Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

Falcons are releasing T Ryan Schraeder

146 posts in this topic

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Pre-June 1 = $3.95M
  • Post-June 1 = $6.45M

I know 3.95 mil can be used to sign a new OT, but depending on their draft plans. I would designate it a pre-june 1 cut. And save that cap for next year. Only if they think they can snag Ford or even Taylor in the 1st.

Per Vaughn McClure

Falcons have informed former starting right tackle Ryan Schraeder of his release, Schraeder's agent told ESPN. The release saves $3.95 million against the 2019 cap. Schraeder had three years and $18.8 million remaining on his deal. Schraeder lost his starting job to Ty Sambrailo, who was signed to a three-year contract extension. Falcons view Sambrailo as potential starter, but wouldn't be a surprise to see the Falcons target a tackle in the draft. Falcons set to add James Carpenter and Jamon Brown at guard to beef up the offensive line.

Doesn't seem to be a June 1st cut

JDaveG and jfalconsp like this

14 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Life comes at you fast. Just two years ago was regarded as one of the top 3 RTs in the NFL and then he fell off a cliff.

Amazing how it happens huh?

There was ver little in between...he went from being pretty **** good to a liability in the span of a calender year

egoprime II likes this

18 minutes ago, vel said:

Long time coming. Hope they can get Parnell in the building. Or...

What if they chase Daryl Williams? :ninja:

Williams is who I wanted but I think he will be too expensive 

Drew4719 likes this

8 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

I know 3.95 mil can be used to sign a new OT, but depending on their draft plans. I would designate it a pre-june 1 cut. And save that cap for next year. Only if they think they can snag Ford or even Taylor in the 1st.

I think this makes sense. Keep that cap savings for next year. 

falconsd56 likes this

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Williams is who I wanted but I think he will be too expensive 

Any other year i would say his injury could lead to a discount....and then the ninera go full idiot a gave Kwon Alexander that stupid contract...... This FA market is one of the weirdest that i have ever seen.

Tim Mazetti likes this

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Any other year i would say his injury could lead to a discount....and then the ninera go full idiot a gave Kwon Alexander that stupid contract...... This FA market is one of the weirdest that i have ever seen.

Kwon can be cut after one year with minimal cap hit.

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Dude was a great TD signing and gave his all for the Falcons.  Thanks for your contributions and nothing but the best wishes on your future endeavors 

You can't ask for much more from an undrafted free agent.  He was a diamond in the rough find.   

2 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Or late 1st

i think we will be there at our 2nd round pick...... its dicey if he gets to the 3rd.

He is a guy that needs some development but he has the tools to be i really good tackle

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

That is better for the niners then

After this year they can cut him for 10mil in cap space and only 3 mil in dead space.

12 minutes ago, atljbo said:

i think we will be there at our 2nd round pick...... its dicey if he gets to the 3rd.

He is a guy that needs some development but he has the tools to be i really good tackle

One of the descriptions of him was that he looked like a starting OT in the nfl already.  I have a feeling someone is going to get him late first or high second. I’d hes there in the second round....and if we take a defender in the first, then it’s a no brainr  

PokerSteve likes this

39 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Life comes at you fast. Just two years ago was regarded as one of the top 3 RTs in the NFL and then he fell off a cliff.

This is why when people say they're "tired of TD ignoring the OL", it irks me. Had a top budding LT, dropped cash on Mack, and found a top tier RT in Schraeder. Traded for Levitre, who was good for us. Only problem spot was RG, which he patched well with Chester and has had a tough time the two years since. But when you look at that 2016 OL, it was one of the best in the NFL and created by TD. Nobody expected Andy to tear his triceps and Schraeder to fall of a cliff and Fusco to break an ankle. Wait... yes some people did now that it's happened....

41 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I mean,  one bad season and quinn has seen enough. It'd be one thing if we had a stud behind him but Jesus christ. 

Vic is safe though.