Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

RB K. Barner signs 1 YR deal

56 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

He ran a 4.38 40 on his pro day, and a 4.44 40 at the combine.  Dude has some rockets

Pretty sure his official time was 4.52 at the combine... but yeah, he's got speed.

Schwarzwald likes this

Interestingly, he's yet to take a return to the house in the NFL... neither KR or PR.

Let's hope he can buck that trend this year.

4 minutes ago, k-train said:

Interestingly, he's yet to take a return to the house in the NFL... neither KR or PR.

Let's hope he can buck that trend this year.

I know this sounds settling, but I just want a respectable return unit. Period. TDs are a bonus. Keep the D fresh, amirite? LOL! 

He's ok to bring in for a try out. He's really alot like Antone Smith and Coleman. He's got some wheels and he's elusive. He was never gonna be a good running back in the league,but could have been more productive in the right situation. Like Smith and Coleman, he's really a bigger threat in space. He's got decent vision and some moves. Just don't know what he's got left at 30. He never was used right in the NFL. If he's got anything left, he could be a return guy and be use some as a extra weapon in on offense. Guess it's worth giving him a shot.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I know this sounds settling, but I just want a respectable return unit. Period. TDs are a bonus. Keep the D fresh, amirite? LOL! 

Absolutely agree.. but we are looooong overdue for a return TD.

The last PR taken to the house was by Hester back in 2014.

We haven't seen a KR taken to the house in literally nearly a decade. The last one was by Weems waaaaaaaaaaay back in 2010. :(

Kaptain Krazy and Schwarzwald like this

19 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

That's terrific. It means that many more picks we spend on linemen. And we'll draft a corner and safety because TD has a fetish.

Schwarzwald likes this

55 minutes ago, gazoo said:

He ran a 4.38 40 on his pro day, and a 4.44 40 at the combine.  Dude has some rockets

LMAO. Dude ran a 4.52 at the combine. He's only had one decent season as a returner. But it doesn't take much to get you excited does it? Just hope we draft Mecole Hardman. He ran a 4.33 at the combine and is a decent KR, PR and WR.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

He’s 30. That was like ever ago. So long I took the “for” off

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Let's ignore the jukes and is it caught if you had to go sideline to sideline for more yards at the end of a long run? lol

That's not necessarily caught if in the sense of a guy from behind the play came back to get him; just that's the length the return wound up. The dude that tackled him he tried to get an angle on and he got shoe stringer as the angle played out. :shrug: 

I'll take that every day.

Chill ive always like barner since his Oregon days. Just funny the way its titled

Schwarzwald likes this

52 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. Dude ran a 4.52 at the combine. He's only had one decent season as a returner. But it doesn't take much to get you excited does it? Just hope we draft Mecole Hardman. He ran a 4.33 at the combine and is a decent KR, PR and WR.

That’s what I was thinking. And what’s with all these small cats at RB??? Man, I’m about to rage quit

Francis York Morgan likes this

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Chill ive always like barner since his Oregon days. Just funny the way its titled

Sorry. Manic mode earlier today.

Im cool with the signing... the combination of this and Stocker frees us up to use late round picks on raw defensive prospects... one thing though... this dude is not a Tevin Coleman replacement... not even close

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

This is the correct response.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

6 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

He's ok to bring in for a try out. He's really alot like Antone Smith and Coleman. He's got some wheels and he's elusive. He was never gonna be a good running back in the league,but could have been more productive in the right situation. Like Smith and Coleman, he's really a bigger threat in space. He's got decent vision and some moves. Just don't know what he's got left at 30. He never was used right in the NFL. If he's got anything left, he could be a return guy and be use some as a extra weapon in on offense. Guess it's worth giving him a shot.

antone smith. i used to say he needed the ball more. it was 55 yard td, or nothing. but it was fun to watch.

quickzero likes this