Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

CBs flying up draft boards

10 posts in this topic

I'm a big Thornhill fan and think he'd be perfect at #45. Get a disruptive DL guy like Oliver at #14 to make QBs rush through their progressions and pair it with a ballhawking guy to replace Poole and we're good to go. 

Another guy I'm look at heavy is Nasir Adderley. I think he is the ideal DB they are looking for. He's 6'0 200lbs and a pure ballhawk from Delaware. He's got some of the best single high tape out there, but is a physical player who can play in the nickel easily and loves to hit and take the ball away. They've already met with him at the Combine as well. 

8 hours ago, vel said:

I'm a big Thornhill fan and think he'd be perfect at #45. Get a disruptive DL guy like Oliver at #14 to make QBs rush through their progressions and pair it with a ballhawking guy to replace Poole and we're good to go. 

Another guy I'm look at heavy is Nasir Adderley. I think he is the ideal DB they are looking for. He's 6'0 200lbs and a pure ballhawk from Delaware. He's got some of the best single high tape out there, but is a physical player who can play in the nickel easily and loves to hit and take the ball away. They've already met with him at the Combine as well. 

What was his 40? I watched him alot during the senior bowl practices

On 3/20/2019 at 1:27 PM, vel said:

I love both players as well.  I’d prioritize boundary corner over safety or nickel since Kazee will play the slot and also safety in our 3 safety looks.  I’d take Adderley out if I had to choose

kiwifalcon likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I love both players as well.  I’d prioritize boundary corner over safety or nickel since Kazee will play the slot and also safety in our 3 safety looks.  I’d take Adderley out if I had to choose

I'd prioritize boundary corners too if they didn't suck lol

Right now, we lost one boundary corner and one nickel corner. We replaced the boundary corner, but I'm not convinced we've fully replaced the nickel. As much as I love Kazee, I don't know if they intend to play him at nickel full time or have a platoon with him and Rico. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, vel said:

I'd prioritize boundary corners too if they didn't suck lol

Right now, we lost one boundary corner and one nickel corner. We replaced the boundary corner, but I'm not convinced we've fully replaced the nickel. As much as I love Kazee, I don't know if they intend to play him at nickel full time or have a platoon with him and Rico. 

Take it for what it’s worth, but Quinn said Kazee was our nickel this year.  Regardless, we need to add to our secondary.  At least 2 draft picks IMO.  Who do you like at SS coming out?

9 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Take it for what it’s worth, but Quinn said Kazee was our nickel this year.  Regardless, we need to add to our secondary.  At least 2 draft picks IMO.  Who do you like at SS coming out?

He said something more in line with "for now" than he's the locked in nickel if I recall. That's the only reason why I think they look to add a nickel with top three CB ability on the team, even if he's the fourth out the gate. 

At SS, I like Gardner Johnson, Amani Hooker, Taylor Rapp, Johnathan Abram, Marquis Blair, and Darnell Savage. I think all of those guys are better than Jordan Richards today. But I'd almost be fine with them just sticking with Neasman. Don't understand why they keep trying to replace him. Wasted draft capital on Richards and had to get Neasman back to replace him anyway. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, vel said:

He said something more in line with "for now" than he's the locked in nickel if I recall. That's the only reason why I think they look to add a nickel with top three CB ability on the team, even if he's the fourth out the gate. 

At SS, I like Gardner Johnson, Amani Hooker, Taylor Rapp, Johnathan Abram, Marquis Blair, and Darnell Savage. I think all of those guys are better than Jordan Richards today. But I'd almost be fine with them just sticking with Neasman. Don't understand why they keep trying to replace him. Wasted draft capital on Richards and had to get Neasman back to replace him anyway. 

Why did I think Savage was a FS who could also play in the slot?  He isn’t a box safety, is he?

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Why did I think Savage was a FS who could also play in the slot?  He isn’t a box safety, is he?

His game is best highlighted in the box. That's where his reaction time and his hitting really show up. The further away from the ball he gets, the more space he's having to work in and I think that takes away some of what makes him good. Just my opinion.