Anyone Know Anything About This Guy?

egoprime II

7 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Just had to let them know. People always diss players from smaller schools. The cat in this thread trying to argue is clueless about it though. 

There's some guys that come out of small schools. Alfred Morris, Wentz, Ocho, etc but they are at a disadvantage.

45 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Just had to let them know. People always diss players from smaller schools. The cat in this thread trying to argue is clueless about it though. 

What exactly am I clueless about? Sorry you're missing my point.. 

19 hours ago, hjerry said:

What a terrible example

Far more that have proven the small school thing true 

Smaller school prospects have greater likelihood of failure for a multitude of reasons

Not saying this guy in particular will fail, but "because Jerry Rice went to a small school" is not at all a reason to believe that he'll succeed. You watch the tape same as any other, but factoring in the talent he faced, is absolutely part of that analysis. 

That's why I said I wonder if anybody said that about Jerry. I fully realize that there are a lot more misses than hits for guys coming out of small schools doesn't mean one should dismiss somebody out of hand because of it. I never said he would succeed.

18 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

There's some guys that come out of small schools. Alfred Morris, Wentz, Ocho, etc but they are at a disadvantage.

True. I was just letting them know that it has nothing to do with the competition on the other level. Some guys didn't get the opportunity to to play. Some didn't have the academic requirements, etc.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:18 PM, hjerry said:

What a terrible example

Far more that have proven the small school thing true 

Smaller school prospects have greater likelihood of failure for a multitude of reasons

Not saying this guy in particular will fail, but "because Jerry Rice went to a small school" is not at all a reason to believe that he'll succeed. You watch the tape same as any other, but factoring in the talent he faced, is absolutely part of that analysis. 

there is no reason to say this guy will fail because others from small schools have failed. There are plenty of guys from small schools that have had success in the NFL. Jerry Rice is just the most famous...

27 minutes ago, Alomar said:

there is no reason to say this guy will fail because others from small schools have failed. There are plenty of guys from small schools that have had success in the NFL. Jerry Rice is just the most famous...

Never did I say that he will fail because he was from a small school, only that to say that he has a good chance to succeed because Jerry Rice did is asinine. Small school is absolutely a negative. A far larger percentage of small school player fail than those from larger schools. They are at a much larger disadvantage. That is reality.

I know he was #1 in yards last season 

Top 10 receiving yard leaders of the 2018 season

NFL.com

Check out the top 10 receiving yard leaders from the 2018 regular season.

10 Photos Total

•  

Ben Liebenberg/NFL

10. Travis Kelce, TE, Kansas City Chiefs – 1,336 yards

•  

Bruce Kluckhohn/Associated Press

9. Adam Thielen, WR, Minnesota Vikings – 1,373 yards

•  

Perry Knotts/NFL

8. George Kittle, TE, San Francisco 49ers – 1,377 yards

•  

Ryan Kang/NFL

7. Davante Adams, WR, Green Bay Packers – 1,386 yards

•  

Ric Tapia/NFL

6. Michael Thomas, WR, New Orleans Saints – 1,405 yards

•  

Ryan Kang/NFL

5. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers – 1,426 yards

•  

Ryan Kang/NFL

4. Tyreek Hill, WR, Kansas City Chiefs – 1,479 yards

•  

Mark LoMoglio/Associated Press

3. Mike Evans, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 1,524 yards

•  

Aaron Doster/NFL

2. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Houston Texans – 1,572 yards

•  

Paul Abell/Associated Press

1. Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons – 1,677 yards

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

Never did I say that he will fail because he was from a small school, only that to say that he has a good chance to succeed because Jerry Rice did is asinine. Small school is absolutely a negative. A far larger percentage of small school player fail than those from larger schools. They are at a much larger disadvantage. That is reality.

I never said he had a good chance to succeed because Jerry Rice did. Have no idea how you got that from my post. I was just making the point not to necessarily dismiss somebody because of the size of school they went to. 

29 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

I never said he had a good chance to succeed because Jerry Rice did. Have no idea how you got that from my post. I was just making the point not to necessarily dismiss somebody because of the size of school they went to. 

I never said you did. I was reiterating my original post which you quoted and it's intended purpose, and reference to the post it was in response too

Wires are getting crossed here; lost in translation