Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

OBJ traded to CLE

171 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Ya never know in that bi-polar division.  Watch Washington pull it out this year...lol 

Washington can be in there but I can’t see it with the giants. They lost two dawgs and kept eli. Unless they go get another beast #1 to go with Barkley everyone will just load the box to put the game on Eli’s back. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

But in reality, that wasn’t a dream team at no point 

That team had alot of names. Very good o line, ok WRs, good running backs. VERY good secondary on paper. Nobody saw Nnamdi declining like that.

Name wise and talent wise, they should have been in the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, slider said:

Not saying they'll contend. They'll contend quicker this way though.

You think? I don’t know man. If I’m a DC I’m going in every game loading the box on Barkley forcing the game in Eli’s hands and blitzing him relentlessly. I mean in the long run they can improve yes. You get good picks finishing top 5 and having some extra cash around but it won’t be this year. By default they’ll have to improve. But as long as they have eli and no #1 wr and only a dawg RB I don’t see it. 

B_84falcons likes this

Just now, TheFatboi said:

You think? I don’t know man. If I’m a DC I’m going in every game loading the box on Barkley forcing the game in Eli’s hands and blitzing him relentlessly. 

They have the ability to improve quickly with the picks they have. They can trade #6 and #17 to get as high as #2 in this draft and pick Haskins if he's there.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Gmen got a nice haul.

Falcons could get a nice haul from the Colts too. They'd love to pair Julio with Luck and they've got 94mil cap space. Alright....I'll ease up on the trade Julio stuff but Ithink they should strike while the iron's hot.

2 minutes ago, slider said:

They have the ability to improve quickly with the picks they have. They can trade #6 and #17 to get as high as #2 in this draft and pick Haskins if he's there.

I hear you but that won’t be an immediate improvement. It’ll be building blocks. Again they still have eli. Julio didn’t come into the league and be forced to be a #1. He was transitioned into it. He had Roddy. Moss had Carter. Wayne had Harrison. Even with Julio I’d keep him and Calvin together at least another 2 years so the transition to #1 will be seamless and Calvin will have learned all he needs to BE a true #1. I don’t see it this year bro. 

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

36 minutes ago, athell said:

Lol Browns going full on Madden build a franchise mode

They trying to outdo the Rams.

Hey, at least someone MIGHT compete vs Pats to make our path easier :ninja::tiphat:

1 minute ago, slider said:

Falcons could get a nice haul from the Colts too. They'd love to pair Julio with Luck and they've got 94mil cap space. Alright....I'll ease up on the trade Julio stuff but Ithink they should strike while the iron's hot.

If we do that we might as Weill start going into rebuild mode. Calvin is good but not ready to be #1. That’s not how you stay consistent. There has to be a passing of the torch. It’s part of the reason Beasley isn’t consistent. He was thrown to the wolves. Should’ve kept freeney with him at least 2 years. 

I hear you but that won’t be an immediate improvement. It’ll be building blocks. Again they still have eli. Julio didn’t come into the league and be forced to be a #1. He was transitioned into it. He had Roddy. Moss had Carter. Wayne had Harrison. Even with Julio I’d keep him and Calvin together at least another 2 years so the transition to #1 will be seamless and Calvin will have learned all he needs to BE a true #1. I don’t see it this year bro. 

I hear ya' man. Right now it just feels like when you're loaded with debt and you have to spend so much to service your debt that the house falls apart and then the car falls apart then the wife leaves you.......the Falcons could get out of that now.

TheFatboi likes this

20 minutes ago, slider said:

I hear ya' man. Right now it just feels like when you're loaded with debt and you have to spend so much to service your debt that the house falls apart and then the car falls apart then the wife leaves you.......the Falcons could get out of that now.

Eventually I think we will but as long as we’re in win now mode I don’t think they’ll do it. Drafting well puts you in this kind of situation but I’d rather keep drafting well than spending a ton of money on other teams players. I think the feeling in the FO is still win now cause they know we have the talent to do it. We just have to get the offense and defense good at the same time. Last year defense was off with injuries. 2017 offense was off transitioning to sark. I think the mindset is with an experienced coaching staff Quinn can focus in calling the defense and not worry about the offense and the familiarity of DK and mularky the offense should keep rolling while the defense gets healthy and back top 10 form BUT with Quinn’s aggressive nature. 

