Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slickgadawg

Johnny Manziel signed by Memphis of Alliance League

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

No offense but who gives a ****? In what way does this effect the NFL, the falcons,.city of Atlanta, state of Georgia, or the price of peanuts?

Well, well, well. What do we have here?  It DIRECTLY effects the NFL because the league is being used as a feeder league for the NFL to both train and develop players and to beta test rules that the NFL could implement.  Last time I checked the Falcons were still a franchise of the NFL and they are STILL located in the State of Georgia and the city of Atlanta.  

Having a HIGH profile name like Manziel at the most prominent position will help the new league's exposure.   The NFL , because they think from a business mindset and not from a fan mindset, knows that the potential to lose its free training league ( college football) is also under pressure to pay players.  Its called staying abreast of changes in their business world. 

Lastly,  Arthur Blank CURRENTLY can offer lower prices on peanuts and other food and drink product because his accounting sheets allow it.  If the NFL decides to pick up some or most of the tab of the Alliance League they will pass that expenture to every franchise ( the Falcons) and that could cause Blank to raise concession prices...

The NFL gave Blank nearly 300 million to build the dome.  The Falcons recouped it with a trip to the Superbowl getting the fanbase excited to buy those PSL seats.  This is business. Stop thinking from a fan mindset...

There you go slobber...

Edited by slickgadawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I have to give you credit, slick.    Your rebuttal brought classic Otter to mind.  Well done.

 

 

 

 

Thanks. I appreciate it. That clip is also good example.  Very good scene and message...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Eh, he's running out chances in football. Might be time to use that A&M degree to work. Oh wait.

Johnny Manzel can’t even get an honorary degree from A&M at this point.  People should have listened to his dad pre-draft when he concerns about his sons maturity once he becomes a millionaire face of a franchise

slickgadawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Johnny Manzel can’t even get an honorary degree from A&M at this point.  People should have listened to his dad pre-draft when he concerns about his sons maturity once he becomes a millionaire face of a franchise

There are people out there who won't succeed in the NFL as a result of real and serious issues like Randy Gregory 

Johnny Manziel is just a ****

He deserves nothing and has already been given too much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Hopefully he gets it together.

 

I'm not sure he will anytime soon. Maybe once he gets too old to play.

 

15 minutes ago, hjerry said:

He won't 

 

I agree. Didn't he get banned from ever playing in the CFL again? I've seen reports mentioning that was the case.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Johnny Manzel can’t even get an honorary degree from A&M at this point.  People should have listened to his dad pre-draft when he concerns about his sons maturity once he becomes a millionaire face of a franchise

Lets be upfront. The Alliance League is using his name and he is using the League. They both are trying to exploit each other. The funny part about this is over the long haul I believe he would have a greater chance to get back into the NFL with this new league vs the CFL because of the NFL style of play and he is competing against former NFL players that are on those rosters. ( If he straightened out ).

Edited by slickgadawg
Falconsin2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Lets be upfront. The Alliance League is using his name and he is using the League. They both are trying to exploit each other. The funny part about this is over the long haul I believe he would have a greater chance to get back into the NFL with this new league vs the CFL because of the NFL style of play and he is competing against former NFL players that are on those rosters. ( If he straightened out ).

It would be interesting to see Alliance League champ vs CFL champ, best 2 out of 3.  Flip a coin to see if it’s CFL or Alliance rule game 1 & 3 if a third game is needed

slickgadawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It would be interesting to see Alliance League champ vs CFL champ, best 2 out of 3.  Flip a coin to see if it’s CFL or Alliance rule game 1 & 3 if a third game is needed

lol.   The only thing that would prevent it is legal matters.  Starting a league is complicated.  Thats why the NFL is just in a " consulting " stage right now.  Insurance is a BIG part of it.  I read where the State of Florida doesn't allow workmans compensation on professional leagues, so the Orlando team is OFFICIALLY located in Kingsland Georgia and lives in Jacksonville so that its practice trips are not too far away.  How the pro leagues in other sports get around that I don't know unless they were grandfathered in or something.  The point is would Alliance players be covered in Canada and vice versa.  Obviously the State of Georgia must be covering the Orlando team even if they get hurt while playing in the State of Florida.  The team has to spend 51 percent of its time IN Georgia to be covered.  Its complicated, lol...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/02/24/aaf-football-steve-spurrier-orlando-apollos-georgia/2971329002

Edited by slickgadawg
Falconsin2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

lol.   The only thing that would prevent it is legal matters.  Starting a league is complicated.  Thats why the NFL is just in a " consulting " stage right now.  Insurance is a BIG part of it.  I read where the State of Florida doesn't allow workmans compensation on professional leagues, so the Orlando team is OFFICIALLY located in Kingsland Georgia and lives in Jacksonville so that its practice trips are not too far away.  How the pro leagues in other sports get around that I don't know unless they were grandfathered in or something.  The point is would Alliance players be covered in Canada and vice versa.  Obviously the State of Georgia must be covering the Orlando team even if they get hurt while playing in the State of Florida.  The team has to spend 51 percent of its time IN Georgia to be covered.  Its complicated, lol...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/02/24/aaf-football-steve-spurrier-orlando-apollos-georgia/2971329002

You’re a clever guy, slickdawg.  One of the better posters

slickgadawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Earlier this year, Manziel said he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and had been battling alcohol and mental health issues."

