lju713

If Juwuan Taylor is there at 14???

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

If Devin White falls and he’s the BPA, would u still pass? Personally, I wouldn’t mind taking him at all. 

I’d have a hard time believing he’d be the BPA with all that DL and OL talent and if so the difference would be marginal. With a marginal difference, I’d pass in favor of DL/OL. I’m just happy with our LB core right now and think Foye can become a baller. 

That said, I wouldn’t cry. Taking Greedy would make me cry. I don’t care how good he is. Front 7 just matters so much more. 

Edited by NeonDeion

2 hours ago, JJC28 said:

I still think CB in rd 1. Dl in 2 and RB in 3.

Why would you want cb in round one? Our top 3 are set there already, unless you’re planning for the release of Trufant after the season ends. 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

I’d have a hard time believing he’d be the BPA with all that DL and OL talent and if so the difference would be marginal. With a marginal difference, I’d pass in favor of DL/OL. I’m just happy with our LB core right now and think Foye can become a baller. 

That said, I wouldn’t cry. Taking Greedy would make me cry. I don’t care how good he is. Front 7 just matters so much more. 

At the same time, offenses like to have weapons and can cope with an injury. Can we cope if one of our starting CB got hurt? What if the depth got injured? What if it’s later in a game and your pass rush isn’t getting home? Yes, you need a DL arsenal, but they could keep a package on field and then T.O.s become a thing. Still need some corners who can run and play the ball when the first approach of pass rush falls off. But point on DL being priority taken.

We probably go LOS still but CB and LB are legit possibilities.

Campbell and Debo on final year on rookie deals. 

Never know how long term plans for either position and Tru’s contract “encourage” FO to find replacement for him sooner than later.

I’m expecting more of a round 3-4 corner.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

At the same time, offenses like to have weapons and can cope with an injury. Can we cope if one of our starting CB got hurt? What if the depth got injured? What if it’s later in a game and your pass rush isn’t getting home? Yes, you need a DL arsenal, but they could keep a package on field and then T.O.s become a thing. Still need some corners who can run and play the ball when the first approach of pass rush falls off. But point on DL being priority taken.

We probably go LOS still but CB and LB are legit possibilities.

Campbell and Debo on final year on rookie deals. 

Never know how long term plans for either position and Tru’s contract “encourage” FO to find replacement for him sooner than later.

I’m expecting more of a round 3-4 corner.

Wilson is solid depth at CB though. Kazee can be moved around. Rico can be moved to nickel. 

Average CBs look awesome behind monster DLs. I hate drafting CBs. We can draft Tru’s replacement 3rd-4th round this year or early rounds next year. 

Osiruz and Ergo Proxy like this

I think it has to be OT in the first round. Right now you have a journeyman tackle in competition at RT you have TY and a complete unknown in Gono.  Thats it! Ty at swing backup would be fine.

At DT you have Grady Crawford and Senat and then the gang of Zimmer, Tuioti-Mariner and Bennet. Sheer numbers game here and OT is the biggest area of need. DT is deep and will be filled in rounds 2-5.

anewton and Tim Mazetti like this

9 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

If Ford is still available as well, I'd take him. though I do understand why you like JT

If Ford is there and I was the dude responsible for turning in the card, I'd probably hurt myself trying to get to the podium as quickly as possible...

Osiruz and The O.D.B like this

Well so far the FO has done exactly what I personally wanted to see, which is go FA for some O-line, and draft for defense, which remains to be seen. 

The guys they've signed at guard seem pretty good...at least they're obvious upgrades...but if there's a really good O-lineman available at 14, it sure wouldn't hurt to grab him.  I believe the best thing this front office can do to make this team better, is protect Matt Ryan.

There seem to be enough good D-linemen in this draft so we wouldn't have to automatically jump at the earliest available one. 

I guess what I'm saying is, pick whichever is the absolute better player...as long as it's a lineman.  You just can't have enough good linemen in this game.   If there's a good tackle, but a great D-lineman...you take the D-lineman...and vice versa.

NeonDeion likes this

30 minutes ago, runshoot said:

I think it has to be OT in the first round. Right now you have a journeyman tackle in competition at RT you have TY and a complete unknown in Gono.  Thats it! Ty at swing backup would be fine.

