Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sobeit

Mock Draft

19 posts in this topic

1. Don't think I was not considering an Iowa TE here because I was. Still I think the best pick on the board will be.

Brian Burns

Florida St.  Edge  6' 5"  249 lbs  33 7/8”

5082929.jpg

2. There are 2 players I really want with these next 2 picks. Figuring out where to get them and what we might have to give up to do it would be tough. It is not my goal here to try and figure that out. It is just to present a realistic mock with players I would take in the range I think they will go. Anyway with our 2nd pick I would pick up one of the most versatile and athletic linemen in the draft. He comes from a school that has a long history of producing great linemen.

Christopher Lindstrom

Boston College  OL  6' 4"  308 lbs  34 1/8”

AR-181108952.jpg

3. We would likely have to move back up into the back of the 2nd or early 3rd to land the next pick. Still this is a player I have targeted and like a lot. He is very athletic and can play the slot and the athleticism to play single high safety.

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

Florida  S  5' 11"  210 lbs  30 7/8”

GardnerChauncey_181229_9027_DakotaWillia

4. Just too much athleticism and upside to pass on here.

Anthony Nelson

Iowa  DL  6'7"  271  34 7/8

usa_today_11409762.0.jpg

5. This is where the draft starts getting difficult. You are looking for players with traits that can contribute and have upside.

Robert Okereke

Stanford  LB  6'1"  239  34 1/2

USATSI_10450402.jpg

6. The only Defensive Linemen to start his whole career at Auburn.

Dontavius Russell

Auburn  DL  6'3"  319  32

kevin-brady_dallas-cowboys_cowboys-draft

7. Last but not least. Great blocking TE from LSU.

Foster Moreau

LSU  TE  6'4"  243  33 1/2

GettyImages-625639526.jpg

Smiler11 and Since1990 like this

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I am ready to see your mock my friend - let's go.

I did a small one. I’m really not feeling this draft though. I’m not feeling a big one

1) DeAndre Baker CB

2) Elgton Jenkins OL

3) Deionte Thompson S

4) Khalen Saunders DT

5) Elijah Holyfield RB

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I did a small one. I’m really not feeling this draft though. I’m not feeling a big one

1) DeAndre Baker CB

2) Elgton Jenkins OL

3) Deionte Thompson S

4) Khalen Saunders DT

5) Elijah Holyfield RB

WWKOGD?

My impression of a Knight of God Mock Draft (who I have known for 10yrs!)

1-14)  Cody Ford, OT/Oklahoma - first, I know you absolutely abhor drafting offensive linemen.  I know you love defense, the running game and you tend to like defensive players first.    So why insult you right off the bat with an offensive lineman? I will tell you why - because Cody Ford has a physical element to his game -- he is a bully and he is physical - and you love physical players.   Not only that, but Cody Ford has really good athleticism for a 340lb knuckle-dragging behomoth!   Also, Cody would really help in the run game as well.  So, like it or not, you would draft Cody Ford, KOG.

2-45) Dexter Lawrence, DT/Clemson - another physical bully.  If there is one thing KOG wants, it is monster mashers with some athleticism.   Here you go - a pocket pusher and a guy that won't give ground in the run game.

3-78)  Deionte Thompson, S/Alabama - I know you like freak safeties w/ range and physicality.  This selection of Thompson at the FreeSafety position allows for the following moves:  Kazee to playing a  Cornerback and playing it physically - now you have two physical corners in Oliver/Kazee to go w/ #1 corner Trufant.     Rico Allen you ask?  He is coming off that achilles so who knows?  Also, if Rico does come back and Falcons are dealing w/ Grady again in 2020 and Debo, they might even have to let Keanu walk - not saying they will but it's possible.

4th round) Joejuan Williams, CB/Vanderbilt - here we go again.  A physical corner w/ size that has fairly loose hips for a 6'2" corner.  Smart, doesn't bite on play fakes and can transition in back pedal.   Solid tackler and has competitive toughness.

4th round comp)  Lamont Gaillard, C/Georgia - Quinnen Williams said Gaillard is the best Center he faced all season this year.  Good leader, can play zone but better in the manpower scheme - can play both center and guard but center is his better position.  Great team leader and plays physical with good movement skills.

5th round)  Elijah Holyfield, RB/Georgia - stealing another of your picks from above for my version of your mock draft.   Bully RB that can get to the outside - you aren't worried about his slow 40 time because his game speed is plenty fast.   Doesn't go down easy, can bounce a run to the outside and punishes defense.

5th round comp)   Hunter Renfrow, WR/Clemson - like me, you appreciate gritty players that maximize their abilities and are clutch players.  That is the definition of Hunter Renfrow - he has been fighting uphill battle his whole career and yet he just keep succeeding.  Now the NFL will try and tell him he is too small and too slow - Hunty-Badger don't care!

