MD-FalconFan13

Mid to Late round prospects you love

81 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I kike the thought process. Gotta have a Center, DE and CB.. I think C prior to fourth round. This center class looks ripe for the Falcons.

And gaillard was a stud at uga.

Tim Mazetti, Geneaut and g-dawg like this

45 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yes it does and Center class is unusually deep - better get one now so we don’t have to draft one in 1st round in  next year. 

Yes, center. Got to here. Second round, I hope. This the year to develop a C for Mack's departure..

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

44 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

And gaillard was a stud at uga.

Reach at three or two dammit.. Get him. Without him Holyfield would not be mentioned.

16 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I believe we would have to take him with our 3rd rounder.....Cornerback is going to be priority with Alford gone.   I could see Falcons taking a corner in 2nd or 3rd round

quick mock after signings yesterday:

1st rd) Christian Wilkins, DT-Clemson

2nd rd) Jaylon Ferguson, DE-Louisiana Tech

3rd rd) Sean Bunting, CB - Central Michigan

4th rd) Lamont Gaillard, C - Georgia

4th comp) Chuma Edoga, OT - USC

finish up the last 4 picks with TE, RB, LB and Wildcard pick

I don't know about Ferguson myself but the Falcons have shown a lot of interest in him so DQ and scouts must like him.   He does hold the sack record so there is that - albeit at mostly a lower level of comp.    Not really prioritizing the OL in that above but two guys that have high upside potential - Gaillard is closer to being ready and Edoga will take time to develop.

I would LOVE that draft

g-dawg likes this

6 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Yes, center. Got to here. Second round, I hope. This the year to develop a C for Mack's departure..

Hopefully an OG/C. Would like to have an option at gaurd. However we have nothing but Harlow behind Mack at the moment, and I really don't want him on the 53.|

Tim Mazetti likes this

probably a round 6 or 7. ran a 4.41 at 6'1" and 205.he seems to have a burst or makeup speed on slants. almost like hes daring the qb to throw it.

i saw someone in another thread ask about safety depth later in the draft. this guy looks pretty good especially as a box safety.

Geneaut likes this

19 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Hopefully an OG/C. Would like to have an option at gaurd. However we have nothing but Harlow behind Mack at the moment, and I really don't want him on the 53.|

Gage

so, heres my opinion on a thread like this.the team is going to exhaust every outlet they can to get the best players. there is someone that watches these posts for the simple fact that we all want the same thing. we are free scouts. dont think it doesnt matter. especially later in the draft.keep posting players. this is something fans can do. and maybe someday, someone says we found this guy thanks to our fans.

Prior to the combine, for the past few years I've made a thread in the Draft & Free Agency section with a list of players I'm intrigued by... then I add their combine & pro day results. It's been an interesting exercise to see how many do & don't pan out.

Here's this year's thread: K-train's 4th annual players you are curious to see at combine & pro days thread

Here are a few at each position that could/should be available in the mid-late rounds or as UDFAs:

QB
Jarrett Stidham (Auburn)

RB
Justice Hill (Oklahoma)
Ryquell Armstead (Temple)
Bryce Love (Stanford)
Jalin Moore (Appalachian St)
Tony Pollard (Memphis)

WR
Antoine Wesley (Texas Tech)
Jalen Hurd (Baylor)
Andy Isabella (UMass)
Gary Jennings (West Virginia)
Darius Slayton (Auburn)
They weren't on my list but I also like
Mecole Hardman (Georgia)
Anthony Ratliff-Williams (North Carolina)

TE 
Dawson Knox (Ole Miss)
Foster Moreau (LSU)
Josh Oliver (San Jose St)

OL
Bobby Evans (Oklahoma)
Connor McGovern (Penn St)
Nate Davis (Charlotte)
Michael Deiter (Wisconsin)
Dru Samia (Oklahoma)
Tyler Jones (NC State)
Another guy who wasn't on my list but I also like
Max Scharping (N. Illinois)

DL/EDGE
Khalen Saunders (W. Illinois)
Renell Wren (Arizona St)
Daylon Mack (Texas A&M)
Dontavius Russell (Auburn)
Carl Granderson (Wyoming)
Neville Gallimore (Oklahoma)
Not on my list but I also like
Jordan Brailford (Oklahoma St)
Maxx Crosby (E. Michigan)

LB
Germaine Pratt (NC State)
Ryan Connelly (Wisconsin)
Not on the list but I like
Davis Long (West Virginia)
Blake Cashman (Minnesota)

DB
Isaiah Johnson (Houston)
Trayvon Mullen (Clemson)
Lonnie Johnson Jr. (Kentucky)
Justin Layne (Michigan St)
Jordan Brown (South Dakota St)
Will Harris (Boston College)
Khari Willis (Michigan St)

Geneaut likes this

42 minutes ago, Romfal said:

Blake Cashman, LB Minnesota. 6'1 234 ran 4.50 40 and 6.95 3cone

I would take him in the 4th

Yeah man, he wasn't initially on my radar, but I'm starting to like this guy as a possibility in the 4th-5th.

the list isnt a ton of sleepers. but there is a ton of talent in it. how great would it be to draft hurd and have him score a game winner after alvin took his job?

3 hours ago, Romfal said:

If we take a QB I hope its Brett Rypien from Boise

Don’t get to watch much Boise state. What type of offense are they running now? He throws a great ball and has the arm to make all the throws. I wouldn’t mind him or McSorley.

Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston

Evan Worthington, S, Colorado

Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo

Ryan Bates, OL, Penn State

Iosua Opeta, OL, Weber State

Nate Davis, OL, Charlotte

4 hours ago, Abeasley27 said:

Don’t get to watch much Boise state. What type of offense are they running now? He throws a great ball and has the arm to make all the throws. I wouldn’t mind him or McSorley.

I'm not sure but he does take snaps under center. He has really good accuracy and a decent arm, not elite arm strength but good enough for a backup/ dev player

On 3/13/2019 at 1:52 PM, g-dawg said:

yeah, I'm not sold on Ferguson yet either.   I would probably take Center Eric McCoy right there or Offensive Tackle Tytus Howard.   

Howard might be possible at 3, but I think McCoy could end up late first or early 2nd.

I was all over Frank Ragnow in the 3rd last year and the Lions took him in the first. I think McCoy could be one of those guys that is drafted far higher than projected.