Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AustFalcon

Zach Brown being released

9 posts in this topic

Absolutely want him here.  Was part of my offseason master plan last year... If the Skins are just going to release the guy, don't understand why we can't part with a seventh rounder to gain exclusive rights to him.  Don't want him signing with someone else...

Edit:  Nevermind, just checked his cap status, cap hit is 8.75 this year.  Signed 3 yr, 24Mil last year, base salary 7 with bonus.  Would probably want to do a deal for 3yrs 18Mil if we were to try for him...

6 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Absolutely want him here.  Was part of my offseason master plan last year... If the Skins are just going to release the guy, don't understand why we can't part with a seventh rounder to gain exclusive rights to him.  Don't want him signing with someone else...

I do like him. I could see giving up a 6th or 7th.

6 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Because maybe the Falcons don't want him unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

Because maybe the Falcons don't want him unfortunately. 

More likely they don't want his 8.75 cap hit under his current contract!  However, if released and free to sign another contract, I'd love to see us offer 3 yrs for 18M...

gkgrimes likes this

3 minutes ago, gkgrimes said:

I do like him. I could see giving up a 6th or 7th.

Don't know if you saw my edit, but if we traded for him we'd have to pick up his current contract, 8.75Mil hit this year.  More likely we'd like to sign a new deal for less money...

gkgrimes likes this

4 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Its the annual “falcons need zach brown” thread.. Right on time!

this is what the 4th yr in a row?

I like him, but if we're getting an older guy I want a Clay Matthews or someone to teach Beasley a thing or two.