Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMT11

We thought Kwon was overpaid.

36 posts in this topic

Cj Mosley just got 17.5 per from the jets, just after Kwon got 14.5 per. 

Well, lol, I guess we can pencil in Deion for close to 20.  That is insane, although I still would rather keep him over Grady.  Something got to give with tjid years new money going out.

3 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Of course look at the teams who over paid the jets and the niners.

There will always be a team that can and will overpay tho. 

Thank the rule that says teams must spend a huge chunk of their cap space yearly. This is ridiculous but it is what it is. Would you rather have a healthy Debo or a healthy Grady. Remember one is part of a rotation and doesn’t have a huge impact on the pass rush while the other helps in the passing game with coverage and in the run game 

If I was TD I'd offer Jones a 7-year 100 million dollar extension right now. He'd be the first hundred million dollar linebacker but they'd actually be paying him less than 13 mil per for the next 18 years.

He might not take it, but if they gave him 40 million dollars upfront I bet he would.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Why should he?

He shouldn't!!! That's him saying "no"

I guess my gif didn't do its job. My bad

(I tried to fix it)

Edited by Since1990
ya_boi_j likes this

Like S Smith said, football is just a tv show now and these guys are actors. They want to be paid, most don't care if they win or lose 

When Luke Kuechly signed his then record 5-year $62M contract in 2015, the salary cap was $143M. Now it's $188M. 

12 minutes ago, Since1990 said:

He shouldn't!!! That's him saying "no"

I guess my gif didn't do its job. My bad

(I tried to fix it)

Using my phone with 1 bar in the area I work. Gif's are pointless until I get on my computer lol

18 minutes ago, KCartledge85 said:

Our Cap situation keeps getting worse and worse.

Deion is a player this defense cannot lose. The guy forces turnovers and we don’t have many of those.

Said the Pats about Flowers and probably many others...

Team over player, all day...

Let someone else pay $18m/yr for a LB....

If this team is gonna sustain any success, we have to stop giving players extensions and utilize the comp pick strategy of letting guys walk and replacing them through players on cheaper deals in trades and continue to turn over the roster in the draft...Also pick up cut players....we can’t afford to be the team doling out massive extensions then cutting guys bc they won’t count in comp formula....

Draft Capital is gold now...

22 minutes ago, Peyton said:

If I was TD I'd offer Jones a 7-year 100 million dollar extension right now. He'd be the first hundred million dollar linebacker but they'd actually be paying him less than 13 mil per for the next 18 years.

He might not take it, but if they gave him 40 million dollars upfront I bet he would.

Lol No , that is all

It really is getting out of hand.

I am team first all the way, but you can bet that the owners understand that paying customers want to have favourite players that stay at the team for longer than their rookie contract.

38 minutes ago, caponine said:

Lol No , that is all

Yeah...he probably wouldn't take it now, but he would have last week lol.  The Falcon have fallen into the trap of letting other teams set the market in the last few years.  This isn't the first time it's burned them but this one is going to sting the most.

They are probably going to have to back up the Brinks truck for Dein Jones because they know if they don't, next year the New Orleans Saints will.

24 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Yeah...he probably wouldn't take it now, but he would have last week lol.  The Falcon have fallen into the trap of letting other teams set the market in the last few years.  This isn't the first time it's burned them but this one is going to swing the most.

They are probably going to have to back up the Brinks truck for Dein Jones because they know if they don't, next year the New Orleans Saints will.

His contract will be very green. I could see 90 mil tbh