Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g-dawg

G-Dawg: The PERFECT Draft - as simulated on The Draft Network

11 posts in this topic

I don't typically get into showing you peeps my mock draft simulations as everyone does them and usually not realistic.  While this one may not be either, I have found that The Draft Network's simulator tends to be what I think is at least reasonable.    I liked this simulation as I got a player I really wanted in almost every round and addressed almost every need on the roster.

The thing that will jump out at you on this draft is my 2nd round pick - the ACL injured DT - Jeffery Simmons.   While I doubt he will fall all the way to #45, it is at least plausible given most teams don't want to take injured players that might have to sit out half or more of their rookie seasons.   To me, risk would meet reward at #45 overall and I would make that tradeoff given that Jeffery Simmons is arguably a Top 10 pick if the domestic issue checks out OK.  I love every player in this draft.   Some might argue we still would need a pure NT - to me Simmons could play the Nose and the 3T, when healthy.   Maybe we will grab Danny Shelton like everyone wants.   Jalen Jelks is a "Boom or Bust" and probably the greatest chance at a bust but with Vic back and Takk - Jelks could apprentice and, after a year we would know if he is real deal or if we need to grab someone else.

I could see as high as 7 potential starters out of these 9 picks and maybe more.   Of course someone always busts but all are good players now and all have upside to boot.   Rodney Anderson is an injury risk and so is Simmons although he doesn't really have injury history.   Really psyched at potential of Lamont Gaillard as future Center in 1-2 years when Mack retires or we cut him.

What say you?  totally unrealistic?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/nL8CCTKGbB

• 14. Atlanta Falcons  Cody Ford  IOL, Oklahoma

Image result for cody ford

• 45. Atlanta Falcons Jeffery Simmons IDL, Mississippi State

Image result for jeffery simmons

• 79. Atlanta Falcons Sean Bunting CB, Central Michigan

Image result for sean bunting central michigan

• 117. Atlanta Falcons  Josh OliverTE, San Jose State

Image result for josh oliver tight end

• 137.Atlanta Falcons Jalen Jelks EDGE, Oregon

Image result for jalen jelks oregon

• 152. Atlanta Falcons Lamont Gaillard IOL, Georgia

Related image

• 172. Atlanta Falcons Rodney Anderson RB, Oklahoma

Image result for rodney anderson oklahoma

• 186. Atlanta Falcons Hunter Renfrow WR, Clemson

Image result for hunter renfrow clemson

• 230. Atlanta Falcons Terrill Hanks LB, N

Image result for terrill hanks

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I like 14, 79, 172, and 186. About as much as I can in this draft. That’s a good draft based on what’s available.

No a fan of Simmons pick?  Because he’s hurt or you just don’t like the player.

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

No a fan of Simmons pick?  Because he’s hurt or you just don’t like the player.

He says Simmons gets pushed around. I don't see it personally, but he didn't have a great game against Alabama. People are gonna like different players.

I like a lot of the picks - after that first couple rounds I'd be happy regardless.

g-dawg likes this

everything ive seen on draft sites says Terrill Hanks is a 3rd-4th round pick, i would love for us to draft him tho. he jumps out to me whenever i watch his clips on youtube. 

g-dawg likes this

I would replace the Josh Oliver TE pick with another DT and be pretty happy with this draft overall.   We already have 4 TE's on the roster at this point theirs only so many spots to be had on a 53 man roster and i don't think we carry more than 3 TE's in  Hooper, Stocker, and Paulsen.  Im not sure Saubert makes the cut this time around.

Where as we could for sure use some more DT help and depth with Simmons not ready from the get go.

Gdawg, I would love to see a trade down draft scenario to get an extra second round pick.

I would use that extra second round pick to take Simmons.

We need to hit on our first 2 picks, to be starters this year.

Wainting on Simmons to fully recover in year 2, is more palatable that way.