Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLSlobberKnockers

James.Carpenter stats 2018

16 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Sorry can't post link right  ow.

According to Jets Wire, Carpenter allowed 5 sacks, 5 qb hits, and 13 pressures in 2018. 5 of those pressures were in week 2 with a hamstring pull.

The problem with this is that was his 1st year in the zone blocking scheme and he's not built well for that.  The 2 years prior to 2018 he was in a power scheme and excelled.  Almost every jets fan i talked to so far has said the same thing than in the right scheme he is very good but last year he couldn't handle the ZBS and sucked at it.    So im hoping we are going to a power scheme again and getting away from the more finesse ZBS we have been running.   Koetter is more known for a power scheme like he ran here last time and these 2 new behemoths sorta lean toward going to a power style scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

The problem with this is that was his 1st year in the zone blocking scheme and he's not built well for that.  The 2 years prior to 2018 he was in a power scheme and excelled.  Almost every jets fan i talked to so far has said the same thing than in the right scheme he is very good but last year he couldn't handle the ZBS and sucked at it.    So im hoping we are going to a power scheme again and getting away from the more finesse ZBS we have been running.   Koetter is more known for a power scheme like he ran here last time and these 2 new behemoths sorta lean toward going to a power style scheme.

we signed two mammoth guards so I'm hoping thats a power scheme change as well

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

The problem with this is that was his 1st year in the zone blocking scheme and he's not built well for that.  The 2 years prior to 2018 he was in a power scheme and excelled.  Almost every jets fan i talked to so far has said the same thing than in the right scheme he is very good but last year he couldn't handle the ZBS and sucked at it.    So im hoping we are going to a power scheme again and getting away from the more finesse ZBS we have been running.   Koetter is more known for a power scheme like he ran here last time and these 2 new behemoths sorta lean toward going to a power style scheme.

I'll take 8 pressures over a 14 game span. That isn't a bad line at all.

mtldirtybird and Cheap Talk like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I'll take 8 pressures over a 14 game span. That isn't a bad line at all.

No it's really not but thats in his worst year and wrong scheme.  Now imagine how well he will do if you put him int he right scheme compared to something you already aren't to mad about lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Always got someone who looks at stats without understanding the player.  

**** dude all I did was post information without giving my opinion.

I understand scheme varieties. For all you know dude is my brother.

but my opinion is that it isn't a bad line. 8 pressures in his last 14 games.

ya_boi_j and SyCo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

No it's really not but thats in his worst year and wrong scheme.  Now imagine how well he will do if you put him int he right scheme compared to something you already aren't to mad about lol. 

Yeah I'm excited over it. He should play as well as Levitre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Romfal said:

we signed two mammoth guards so I'm hoping thats a power scheme change as well

I don't see.a wholesale change but I agree we will see some power man/inside zone and much less outside zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah I'm excited over it. He should play as well as Levitre.

If he does that i'll be extremely happy because i thought Levitre done great here as long as he was healthy.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
5
2 hours ago, FalconFromSpain said:

So, we are returning to the blalock-asamoah days... Not bad. At least we have a better lt and center than last time. Rt is the same, overrated clabo and overrated schraeder

Pretty clear what we're doing here from Brown's scouting report from his draft:

- Strengths: Quicker than expected out of stance and with initial steps. Can beat defender to the spot as position blocker. Play speed will be a plus inside. Straight-line mover in space with potential to be effective blocker on inside zone plays from guard spot. Has experience at both tackle spots and at guard.

BOTTOM LINE

- Intriguing tackle/guard prospect. His mass and athletic limitations are best-suited inside and his quickness off the snap could be an indicator that Brown's best football could be ahead of him. With a wider base and better body control, Brown could become a starting guard or potential tackle in power scheme.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

Pretty clear what we're doing here from Brown's scouting report from his draft:

- Strengths: Quicker than expected out of stance and with initial steps. Can beat defender to the spot as position blocker. Play speed will be a plus inside. Straight-line mover in space with potential to be effective blocker on inside zone plays from guard spot. Has experience at both tackle spots and at guard.

BOTTOM LINE

- Intriguing tackle/guard prospect. His mass and athletic limitations are best-suited inside and his quickness off the snap could be an indicator that Brown's best football could be ahead of him. With a wider base and better body control, Brown could become a starting guard or potential tackle in power scheme.

Yeah I find that thought interesting. We always hear about the outside zone scheme when DQ speaks and I swear I heard that wasn't changing. But I agree these heavier/stronger guys don't really say outside zone to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah I'm excited over it. He should play as well as Levitre.

He is a better run blocker than Levitre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, runshoot said:

Yeah I find that thought interesting. We always hear about the outside zone scheme when DQ speaks and I swear I heard that wasn't changing. But I agree these heavier/stronger guys don't really say outside zone to me.

 

You never really know what is just a smoke screen this time of year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites