Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryantlanta

Elijah Holyfield did not improve 40 time at pro day.

208 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I've read that through a dozen times, and for the life of me I still don't get the voice of reason there   

pun intended

:tiphat:

Try reading it in a Hank Hill voice...

papachaz likes this

Just now, athell said:

Try reading it in a Hank Hill voice...

well everything I do in Hank Hill's voice has to start with "Now Bobby...."  think it will still work?

:lol:

athell likes this

8 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Still like him. Next...

How can you not Hash? Kid gives it all he’s got, to the point now he’s been banged up with 2-3 concussions he’ll most likely have to deal with as he ages .... yet still will be out there fighting for every yard, trying to win games for his team. What more do you want from your RB? 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

2 hours ago, caponine said:

How isnt this right ?? were you even watching when he first came to the team about 10 years ago ?? If you were than how could you make such a ridiculous observation.

What???

2 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

It is, if you watched him early on and not just at the end of his stint with the Falcons. He was named the burner for a reason and always busted long runs.

I’m a Turner fan. What are you talking about 

18 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

WHAT??????

Not fat...dude has none.  But maybe drop 7-8 pounds of muscle.  He ran 10.9 in the 100 meters in high school.  Where the heck did the speed go

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

I've read that through a dozen times, and for the life of me I still don't get the voice of reason there   

pun intended

:tiphat:

Given that he can always go back and the possibility he's already walked, I don't really think he's making "that" big of a mistake. For him to stay I bet in his mentality is conceding that he does not have a realistic long term shot at NFL glory, and he'll actually probably have to "play adult" and do boring work.

Edited by VoiceofReason95

17 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Not fat...dude has none.  But maybe drop 7-8 pounds of muscle.  He ran 10.9 in the 100 meters in high school.  Where the heck did his speed go 

Elijah12 :ninja:

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

well everything I do in Hank Hill's voice has to start with "Now Bobby...."  think it will still work?

:lol:

Just to continue this "I sell popcorn and popcorn accessories. 

4 hours ago, hjerry said:

This is pretty much confirmation for some of us

The real laugh comes from whatever acid some we're taking when they argued before all this that he was a Day 2 guy, or that Riley Ridley was round 1 material and so on

There's some good talent coming from UGA this year. They were just overhyped

I’m crazy big Dawg fan and I never overhype UGA players.   Always said Holyfield doesn’t have COD skills but thought he would run at least a 4.64 or better.  Never was interested at him in 3rd-5th rounds but much later 6th-UDFA I might take a flyer.

As to Riley Ridley, he’s a #3 type guy in NFL.   Never bought 2nd or 3rd rd projections.   If he wasn’t Calvin’s brother he would never have gotten the hype he got.  Looks like a 4th rounder to me.

I think D’Andre Walker’s got a chance and worth a pick in 4th round or later.  Would take a flyer on Ledbetter as a run stopping DE and rotational piece.

hjerry likes this

40 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Not fat...dude has none.  But maybe drop 7-8 pounds of muscle.  He ran 10.9 in the 100 meters in high school.  Where the heck did the speed go

No!

2 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

As a Dawg fan not a HOMER I think Elijah should have returned for his senior season.

I wanted Elijah to return for selfish reasons but it was probably better for him to leave early.   Another year won’t make him faster.   With Zamir and Cook likely getting more carries it’s likely Elijah would have a less productive year - Further, RBs only have a finite amount of carries in their body and need to get to NFL contract #2 ASAP.

blkbigdog35 likes this

26 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I wanted Elijah to return for selfish reasons but it was probably better for him to leave early.   Another year won’t make him faster.   With Zamir and Cook likely getting more carries it’s likely Elijah would have a less productive year - Further, RBs only have a finite amount of carries in their body and need to get to NFL contract #2 ASAP.

Agreed and I felt the same way but I just hope his 40 time doesn’t hurt him too much because he is a very good back!

g-dawg likes this

6 hours ago, metatron360 said:

Elijah isn't your speed player but he can block and his avg in the NFL will be 5.5 to 6 ypc with a high after contact. 

Turner the burner wasn't blowing down the field either but watching him was alot of fun

Turner Ran a 4.49......

hence the Turner the burner nickname 

FalconBlood likes this