Not dated this year but if true dude has a steep hill to climb . Not to mention him throwing his girlfriend around and her saying she feared for her life.

slickgadawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You’re a clever guy, slickdawg.  One of the better posters

I appreciate the compliment. I TRY, lol.   Half the time I joke about everything but deep down its coming from a good place...:)

Falconsin2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Off topic, but do they drug test in the AAF? Seems like i remember the old XFL they didnt.. 

Who knows?  I have seen the league allow the defense to just MAIM folks on defense so they probably in the " ignore" stage in a lot of areas while they try and build the league up.  

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Well, well, well. What do we have here?  It DIRECTLY effects the NFL because the league is being used as a feeder league for the NFL to both train and develop players and to beta test rules that the NFL could implement.  Last time I checked the Falcons were still a franchise of the NFL and they are STILL located in the State of Georgia and the city of Atlanta.  

Having a HIGH profile name like Manziel at the most prominent position will help the new league's exposure.   The NFL , because they think from a business mindset and not from a fan mindset, knows that the potential to lose its free training league ( college football) is also under pressure to pay players.  Its called staying abreast of changes in their business world. 

Lastly,  Arthur Blank CURRENTLY can offer lower prices on peanuts and other food and drink product because his accounting sheets allow it.  If the NFL decides to pick up some or most of the tab of the Alliance League they will pass that expenture to every franchise ( the Falcons) and that could cause Blank to raise concession prices...

The NFL gave Blank nearly 300 million to build the dome.  The Falcons recouped it with a trip to the Superbowl getting the fanbase excited to buy those PSL seats.  This is business. Stop thinking from a fan mindset...

There you go slobber...

The AAF is not a feeder league for the NFL. There have been some talks about NFL teams loaning players to the league but that won't happen until next season, if at all.

Your second paragraph doesn't make sense. They are all businesses, even college. College football isn't going anywhere and they will probably never pay players.

There are no plans anywhere for the NFL to pick up the tab for the AAF. If they do, the league paying for the AAF doesn't effect the Falcons concession prices. The league does profit sharing with teams. In 2017 the number was $8 billion which is $255 million per team. That's just money from the TV contracts and league licensing. It may not include local team revenue. That number is not released, except by the Packers, because they are private companies. The league can afford the AAF if they want without effecting the individual team bottom lines. 

The future of the NFL hinges on two things: the CBA which expires in 2020 and the TV contracts which expire in 2022. They will both show what value the league has for the future. It's pretty likely an internet company (Facebook or Amazon) could outbid the networks for the league which could change the way we watch the game. Fewer and fewer people are watching live sports on TV. The NFL is the only league that stays consistent. The future maybe in streaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The AAF is not a feeder league for the NFL. There have been some talks about NFL teams loaning players to the league but that won't happen until next season, if at all.

Your second paragraph doesn't make sense. They are all businesses, even college. College football isn't going anywhere and they will probably never pay players.

There are no plans anywhere for the NFL to pick up the tab for the AAF. If they do, the league paying for the AAF doesn't effect the Falcons concession prices. The league does profit sharing with teams. In 2017 the number was $8 billion which is $255 million per team. That's just money from the TV contracts and league licensing. It may not include local team revenue. That number is not released, except by the Packers, because they are private companies. The league can afford the AAF if they want without effecting the individual team bottom lines. 

The future of the NFL hinges on two things: the CBA which expires in 2020 and the TV contracts which expire in 2022. They will both show what value the league has for the future. It's pretty likely an internet company (Facebook or Amazon) could outbid the networks for the league which could change the way we watch the game. Fewer and fewer people are watching live sports on TV. The NFL is the only league that stays consistent. The future maybe in streaming.

 Everybody knows the Alliance is a DEFACTO feeder league for the NFL.  Manziel had to be released by San Antonio because Texas A@M  players are the property of San Antonio and I believe the Houston Texans  and the Cowboys BY AGREEMENT.  I have to verify that. Every major executive in that league has ties to the NFL.  Its DEFACTO right now and if the NFL feels its worth the investment down the road they will become DEJURE.  When Jeff Fisher's name popped up that sealed it for me. He is NFL all the way, lol. 

 Concessions, etc. IF the NFL picked up the tab it doesn't matter where or how they pass the buck to every franchise but they WILL because by YOUR admittance they are into revenue sharing.  A part of that is expense sharing.  Thats why they LOANED the Falcons almost 300 million to build the Dome.  Those 32 owners share everything.  Blank had to put that money back into the kitty. The NFL is not 32 seperate franchises but ONE entity operating franchises.  Thats why the whole thing is nothing but entertainment...

I looked into it.  San Antonio players are the property by agreement to Dallas, Houston, Kansas City and Philadelphia of the NFL and Saskatchewan of the CFL...

Edited by slickgadawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

I'm not sure he will anytime soon. Maybe once he gets too old to play.

 

 

I agree. Didn't he get banned from ever playing in the CFL again? I've seen reports mentioning that was the case.

 

 

Yep there was something in his contract pretty much saying he needs to stay out of trouble.

 

Word is he beat up his girlfriend. Ridiculous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0