bigjmw84

Mock Scenario's. A or B?

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Scenario A

1st: Christian Wilkins DT CLEM

2nd:Jeffrey Simmons DT MSU in a trade up with OAK where we send 2nd,4th, and 2020 3rd for #35

3rd:Isaiah Johnson CB HOU

4TH:Mecole Hardman WR/ST UGA

5th:Oli Udoh T ELON

5th:Austin Bryant DE CLEM

6th:Rodney Anderson RB OKLA

7th:Trace McSorley QB PSU

Scenario B

1st: Jonah William's T ALA

2nd:Trayvon Mullen CB CLEM

3rd: Khalen Saunders DT W. Illinois 

4th:Damien Harris RB ALA

4th:Trysten Hill DT UCF

5th:Connor McGovern C PSU

5th:Jalen Hurd WR Baylor

6th: Khalil Hodge LB BUF

7th:Johnathan Ledbetter DE UGA

Edited by bigjmw84

b, although i dont really want a db in the second round. But damien harris would be a fun one to watch in a falcons uni.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Simmons in the 2nd would be awesome ! DT would be set for awhile . Hardman, Anderson & Bryant would be great here as well . 

A .. all day ! 

The double dip at DT has me leaning towards A. It would take away grady's current leverage and put us in a better position to lock up Debo/Neal/Hooper if or when Jarret doesn't budge. The B scenario would have more players who can hit the ground running day 1 and contribute, but  a season of rehab and or development for Simmons/Anderson/ Bryant Would make that draft special.

Wilkins=Taller Grady Jarret

Simmons=Fletcher Cox

I.Johnson=Jalen Collins

M.Hardman=Emanuel Sanders

Oli Udoh=Donovan Smith

Austin Bryant=Jabaal Sheard

Rodney Anderson=Arian Foster

Trace Mcsorley=Chase Daniel

Edited by bigjmw84
PokerSteve likes this

Posted (edited)

Absolutely! Torn ACL's  don't mean the end for athletes anymore with today's technology.. Especially if the injury isnt catastrophic

Edited by bigjmw84
KCFalcon22 and PokerSteve like this

Also. Wilkens playing 5tech on 3rd down with jarret and Simmons inside would be a nice look

6 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Simmons in the 2nd would be awesome ! DT would be set for awhile . Hardman, Anderson & Bryant would be great here as well . 

A .. all day ! 

It’s not in the 2nd.  We traded up with Oakland which I would not do for Simmons.  Only take him if he is there for our 2nd round pick...and I suspect he will be

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Trading up for a guy with a torn ACL? What? 

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s not in the 2nd.  We traded up with Oakland which I would not do for Simmons.  Only take him if he is there for our 2nd round pick...and I suspect he will be

The Falcons' history of drafting already-injured players stinks to high heaven.  Off the top of my head, Nathan Davis... Jammi German... Will Overstreet...

Then there are RBs like Lattimore and McGee.  

In a draft deep with DT's, why take the risk?

Pacific_Falcon likes this

I like A, but I'm not really interested in the trade. B is good as well. If we went to either, I'm wondering what our plans are for Grady. A CB I've been looking at that will fit Quinn's Scheme perfectly us Joejuan Williams from Vanderbilt. I don't know where he's projected to go, but he and Oliver could be our future.

5 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I wouldn't trade up either but it does say for #35 so that would be 2nd round

6 hours ago, bigjmw84 said:

The double dip at DT has me leaning towards A. It would take away grady's current leverage and put us in a better position to lock up Debo/Neal/Hooper if or when Jarret doesn't budge. The B scenario would have more players who can hit the ground running day 1 and contribute, but  a season of rehab and or development for Simmons/Anderson/ Bryant Would make that draft special.

Wilkins=Taller Grady Jarret

Simmons=Fletcher Cox

I.Johnson=Jalen Collins

M.Hardman=Emanuel Sanders

Oli Udoh=Donovan Smith

Austin Bryant=Jabaal Sheard

Rodney Anderson=Arian Foster

Trace Mcsorley=Chase Daniel

I don’t think drafting a DT or multiple effects Grady’s stock at all. Not even FA signing would effect that bc he knows if released next year he’s getting paid. 

Also I like B. Not sure where you are getting these NFL comparisons but Udoh is trash. 

Vandy and Drew4719 like this

I'm enamored with the thought of having a dominant Interior dl. We haven't had one close to dominating since the days of Coleman? If Simmons is there, the value is too high not to make a move for a player with his ceiling. You have ur typical acl injuries, then u have ur catastrophic tears. I dont think he can be put in the catastrophic conversation. With 2 Dt's of that caliber Grady no longer has us by the balls. Stay or go..  either way it's on our terms

Niether, you went overkill on the DT position on A and B you waited to long. We need to get a pass rusher also