Falcons Radio Network Firings.

49 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You and FFS1970 on a cross country drive.  Please let him get some rest on the drive.  He keeps posting about needing rest or he’s off to dome State line.  

But honestly, over/under on the number of times you hear Troff’d?  

47 is my call... 

JK with ya FFS1970

You can’t have TATF without @FalconFanSince1970  - he is one of the original characters on TATF. We disagree on most things but he always makes me laugh.  #iguarantee #troffed 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

if you and me were in the car together on a long trip and you tried to make me listen to Fricke and Hugh - there would be bloodshed - not saying who would win - but that radio dial would be changed come **** or high water.

I quit carrying my gun in the truck in the morning for fear I would turn on Fricke and Hugh and put a couple of caps in my dash.

92.9  sucks.  I used to listen to the morning show at times when driving to work (sometimes hr drive and other times 2hrs) and f*ck is the format just sh*t. I usually listen to them right when they come on at 6am and this is how it goes. 

6am-6:10:  They do their intros and usually talk about sh*t other than sports but during the NFL they usually start off with sports for at least a few minutes. 

Then they take a 10 min commercial break.  Come back at 6:20-6:30 and if they talk about sports any during 6'oclock hour, it will be during this 10 min time frame.  Then they of course, take another 10 min commercial break.

They come back at 6:40 for the Wendy zone (or whatever they call it) which she just talks about pop culture stuff (like who F'n cares about that?), as a reason to justify her job since she isn't that knowledge about sports (at least not enough to be on a sports radio show).  Then they go to commercial to close out the hour. 

So really, they don't talk about sports much at all at least during their 1st hour.  Usually the 7-8am hour is just a repeat of that same format but I hope they talk about sports a bit more . 

Edited by dawgsjw

yeah. that sounds about right. but being on t the west coast as a falcons and hawks fan, id rather here the same garbage but with the little hawks and falcons talk. btw, not a fan of the braves which will take over the airwaves soon.and responding to another thread... we fear your pen. love... the giants. 

I always enjoyed the midday show and I don't buy the reasons that I've seen for the firings. I liked John Michaels a lot more than Rick, but listened to their show almost every day while going out to get lunch. If they wanted to shake something up, it should've been the morning show because there is NO chemistry there. It's like neither of them ever want to talk about whatever the other one is saying. I'd like to see what happens if Hugh got paired up with someone else because he seems bored and disinterested and I really don't blame him.  

4 minutes ago, kew03 said:

I always enjoyed the midday show and I don't buy the reasons that I've seen for the firings. I liked John Michaels a lot more than Rick, but listened to their show almost every day while going out to get lunch. If they wanted to shake something up, it should've been the morning show because there is NO chemistry there. It's like neither of them ever want to talk about whatever the other one is saying. I'd like to see what happens if Hugh got paired up with someone else because he seems bored and disinterested and I really don't blame him.  

exactly.   if you wanted to "shake things up" - the show that should be "shook to death" would have been the morning show.  I don't believe for a minute that the morning show has good ratings - it's like fingernails on chalkboard.   John Fricke may have an announcers voice but what comes out of his mouth is stupid - he should do commercial voice-overs - that is his talent - not sportstalk - he is terrible at it.

10 hours ago, Mr.Blank said:

Sorry for John, but I never cared for Rick. He was cringey bad. Dukes and Bell is the only good show they have really.

you should check out the night show w/ Andy Bunker and his sidekick Jarvis - I like them a lot when they aren't pre-empted by Hawks games.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

you should check out the night show w/ Andy Bunker and his sidekick Jarvis - I like them a lot when they aren't pre-empted by Hawks games.

Jarvis cracks me up and Andy is just all around good. I wish they'd take over the morning show and if Fricke and Hugh have to be on the air together, then make them the midday or preferably the night show that I don't ever listen to. I 100% agree that Fricke's talents lie outside of sportstalk radio. It won't happen, but I imagine some really funny stories would be told if Randy and Hugh got paired up together. IMO, the best things that have come out of the current morning show is when Hugh starts saying more than he intended about old Eagles drama.  

13 hours ago, sanfranfalcon said:

McMichaels has been on everyday since the firings. i always thought Arch and Randy would be a good sports combo...

Randy is my least favorite on the whole station.  He gets all bent out of shape just because someone disagrees with him.  Rick and John had a great show mainly for the opposite reason -- they could disagree without getting mad at each other.

2 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Randy is my least favorite on the whole station.  He gets all bent out of shape just because someone disagrees with him.  Rick and John had a great show mainly for the opposite reason -- they could disagree without getting mad at each other.

If I had a dollar for every time Kamala said “buzz kill” I would be a rich man.