I will stop there.   This is my version of your mock draft, Sir Knight of God!

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

WWKOGD?

My impression of a Knight of God Mock Draft (who I have known for 10yrs!)

1-14)  Cody Ford, OT/Oklahoma - first, I know you absolutely abhor drafting offensive linemen.  I know you love defense, the running game and you tend to like defensive players first.    So why insult you right off the bat with an offensive lineman? I will tell you why - because Cody Ford has a physical element to his game -- he is a bully and he is physical - and you love physical players.   Not only that, but Cody Ford has really good athleticism for a 340lb knuckle-dragging behomoth!   Also, Cody would really help in the run game as well.  So, like it or not, you would draft Cody Ford, KOG.

2-45) Dexter Lawrence, DT/Clemson - another physical bully.  If there is one thing KOG wants, it is monster mashers with some athleticism.   Here you go - a pocket pusher and a guy that won't give ground in the run game.

3-78)  Deionte Thompson, S/Alabama - I know you like freak safeties w/ range and physicality.  This selection of Thompson at the FreeSafety position allows for the following moves:  Kazee to playing a  Cornerback and playing it physically - now you have two physical corners in Oliver/Kazee to go w/ #1 corner Trufant.     Rico Allen you ask?  He is coming off that achilles so who knows?  Also, if Rico does come back and Falcons are dealing w/ Grady again in 2020 and Debo, they might even have to let Keanu walk - not saying they will but it's possible.

4th round) Joejuan Williams, CB/Vanderbilt - here we go again.  A physical corner w/ size that has fairly loose hips for a 6'2" corner.  Smart, doesn't bite on play fakes and can transition in back pedal.   Solid tackler and has competitive toughness.

4th round comp)  Lamont Gaillard, C/Georgia - Quinnen Williams said Gaillard is the best Center he faced all season this year.  Good leader, can play zone but better in the manpower scheme - can play both center and guard but center is his better position.  Great team leader and plays physical with good movement skills.

5th round)  Elijah Holyfield, RB/Georgia - stealing another of your picks from above for my version of your mock draft.   Bully RB that can get to the outside - you aren't worried about his slow 40 time because his game speed is plenty fast.   Doesn't go down easy, can bounce a run to the outside and punishes defense.

5th round comp)   Hunter Renfrow, WR/Clemson - like me, you appreciate gritty players that maximize their abilities and are clutch players.  That is the definition of Hunter Renfrow - he has been fighting uphill battle his whole career and yet he just keep succeeding.  Now the NFL will try and tell him he is too small and too slow - Hunty-Badger don't care!

I will stop there.   This is my version of your mock draft, Sir Knight of God!

Your KOGproxy draft is much better.

g-dawg likes this

13 hours ago, Knight of God said:

You guys are going to be disappointed. Ford is the only OL in this draft. Gone before 14.

Waiting for your evaluation of my version of your mock draft (if you can follow all that :tiphat:).

Knight of God likes this

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Waiting for your evaluation of my version of your mock draft (if you can follow all that :tiphat:).

Wasn’t a fan

21 hours ago, Knight of God said:

1) DeAndre Baker CB

2) Elgton Jenkins OL

3) Deionte Thompson S

4) Khalen Saunders DT

5) Elijah Holyfield RB

KoG Thompson man that guy can’t tackle mate.

Ill take your word to n safeties over most but that guy sucks balls on the above.

Jenkins is stout as they come but is he mobile enough that’s the one thing I don’t like about him is is mobility looks like he’s got cement in his boots.

16 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

KoG Thompson man that guy can’t tackle mate.

Ill take your word to n safeties over most but that guy sucks balls on the above.

Jenkins is stout as they come but is he mobile enough that’s the one thing I don’t like about him is is mobility looks like he’s got cement in his boots.

That’s how the talent is this year. 

On 3/15/2019 at 3:07 PM, Knight of God said:

You guys do know, Lindstrom flat sucks. Right? He sucks. Bad.

I guess that's why he has risen as much as any OL in this draft... ??? He was graded in the 3rd round 3 weeks ago,, now he's in the top of the 2nd and some sites  have him going in the bottom of the 1st. No I don't like it,, I wanted to get him in he 3rd round. He's a top and solid Guard who can play Tackle if need be. Very underrated and has jumped two rounds.. in the last month. 

4 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I guess that's why he has risen as much as any OL in this draft... ??? He was graded in the 3rd round 3 weeks ago,, now he's in the top of the 2nd and some sites  have him going in the bottom of the 1st. No I don't like it,, I wanted to get him in he 3rd round. He's a top and solid Guard who can play Tackle if need be. Very underrated and has jumped two rounds.. in the last month. 

Alright. Believe that crap if you want. Two words....hot garbage

Have you seen Burns play. His on/off, not a 100% effort guy. Disappears for long stretches in games. You must love Vic Beasley if you want him here.