37 minutes ago, stizz said:

That team had alot of names. Very good o line, ok WRs, good running backs. VERY good secondary on paper. Nobody saw Nnamdi declining like that.

Name wise and talent wise, they should have been in the playoffs. 

Not really the same. The browns are a mostly drafted team. Not a FA built team. The dream team was The Who’s who of FA’s. The first dream team was the redskins with spurrier. Different dynamic. They drafted Chubb and Baker and their TE. The core of the team is drafted. 

Not really the same. The browns are a mostly drafted team. Not a FA built team. The dream team was The Who’s who of FA’s. The first dream team was the redskins with spurrier. Different dynamic. They drafted Chubb and Baker and their TE. The core of the team is drafted. 

Sure, but their stars have been additions. OBJ, Landry, Hunt and now what looks to be Earl Thomas. 

5 minutes ago, stizz said:

Sure, but their stars have been additions. OBJ, Landry, Hunt and now what looks to be Earl Thomas. 

They picked up some guys but it wasn’t one big clump. Landry was last year but the main difference is it isn’t a bunch of personalities. Earl isn’t too outspoken. Hunt isn’t outspoken. The let their play speak. Landry isn’t even really outspoken. OBJ and Baker are their most outspoken players so I think it’ll work. Plus baker worked out with both Landry and OBJ earlier. And baker has the personality to deal with guys like Landry and OBJ. I don’t get a “dream team” feel from this situation where. I didn’t like that Philly team cause I remembered the skins team. I really just feel they got better. Plus it was a trade. Not FA signing like Philly did that year. Don’t know. We’ll see but I’m not feeling that yet. 

1 hour ago, stizz said:

Don't start this man. You'd be just as upset if we traded him and then got to the playoffs for scrubs like Marvin Hall to have the ball clank off their hands when we need them the most.

Give me Matt Ryan, a defense and a Julian Edelman type WR and I'll beat your as. Trust me bro.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

This pisses me off. I was just about to close a trade for chubb and mayfield in a dynasty league 

I drafted Mayfield last year at 1.05. Got Barkley with the 1.01.

13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Give me Matt Ryan, a defense and a Julian Edelman type WR and I'll beat your as. Trust me bro.

Edelman is one of the best postseason WRs of all time man. Those guys don't grow on trees. 

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol if you say so. Anytime you can get at least a first round pick for a player, that’s good in itself. They got a first and filled a position of need. But :shrug:

and what's the point of having OBJ if you have old *** Eli at QB? Just build the lines and get ready to draft your next QB.

A 1st, 3rd and Jabrill Peppers for OBJ is a decent deal. He may be the heart of their passing game, but what's the point of being the beating heart in a steaming pile of ****?

4 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

A monkey would be a better GM than whatever moron is running the Giants. 

All they had to do last year was...get rid of Eli.

Get a year rental Q.B after drafting Barkley and this year double down in drafts.

But theres just NO WAY you give away guy like OBJ ....it was unfortunate he had washed up Q.B throwing to him. So not entirely OBJs fault. 

4 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

and what's the point of having OBJ if you have old *** Eli at QB? Just build the lines and get ready to draft your next QB.

A 1st, 3rd and Jabrill Peppers for OBJ is a decent deal. He may be the heart of their passing game, but what's the point of being the beating heart in a steaming pile of ****?

I’m gonna guess you don’t know what you just responded to 

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

This pisses me off. I was just about to close a trade for chubb and mayfield in a dynasty league 

What were you offering ?  Just curious as I have Chubb in a dynasty league, and have already had a couple teams ask about Chubb.

9 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

No doubt. I now like the browns again lol. Never ever thought I’d say that. I liked them as a kid when they had Kevin Mack. That’s where I got my number 43 from. 

Browns been my 2nd team forever