Lowndesfalc

Falcons create 7 mil in cap.

165 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, Peyton said:

I've never criticized Matt Ryan for that, but I'm also not going to give him credit for taking almost his entire yearly salary up front 6 months before the season starts.  Can't do it. 

And this is not an example of "what Brady does".  Brady takes less than he deserves, point blank.  Maybe their is something going on under the table, maybe he doesn't care because he has a wealthy wife, or maybe he just cares about winning more than the other QBs.  But the money he is compensated for out of the Patriots payroll is far less than he deserves.

During the timespan of Matt Ryan's career, he has out earned Tom Brady by 24 million dollars.  Tom Brady has been to the playoffs 10 years in a row, been to 5 Super Bowls, and won 3 of them during that time.  Tom Brady has never even earned more than 20 million cash in a single season in his entire career. Matt Ryan made 29.5 million cash last year.

So no.......I can respect Matt Ryan getting what the market says, but he hasn't ever done what Tom Brady does.

Brady's  company has a deal that pays him  outside of the nfl salary cap

13 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah.... anyone with even a remote understanding of how things work... that is pretty obvious.

However we have chuckle heads who do not even have that yet think that they are smarter than they are.

Very true...

And BTW

Brady is no saint when it comes to  being paid.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/tom-brady-patriots-dynasty-economically-article-1.3796984

"The $30 million Brady was supposed to make in salary was transferred to a $30 million signing bonus that was then prorated over ensuing seasons. Brady's salaries for 2013 and 2014 then became $1 and $2 million, respectively, a total of an extra $3 million for Brady as compared to the previous contract. "

It's been pretty well known for a while that the Patriots circumvent the cap by funneling money through a sports therapy company owned by Brady.

This notion that Brady plays for a massive discount to enable the Patriots to fill out a better roster is naive 

This article dates back to 2015.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-patriots-pay-a-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner/

There was another article about in 2018 by The Boston Globe.

Geneaut likes this

26 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Brady's  company has a deal that pays him  outside of the nfl salary cap

Ryan makes money from Gatorade etc that’s outside the salary cap.  If you’re suggesting Kraft pays him under the table you’ve lost your mind.  That’s a terminal offense

Atl Falcon likes this

18 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

And BTW

Brady is no saint when it comes to  being paid.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/tom-brady-patriots-dynasty-economically-article-1.3796984

"The $30 million Brady was supposed to make in salary was transferred to a $30 million signing bonus that was then prorated over ensuing seasons. Brady's salaries for 2013 and 2014 then became $1 and $2 million, respectively, a total of an extra $3 million for Brady as compared to the previous contract. "

That’s all Ryan is doing this year.  What’s the issue?  That money gets prorated over the remaining years of the contract even though it’s paid immediately

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Ryan makes money from Gatorade etc that’s outside the salary cap.  If you’re suggesting Kraft pays him under the table you’ve lost your mind.  That’s a terminal offense

LOL so you think a guy who recently got popped for paying for sex at a place being cased by the FBI is above cheating the NFL salary cap?

Bruh.....:lol:

51 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Your response narrowed considerable from your original statement. You implied you need not spend money at any of WR, TE, RB.

If you so desire....

Playoff team TEs

BAL: Andrews/Hurst

LAC: 36 year old A. Gates

IND: Eric Ebron

HOU: Jordan Thomas

SEA: Vannett/Dickson

DAL: Blake Jarwin

PHI: Ertz

CHI:Trey Burton

LAR: Everett

NO: 38 year old Ben Watson

KC: Kelce

NE: Gronkowski

I wont go into details on the WRs, but I will say this on the matter....

Out of all the WRs/TEs that were on playoff teams and in the Top 50 in receiving yards...only three (3) were 1st rounders...Cooper, Ebron, and Cooks....not exactly world beaters...

But your draft capital in QB, OL, DL, LB, DB

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

13 minutes ago, Malachore said:

LOL so you think a guy who recently got popped for paying for sex at a place being cased by the FBI is above cheating the NFL salary cap?

Bruh.....:lol:

I do...violate that rule and the other owners lynch you.  I suspect it’s never been violated by any owner

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Ryan does not own  a company that gets paid by The Falcons and Gatorade .

Brady does.

Geneaut and Malachore like this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I do...violate that rule and the other owners lynch you.  I suspect it’s never been violated by any owner

The other owners do not care at all.

The Patriots are not the only ones who have done shady things.

Like the Niners blatantly  broke salary cap rules the first few years that it was implemented.... all that happened was  they lost a few draft picks

The Patriots literally taped opposing teams practices ......Yet  Kraft is still the owner a decade + later

Malachore likes this