

Maybe this person doesn't remember how much less effective Turner was his last season as he got older and slower. 

33 minutes ago, metatron360 said:

?? Best YPC last year  in the NFL was 5.5, best YPC with 200+ carries was 5.0. I think Holyfield has enough to carve out a career in the NFL, not enough to be the best at YPC.

26 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Something like that.  When do you ever run 40 yards in a straight line during a game

I read that the guy that started measuring the 40 yard speed was thinking about kickoffs and that 40 yards was about as far as you'd run in a straight line on any given play.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

I read that the guy that started measuring the 40 yard speed was thinking about kickoffs and that 40 yards was about as far as you'd run in a straight line on any given play.

Punts.  He wanted to know how quick players could get downfield to cover punts.