Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryantlanta

Elijah Holyfield did not improve 40 time at pro day.

208 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

That’s the issue with drafting Holyfield.  He is too slow to contribute on ST ‘s...and late rounders have to do that

Yup.  Bubble players need to contribute on special teams day 1.  I don't know, I feel bad for him.  Hope he gets a shot somewhere.  I'm sure at the very least he is an UDFA and he gets some camp/preseason work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

You guys really think long speed is all there is to YPC????????!!!????!!!!!!!!!????

No but you can't seriously think a near 4.9 40 during his dang pro day isn't a huge red flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, athell said:

Man we don't need anymore projects on this team.

We do need a power back tho. I'd take him, Snell, Ozigbo, etc anyone who could help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yo_Lover said:

We do need a power back tho. I'd take him, Snell, Ozigbo, etc anyone who could help.

Don't need a power back when your line can get a push...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pretty much confirmation for some of us

The real laugh comes from whatever acid some we're taking when they argued before all this that he was a Day 2 guy, or that Riley Ridley was round 1 material and so on

There's some good talent coming from UGA this year. They were just overhyped

JeffAtl likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, athell said:

Don't need a power back when your line can get a push...

You do man. I don't believe in Free, Ito, or Hill to do it.

ShadyRef likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, metatron360 said:

Elijah isn't your speed player but he can block and his avg in the NFL will be 5.5 to 6 ypc with a high after contact. 

Turner the burner wasn't blowing down the field either but watching him was alot of fun

Yes he was. In a straight line he was real fast. Forgot how many big runs he was part of?  He didnt have lateral quickness. He didnt get Burner name being slow. Lol

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alabama's LB, Mack Wilson said yesterday, "I'm a football player not a track star." Sometimes too much is put on these times. Remember Duke Riley blew it away. I still think Holyfield could be a good, late round get for us. But I understand there is a strong UGA hate with some so it won't happen.

athell, GeorgiaBoyz and mqg96 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

Alabama's LB, Mack Wilson said yesterday, "I'm a football player not a track star." Sometimes too much is put on these times. Remember Duke Riley blew it away. I still think Holyfield could be a good, late round get for us. But I understand there is a strong UGA hate with some so it won't happen.

He is absolutely correct.  Combine warriors often never live up to the hype.  It's also true that this is a huge hit to his draft stock and a big red flag.  I wouldn't be opposed to a late round flyer, but to hjerry's point, he is no day 2 guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, athell said:

Shocker :rolleyes:

I'm not the one that drafted a midget expecting him to be able to push the pile. He's too small and weak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, athell said:

He is absolutely correct.  Combine warriors often never live up to the hype.  It's also true that this is a huge hit to his draft stock and a big red flag.  I wouldn't be opposed to a late round flyer, but to hjerry's point, he is no day 2 guy.

No one here wants him day 2.

I'm talking 6-7th

egoprime II likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yo_Lover said:

I'm not the one that drafted a midget expecting him to be able to push the pile. He's too small and weak.

lol man you need to get over it.  You sound like a scorned woman now :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will be an UDFA probably for someone like the Lions. Matt Ryan had a very similar combine and pro day 40.

You are UGA homers if you want him here, many more capable bigger RB's we could draft that are fast than Matt Ryan.

Stop being stupid UGA homers, the only reason he is talked about here is he is from UGA.

You cannot make it int he NFL and be a RB when you are running 4.8-4.9 and and be in your early 20's.

Imagine how slow he will get as he ages? He has DT speed as a RB his career is DOA.

He also has hands fo stone and at 215lbs he is not exactly a bruiser either.

He will be lucky to end up as an UDFA

egoprime II likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't watch a lot of this guy but from what I saw he had an issue with avoiding contact, which is fine in college when most guys can't tackle but in the NFL that doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, athell said:

No but you can't seriously think a near 4.9 40 during his dang pro day isn't a huge red flag.

Not when he only needs 1-3 yds to be the goal line or short yardage guy. He has vision, foot work, and power....this is the same board hating on 40s, verts, and BPs man! The goal post moves

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 40 time is the best indicator of how good a RB will be.

- Al Davis

Seriously though.  He'll be an UDFA and end up being a steal for someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Not when he only needs 1-3 yds to be the goal line or short yardage guy. He has vision, foot work, and power....this is the same board hating on 40s, verts, and BPs man! The goal post moves

Where would you take him?

I'm not disagreeing with you either, ftr.  I'm just saying...his times are pretty discouraging.

And this is TATF man, the goal posts never stop moving lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

You guys really think long speed is all there is to YPC????????!!!????!!!!!!!!!????

Still need to outrun your Center.  Dude needs to drop some weight to regain some of his burst.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, athell said:

He is absolutely correct.  Combine warriors often never live up to the hype.  It's also true that this is a huge hit to his draft stock and a big red flag.  I wouldn't be opposed to a late round flyer, but to hjerry's point, he is no day 2 guy.

"Often never live up to the hype" is kinda misleading. Not just for the "often never" thing, but players who do well at the combine are far more likely to be good players at the next level than those who don't, and there are a ton of stats supporting that. You probably know that, but I'm just saying.

I'm way bigger supporter of using good combines to confirm good players than to elevate bad players (because they're still bad). But a bad combine, especially historically bad like Holyfield had, is a big red flag. Literally not one RB ran as poorly as he did and had a good career in the past decade. Could be worse looking back before that too.

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metatron360 said:

Elijah isn't your speed player but he can block and his avg in the NFL will be 5.5 to 6 ypc with a high after contact. 

Turner the burner wasn't blowing down the field either but watching him was alot of fun

Maybe if he has like 7 carries the entire year he can average 5.5 yards. If AP in his prime only had one year over 5.5 YPC, what makes you think someone as unathletic as Holyfield can do it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elijah might be stinking it up but Haskins is raising his stock at Ohio State pro day.  He csn sling it.  Effortless deep balls LEADING his receivers...:ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metatron360 said:

Elijah isn't your speed player but he can block and his avg in the NFL will be 5.5 to 6 ypc with a high after contact. 

Turner the burner wasn't blowing down the field either but watching him was alot of fun

Turner had a 4.49 40 yd combine which was really good for his size.

Holyfield is smaller and slower and has horrible hands. He has little chance in the NFL and zero chance on our team

Summerhill likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0