Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ya_boi_j

Haloti Ngata goes out on top

15 posts in this topic

One of the best interior D'Line players of my time at least. This is one way to call it a day

Defensive tackle Haloti Ngata became a free agent last week, but he has no plans to sign with an NFL team for the 2019 season.

Ngata announced his retirement in an Instagram post on Monday morning. The post included a picture of Ngata on top of Mount Kilimanjaro with a sign proclaiming that he’s retiring “on top.”

“Just a man standing on top of the world with a heart full of gratitude,” Ngata wrote. “Thank you Lord for letting me play the game I love for 13 unforgettable years. I’m retiring on top. I might be finished playing football, but I’m holding tight to the friendships, memories and wisdom I’ve gained along the way. ‘Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.’ Walking away with no regrets, just peace in knowing I gave it my all and had a helluva lot of fun doing it.”

Ngata was a first-round pick by the Ravens in 2006 and won a Super Bowl, made two All-Pro teams and five straight Pro Bowls during his nine years in Baltimore. He spent three seasons with the Lions before signing with Philly as a free agent last year

20 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

What a player he was too in his prime. He was that rare specimen that could play any postion on a D-line in any front. 

For people who never got to watch him in his prime and want to see a legit dline guy, this is the guy to watch. Playing dline isn’t only about sacks like this generation of people tend to think now a days. 

Dude dominated in the college and pros. I got misty-eyed when I read he left college early because his mother was on dialysis and she died in 2006. Man that had to be painful.

MilleniumFalcon likes this

13 hours ago, E. T. said:

Good luck to him....hope we can land someone like him!

Today's generation wouldn't even be impressed with him because he didn't rack up 16+ sacks per season. This dude is a guy who truly deserved big money in his prime. Talk about making an impact on the field

E. T. likes this

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Today's generation wouldn't even be impressed with him because he didn't rack up 16+ sacks per season. This dude is a guy who truly deserved big money in his prime. Talk about making an impact on the field

Yeah, when I think about a dominating ravens defense, he’s one of the first to come to mind. 

ya_boi_j likes this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Agreed. He's what I would call a player who quietly made an impact. He made others lined up beside him and even behind him look good.

ya_boi_j likes this