Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
texasfalconfan

does beasley have any trade value?

27 posts in this topic

i wonder if beasley has any trade value? he is obviously not a very good leo/defensive end. he would probably do better in a 3-4  system somewhere. with that in mind if we could trade him and pick up a real defensive end it would probably worth it. the wuestion is who might want him and what could we get for him?

Not if Zach Brown couldn't be traded with an 8Mil cap number.  Beasley at 12.8 isn't going to attract suitors...

We were offered a 3rd for him last year.

Look at Dee Ford's contract and he has less sacks and drafted lower.

That would be the compensation the falcons would want. 

It's a deal if he produces this year if not he will be getting a reality check

Would love to see Beas take a 5 yr, 60Mil deal right now, lock up a good young talent for his prime years at a reasonable number, lower his hit this year, and shut these threads down for awhile...

JD dirtybird21 and B_84falcons like this

Dee Ford contract was 87 million with less production than beas has now. 

He is coming off a 14 sack year but he has never lead the league in sacks. 

I think Ford only has 25 sacks in 3 years 

Beas has 27.5

WhenFalconsWin and Falconcheff like this

2 minutes ago, metatron360 said:

Dee Ford contract was 87 million with less production than beas has now. 

He is coming off a 14 sack year but he has never lead the league in sacks. 

I think Ford only has 25 sacks in 3 years 

Beas has 27.5

How many years on Ford's deal?

2 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

How many years on Ford's deal?

I believe it is 5 years and the 9ers gave a second plus they are likely drafting bosa

Falconcheff likes this

35 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I'd cut the guy and when nobody but the Calgary Stampede calls him, bring him back in at $14.00 per hour. 

Someone would sign him for close to 10 mil per 

The only way Beasley has any value is if he has a great year and someone pays him. A compensatory 3rd next year is the most Atlanta will get for him if he doesn't sign an extension.

35 minutes ago, metatron360 said:

I believe it is 5 years and the 9ers gave a second plus they are likely drafting bosa

So you're telling me Dee Ford got 5 yrs 87 Mil (17.4 per year) and people are STILL beyotchin about Beasley getting 12.8?  Some fans get truly hung up on "Names," don't they? And they love to hate our own, while coveting/overvaluing very lateral other players...

Numbers suggest I edit my original offer...if Beas took 5 yrs, 70Mil, we'd still be getting a helluva deal for a good developing contributing player...

Just because the niners way overpaid someone who had one good year doesn't mean we should. He has zero trade value unless the team is just going off of name value and didn't watch every game Vic running by QBs.

Hmm this is tough. Beasley currently has the most value as an edge rusher that is essentially on a 2 year 31 mil deal with only 12.8 mil guaranteed and nothing after this year. That would limit his market to rebuilding teams with a lot of cap room willing to take on a lottery ticket. Of course this ideal team would also be in a position where the don’t have to franchise anyone next year. 

Falconcheff likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes that is why they picked up the option, and tagged Jarret both of these look to be deals compared to the open market now.

Soon we will have to sign Neal Jones Jarret and Beas.

On the market  every position these guys hold got huge contracts. Hopefully next year teams will be over invested and we can make some deals with these guys

Edited by metatron360
Falconcheff likes this

7 minutes ago, The Smart One said:

Hmm this is tough. Beasley currently has the most value as an edge rusher that is essentially on a 2 year 31 mil deal with only 12.8 mil guaranteed and nothing after this year. That would limit his market to rebuilding teams with a lot of cap room willing to take on a lottery ticket. Of course this ideal team would also be in a position where the don’t have to franchise anyone next year. 

2 minutes ago, metatron360 said:

Yes that is why they picked up the option, and tagged Jarret both of these look to be deals compared to the open market now.

Soon we will have to sign Neal Jones Jarret and Beas.

On the market  every position these guys hold got huge contracts. Hopefully next year teams will be over invested and we can make some deals with these guys

Soooo much understanding in these two posts; how did you make it through the AFMB freakout filter?

I don't think he has enough value on his own... meaning trading him straight up for a pick... to warrant making a trade prior to the draft.

However, I could definitely see him having value as part of a trade during the draft.

Let's say the BPA who fills a need at #14 is someone like Brian Burns, so we select him. That pretty much immediately replaces Beasley for us, making him expendable. Now let's say there is another player/position we covet who is still there in the last 1st/early 2nd, but seems unlikely to last to our 2nd round pick.

In that situation, I could totally see us shipping Beasley & a 3rd or 4th to move up into that late 1st/early 2nd range.

28 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’d give up a 5th to get rid of him

Agreed nothing more. Good day

2 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

i wonder if beasley has any trade value? he is obviously not a very good leo/defensive end. he would probably do better in a 3-4  system somewhere. with that in mind if we could trade him and pick up a real defensive end it would probably worth it. the wuestion is who might want him and what could we get for him?

We might be able to get a bottle of Coca-Cola and a bag of peanuts... No seriously probably a 5th round draft pick but more than likely a 7th rounder... The dude just doesn't have the body type for the NFL to light for DE and too heavy and slow for LB, he's probably best suited as a life timer special teams player which is sad as hail for a guy who was chosen with the 6th overall pick, well at least Aundrey Bruce is happy...

@TheDirtyWordII

Time for me to eat some humble pie on Beasley, and this is probably as good a thread as any to do it in:

You were right, and I was wrong, as to the falcons keeping Beasley at $12.8M. You were more in tune in doing your homework as to what market was willing to pay 2nd tier pass rushers. 

I also apologize for some of my inappropriate comments during our heated back and forths. Not my best moment, for sure. 

Selah.

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

@TheDirtyWordII

Time for me to eat some humble pie on Beasley, and this is probably as good a thread as any to do it in:

You were right, and I was wrong, as to the falcons keeping Beasley at $12.8M. You were more in tune in doing your homework as to what market was willing to pay 2nd tier pass rushers. 

I also apologize for some of my inappropriate comments during our heated back and forths. Not my best moment, for sure. 

Selah.

Good men can acknowledge their mistakes. Need more of this on this board. You sir, are a good man.

Selah 

Vandy and RING OF HONOR like this