Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thethirdtate

Montez Sweat

30 posts in this topic

Depends on the condition, there's a lot of small variables there

Players with a "condition" have slipped anywhere from a few spots to undrafted. Teams will have all the specifics, so they'll be well informed. 

Stryka likes this

Yeah I believe so! I wonder how extensive it is. What if he fell to us in the second! Start our draft with Oliver then sweat!

The problem is that the steroids/meds necessary to main the edge at his specific position are **** on the cardiovascular system. 

Hope for his sake it's something thay can be monitored and treated.

Osiruz likes this

No, as long as you manage it , it’s fine. He can still play and is very talented. Cant knock the man for something he has no control over. NFL teams really need to show some sense when drafting. if you’re drafting for a need and he’s there then draft him. 

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

No, as long as you manage it , it’s fine. He can still play and is very talented. Cant knock the man for something he has no control over. NFL teams really need to show some sense when drafting. if you’re drafting for a need and he’s there then draft him. 

Right. He's still a freak athletes and it doesn't seem the condition impacted him in college

Stryka likes this

1 minute ago, B_84falcons said:

Right. He's still a freak athletes and it doesn't seem the condition impacted him in college

Exactly this wasnt even an issue to the draft now. Before he was able to play with this and still be an elite player

Stryka likes this

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Exactly this wasnt even an issue to the draft now. Before he was able to play with this and still be an elite player

Yeah they definitely tend to blow stuff put of proportion. If it was impacting his play/ his combine, sure I understand him sliding, but if he has not shown issues throughout his career, then leave it alone no point in blowing it out of proportion ( always happens). Get it together NFL

34 minutes ago, caponine said:

You can say that all you want because you aren't making these calls. You're a fan and this isn't your job. For a lot, if not most, of these GMs and HCs, these first round picks will determine whether they still have a job in a year or two, or at least be a big part of it. Call it overthinking if you want, but teams will factor stuff like this in, as they should. How much just depends on the exact details, which none of us are privy too. All we're doing is watching tape and wanting players.

27 minutes ago, B_84falcons said:

Yeah they definitely tend to blow stuff put of proportion. If it was impacting his play/ his combine, sure I understand him sliding, but if he has not shown issues throughout his career, then leave it alone no point in blowing it out of proportion ( always happens). Get it together NFL

First of all, we don't know that nothing came of it at the college level. That's our assumption. Second, no problems at the college level, does not, in any way, automatically mean there will be no problems in the future. That's where having all the details and researching them thoroughly comes in.

9 minutes ago, hjerry said:

You can say that all you want because you aren't making these calls. You're a fan and this isn't your job. For a lot, if not most, of these GMs and HCs, these first round picks will determine whether they still have a job in a year or two, or at least be a big part of it. Call it overthinking if you want, but teams will factor stuff like this in, as they should. How much just depends on the exact details, which none of us are privy too. All we're doing is watching tape and wanting players.

First of all, we don't know that nothing came of it at the college level. That's our assumption. Second, no problems at the college level, does not, in any way, automatically mean there will be no problems in the future. That's where having all the details and researching them thoroughly comes in.

False, the problem has in no way affected his play before. Doesnt take a GM too see that. The same way his heart condition could affect him is the same way a first rounder could tear their acl or suffer a bad injury. its just part of the game.

B_84falcons likes this

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

False, the problem has in no way affected his play before. Doesnt take a GM too see that. The same way his heart condition could affect him is the same way a first rounder could tear their acl or suffer a bad injury. its just part of the game.

You have zero facts, or info on the subject. You just assumed all of that.

Vandy and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

3 minutes ago, hjerry said:

You have zero facts, or info on the subject. You just assumed all of that.

ok chief

8 minutes ago, caponine said:

It could get worse, I'm sure they take that into account.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

It could get worse, I'm sure they take that into account.

which i understand fully but if they can manage it. it should be no problems. Its the same with players that have sickle cell anemia or other ailments. And they’re still able to play but i agree with you. Thats why teams will take a close look at him and be hesitant

Malachore likes this

14 minutes ago, caponine said:

which i understand fully but if they can manage it. it should be no problems. Its the same with players that have sickle cell anemia or other ailments. And they’re still able to play but i agree with you. Thats why teams will take a close look at him and be hesitant

Ryan Clark **** near died playing football cause of his sickle cell anemia trait. He lost his spleen cause of it. I would say that is a big problem. And players with heart conditions that played in college wasn't cleared to play in the NFL.

First thing that comes to mind is Gaines Adams. Not sure the details of his ailment but he unexpectedly passed away. Its the heart, manageable or not its a tricky situation. How many times do people underestimate an injury only for things to get worse? A competitor will always claim they're okay and won't affect their being. In the end Its a tough sport, it will be a strain. I just hope he makes the right decision and lives a long happy life. 

youngbloodz likes this

45 minutes ago, Silence the Critics said:

First thing that comes to mind is Gaines Adams. Not sure the details of his ailment but he unexpectedly passed away. Its the heart, manageable or not its a tricky situation. How many times do people underestimate an injury only for things to get worse? A competitor will always claim they're okay and won't affect their being. In the end Its a tough sport, it will be a strain. I just hope he makes the right decision and lives a long happy life. 

Exactly the heart is nothing to play with. Gaines died entirely too soon. This ish is bigger than football