Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atlfalcons08

New Updates On Falcons Free Agency

17 posts in this topic

#Falcons Notes. Looking at Defensive Line Help. I’d say front runner for underrated edge rusher Benson Mayowa. High on last Yrs 3rd Rd Pick Senat, but 100% in on Defensive Tackles... Malcom Brown, Timmy Jernigan, Allen Bailey. Will also add veteran Corner when market heats up.

Yep that’s where I would look gotta find that other guy inside to defend the run.So we don’t use up all of Jarretts petrol early.

IDK how legit this guy is but i like Benson Mayowa ... I know he was solid vs the run and *** a pass rusher....

15 minutes ago, atljbo said:

IDK how legit this guy is but i like Benson Mayowa ... I know he was solid vs the run and *** a pass rusher....

Mid tier DL FAs are our thing so I would't be surprised if those rumors are true. No need to splurge with all these players getting two or three times as much as usual.

We'll see if rumors are actually legit though.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Mayowa did begin his career in SEA when DQ was there. :shrug:

If we landed a couple guys in that list, we could free up options on draft day SLIGHTLY. Still heavily OL and a stud DL prospect minimum as these guys are probably rentals/easy out contracts if in fact multiple years.

Got 2 OL after this comes out...wonder if we're done with FA yet? These could be relatively cheap 1st year cap hits.

We know GJ and JJ are gonna bring down their 2019 cap hits at some point...possibly after the draft on each.

RS still a sure cut in some fashion if he isn't starting at his current contract.

Always wanted Mayowa on the team. Went to middle school and high school with the guy out in Inglewood. Works hard and plays hard.

I remember him making the Seahawks final roster as an undrafted free agent the year they went on to win the Superbowl.

I would definitely like Jernigan but in our defense will he be a base end,play inside or both. Which primarily though? 

Don’t be surprised to see Bruce Irvin getting resigned as well. He is definitely worth the investment. I think the Falcons have to be restructuring some more contracts ( we know of Julio). 

22 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

I would definitely like Jernigan but in our defense will he be a base end,play inside or both. Which primarily though? 

Eh, probably 3T depth if we got him. Crawford is on his final year after all.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Eh, probably 3T depth if we got him. Crawford is on his final year after all.

Same thing I was thinking but I think Crawford may be retained if they get Debo and Neal deals done now.

Malcolm Brown, DT - Patriots is intriguing to me.

6'2", 320lbs

very stout against the run.   makes a lot of tackles for a defensive tackle - stats are almost identical from year to year - 50 tackles and 3 sacks/ yr.

25yrs old and was a 1st round draft pick out of Texas.   Brings that size we are lacking.

Image result for malcolm brown patriots

27 minutes ago, stingbee said:

Don’t be surprised to see Bruce Irvin getting resigned as well. He is definitely worth the investment. I think the Falcons have to be restructuring some more contracts ( we know of Julio). 

Would rather Irvin over the other edge guys mentioned.