At DT you have Grady Crawford and Senat and then the gang of Zimmer, Tuioti-Mariner and Bennet. Sheer numbers game here and OT is the biggest area of need. DT is deep and will be filled in rounds 2-5.

On paper I agree, though what we don’t know is how much Gono has progressed. RS has a similar rookie season learning then came out of nowhere to take the job. Sure would be nice if Gono could do the same, though it would be a risk to put all your faith there. Coaches like the guy though...

I like that thinking. I'd rather take a sure thing than hope we get the right guy on defense. Obviously, pass rusher is more valuable to us at this time but sometimes you have to take the best player and lock up yiur tackles for the rest of MR2s career.

He probably won't be there when we pick though.

Tim Mazetti likes this

17 hours ago, lju713 said:

Do we take him over a DE or DT?? I like him better than Ford, let alone any T in this draft.Based on the type of OL it looks like we are trying to build for this season.

Seriously, I bet I have ran 100 mock drafts at Fanspeak.  In the vast majority of them, if you don't get a tackle there, you always have to dip too deep in the pool and pick a lesser tackle earlier than you should (who may not be productive anyhow) in future rounds.  

7 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Wilson is solid depth at CB though. Kazee can be moved around. Rico can be moved to nickel. 

Average CBs look awesome behind monster DLs. I hate drafting CBs. We can draft Tru’s replacement 3rd-4th round this year or early rounds next year. 

I guess we could put off CB until next year, but the reason it's a thing is Kazee and Rico only seem to be slot players. Am I wrong? Just concerned a little bit on outside depth. Wilson re-signing helped. What happens if 1 of he or Oliver/Tru were to get hurt? That's my only point.

It's also worth considered if we were serious about Weddle in a role here as to whether we have concerns on S depth; specifically if Kazee HAS to be the slot corner in Nickel and something were to happen to Rico? FS suddenly has a problem once we are out of base D. Who plays the slot vs who plays FS?

Just highlighting need for depth still exists.

Of course, DL is way more important that these concerns right now.

As you said, mid-round corner this year. :tiphat: 

18 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

I think you’d have to take him if he’s there. I don’t see it personally, but I’d do it without question. This is a deep DT class (Saunders, Hill, Mack). 

Yep I got Saunders in my mock on the Draft and FA forum. Check it out. 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I guess we could put off CB until next year, but the reason it's a thing is Kazee and Rico only seem to be slot players. Am I wrong? Just concerned a little bit on outside depth. Wilson re-signing helped. What happens if 1 of he or Oliver/Tru were to get hurt? That's my only point.

It's also worth considered if we were serious about Weddle in a role here as to whether we have concerns on S depth; specifically if Kazee HAS to be the slot corner in Nickel and something were to happen to Rico? FS suddenly has a problem once we are out of base D. Who plays the slot vs who plays FS?

Just highlighting need for depth still exists.

Of course, DL is way more important that these concerns right now.

As you said, mid-round corner this year. :tiphat: 

Wilson is solid depth tough. If you need another, sign a cheap vet or draft late and develop. My point is even a cheap vet looks like a world beater behind a Top 5 DL

Really I’m just tired of 1-3 rounds being anything other than OL/DL. You can draft and develop RBs late, WRs late, CBs late. 

Edited by NeonDeion
Ergo Proxy and Osiruz like this

2 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Wilson is solid depth tough. If you need another, sign a cheap vet or draft late and develop. My point is even a cheap vet looks like a world beater behind a Top 5 DL

Really I’m just tired of 1-3 rounds being anything other than OL/DL. You can draft and develop RBs late, WRs late, CBs late. 

Agreed. We're on the same page.

NeonDeion likes this

On 3/13/2019 at 9:05 PM, lju713 said:

Do we take him over a DE or DT?? I like him better than Ford, let alone any T in this draft.Based on the type of OL it looks like we are trying to build for this season.

No Doubt ,, I would.. But we don't have anything to worry about,, he'll be long gone. And I don't think we'll trade up for anybody in the first,, cost to much and we will get a great player anyway.

lju713 likes this