Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atlfalcons08

Adrian Clayborn Released By The Patriots

56 posts in this topic

Thank you @Patriots for my time with the organization. I gained so much respect for how you do things and win championships. It’s done the right way through hard work. Thank you for granting my release. I’m ready for this next chapter.

Bring him home TD!

Bring him home!!!

From Rotoworld:

Clayborn inked a two-year deal with the Patriots last offseason. He appeared in 14 games for the team, earning plus marks from Pro Football Focus against the run and as a pass rusher, but he had just 2.5 sacks after registering 9.5 the year before with the Falcons. Clayborn turns 31 in July and should have a little gas left in the tank to latch on elsewhere. The move saves the Patriots over $3.9 million against the cap and $4 million in cash.

15 minutes ago, arrogantBEAST said:

Bring him back. Let him show us how its done. 

Cause that has worked for how many players that leave the pats? 

6 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

Heck no. Everyone wants sacks and Clay put up 2.5 last year and without his crazy Dallas game that we know was a fluke, he was sitting at 3.5. What would be the point? 

You cant be serious. 

athell likes this

11 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

Heck no. Everyone wants sacks and Clay put up 2.5 last year and without his crazy Dallas game that we know was a fluke, he was sitting at 3.5. What would be the point? 

Clay is average...we've been average or below average sacking the QB since TD got here. 

duckhoa likes this

6 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Clay is average...we've been average or below average sacking the QB since TD got here. 

Quinn’s great defenses in Seattle had 38 sacks his last 2 years.  How many did 2018 Falcons get: 38

Quinn is more into chaos and disruption.  Requires an elite secondary and the offense to get out to a lead

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Quinn’s great defenses in Seattle had 38 sacks his last 2 years.  How many did 2018 Falcons get: 38

Quinn is more into chaos and disruption.  Requires an elite secondary and a lead to really thrive

well 38's not enough with our secondary

We know he can rush the passer. We

won't have to pay a lot. With all this money being paid F A's I don't know if Irvin is going to want to play for 3 million and VB is getting 12. If we get AC and Irvin we don't have to spend a high pick on a DE. We'd have a good 4 of vets and youth.

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Quinn is more into chaos and disruption.  Requires an elite secondary and a lead to really thrive

2 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

well 38's not enough with our secondary

Turnovers are the difference. I did a comparison on a different message board. I’ll copy a bit of It to here.  The Seahawks also gave up 169 less points which is a direct reflection of our crappy read zone defense (over 70% score rate by opponents) and  Our crappy third down defense which allowed a 47% conversion rate   

The Seahawks had 13 interceptions and the Falcons had 15. The Hawks had 19 forced fumbles while the Falcons had only 8. Imagine if our offense had those extra 9 possessions. Both teams scored 2 defensive touchdowns.

A technique that DQ brought to Atlanta was gang tackling and stripping the ball out. 12 of the Hawks’ forced fumbles came from DBs and linebackers. Atlanta had 5 forced fumbles that came from the interior. This may be a direct reflection of not having Neal and Jones but turnovers in my opinion will continue to be a focus on defense.

22 minutes ago, athell said:

Box score followers are the worst type of fans...

I didn’t need to look at a box score to realize Clayborn has been just as ineffective as anyone else we’ve had on the Dline. 

But I appreciate you responding without actually saying how he has any worth for us.

Just now, 32wood84white said:

I didn’t need to look at a box score to realize Clayborn has been just as ineffective as anyone else we’ve had on the Dline. 

But I appreciate you responding without actually saying how he has any worth for us.

You clearly only look at box scores.  At least embrace your ignorance.

If you can't see what worth he has for us, you need to get your face out the box scores and into some tape.

Flying Falcon likes this