Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slider

Something Tells Me.....

38 posts in this topic

Last year I had a feeling come over me with about 2 weeks left before the draft that they'd draft Calvin Ridley. I couldn't shake that feeling and I discussed it on this forum with mixed reviews.

Even though it's far earlier this year, I have that funny feeling again and I can't shake it. I don't like it but my instinct says the Falcons will draft at #14:

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Throwing it out there for the record. I hope I'm wrong on this one.

FalconsIn2012 and Geneaut like this

Greedy W.  went from consensus top-5 pick to TATF overrated bum in the last 6 weeks...which is odd considering no games have been played the last 6 weeks.

Tackling aside, if Oliver and White are gone, I wouldn’t hate Greedy at 14

Just now, runshoot said:

The #Falcons sent four decision makers, including OL coach Chris Morgan, down to Alabama State to meet with T Tytus Howard today, per source. 

That would be an OL target in the 2nd round IMO

OL and DL are deep in this draft which would indicate that they could get a decent one of those outside of the 1st. I know you can't put a lot of stock in the scouting reports as far as potential is concerned but from what I'm reading, Greedy makes a whole lot of 'business decisions'. A CB that doesn't tackle in a primarily zone scheme doesn't really fit I don't think. They also say he gets confused in zone coverage and would fit best in a primarily man scheme. I still have this feeling that they'll go with him.

14 minutes ago, slider said:

Last year I had a feeling come over me with about 2 weeks left before the draft that they'd draft Calvin Ridley. I couldn't shake that feeling and I discussed it on this forum with mixed reviews.

Even though it's far earlier this year, I have that funny feeling again and I can't shake it. I don't like it but my instinct says the Falcons will draft at #14:

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

I hope what you are feeling is just some constipation.

Go take a dump and you will feel better.

We really need to get Devin White/Bush, or any of the slew of DL available.

Flying Falcon likes this

4 minutes ago, IfTheBirdsCouldTalk said:

Long but not a good tackler.. I just know that from watching devin white highlights.. He was always tackling people who broke away from #29

I'd love to see them go with White. That would be my #1 choice.

duckhoa likes this

1 minute ago, duckhoa said:

I hope what you are feeling is just some constipation.

Go take a dump and you will feel better.

We really need to get Devin White/Bush, or any of the slew of DL available.

I agree. I'll try to grunt one out. I'll get back to you on it.

duckhoa and OilFuturesTrader19 like this

37 minutes ago, slider said:

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

:barf:

I could be on board with Greedy, but only if we were to trade down and get him.

That would give us a chance to take Lawrence or Ford or Bush also.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Greedy W.  went from consensus top-5 pick to TATF overrated bum in the last 6 weeks...which is odd considering no games have been played the last 6 weeks.

Never liked him. He's overrated. People fall in love because of his cool name. But if y'all hate Trufant for his tackling your head will explode watching Greedy run away from ball carriers.

Flying Falcon and Cole World like this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Greedy strikes me as a good player but I don't see a DQ guy.   He is not physical enough.  Film suggests he may be even more of a lightweight than Tru.

Just to reiterate: one of Wilkins, Oliver, Ford, Sweat, Gary, Ferrell or Dillard will be available at 14. They are all superior prospects and fill a greater need than Greedy. 

Rock Ya-Sin is a better fit for this team and would cost a 2nd. 

g-dawg and slider like this

3 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Just to reiterate: one of Wilkins, Oliver, Ford, Sweat, Gary, Ferrell or Dillard will be available at 14. They are all superior prospects and fill a greater need than Greedy. 

Rock Ya-Sin is a better fit for this team and would cost a 2nd. 

I agree. Just a gut feeling that the Falcons will do what they do. I like Ya-Sin much better.

We ain't taking Greedy.   Don't see CB in the 1st round but I do see us taking a CB on draft's 2nd day - either 2nd or 3rd round.

I've been thinking the same thing, thinking about trufant and knowing he us gonna get cut next year. The cap hit us just to much to keep him. 

Having a good corner on a rookie deal to pair with Oliver I think is a good plan then grabbing a linemen in the second would make sense.

5 hours ago, slider said:

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

I posted the same thing 2 days ago on another thread. I think I had a dream we drafted Greedy months back and was so confused. Now it all makes sense. We know this staff has been all over CBs early every off-season. We always added them even with 5 vets deep. Now we cut a bunch of guys...I can see it happening.