Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeonDeion

12.8M for Beasley Makes Sense If...

20 posts in this topic

You are planning to let him walk next year. 

Reasons: 

1) rescind tag now then you get nothing AND you need to find and pay for his replacement. Draft pick is unknown and not development. Open market DE at least 10M per. 

2) Draft VB replacement and you still need VB this year while player develops and then VB walks. 

3) VB sucks this year no big deal. He walks for low comp pick

4) VB balls out, he walks for high comp pick 

So, if you are planning to let him walk next year but still need a DE for this year (100% we do), then even if it is an overpay, keeping him on option is the ONLY move that makes sense. 

Edited by NeonDeion
Geneaut, Jpg428gggg and hotlanta like this

4 hours ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

He does a lot more things than just gets sacks.  After reading these forums for so long, and posting so little, I'm convinced that the people that post the most, know the least about football.

What does he do consistently that’s positive? Be honest 

Seeing these free agent deals, the 13 million for Beasley makes sense in any scenario. I have little doubt he would’ve got 15 million on the open market.

Quinn made it pretty obvious that he thinks Vic has the talent but something is not quite there with either effort or technique. Anything other than a stellar season and I do believe they let him walk after this year.

Just now, RYNE said:

Miss tackles... oh you said positive 

I’m expecting a long winded response about pressures and almost getting there and being held, etc. those are the typical responses from those who support him

you were spot on though. 

ZoneOne01 and MD-FalconFan13 like this

38 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’m expecting a long winded response about pressures and almost getting there and being held, etc. those are the typical responses from those who support him

you were spot on though. 

Yeah, it's sad how much people use verbal jui jitsu to try and justify Beasley's clear short comings. Jack Crawford out produced him for goodness sake. At this point there really is no value to keeping Vic. There are quite a few pass rushers that we can go after in the draft and FAgency. There's no guarantee that there will be viable upgrades to Vic next year like there are this year. We could have gotten Trey Flower for the same price we're paying for Vic and Schaeder. That's significant value added. Then follow that up with either Oliver or Wilkins in the draft and you've transformed your D-Line into a strength. 

O-Line could have been addressed in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and we'd be a lot better team for it. 

mqg96 and ya_boi_j like this

5 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

You are planning to let him walk next year. 

Reasons: 

1) rescind tag now then you get nothing AND you need to find and pay for his replacement. Draft pick is unknown and not development. Open market DE at least 10M per. 

2) Draft VB replacement and you still need VB this year while player develops and then VB walks. 

3) VB sucks this year no big deal. He walks for low comp pick

4) VB balls out, he walks for high comp pick 

So, if you are planning to let him walk next year but still need a DE for this year (100% we do), then even if it is an overpay, keeping him on option is the ONLY move that makes sense. 

If VB44 reverts to form we will get a low comp pick if and I said IF DQ lets him walk...

If VB44 balls out and has 10 or more sacks DQ will give him a 100 million contract with 60 million guaranteed...

The Falcons are in a no win position, best option is to send VB44 and DQ out the door at the same time preferably before the start of this season, Kutter could do just as well as DQ as HC in fact a heckva lot better offensively and with time management.

2 hours ago, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

If VB44 reverts to form we will get a low comp pick if and I said IF DQ lets him walk...

If VB44 balls out and has 10 or more sacks DQ will give him a 100 million contract with 60 million guaranteed...

The Falcons are in a no win position, best option is to send VB44 and DQ out the door at the same time preferably before the start of this season, Kutter could do just as well as DQ as HC in fact a heckva lot better offensively and with time management.

How do you know he will get 100 mil offer?

Geneaut likes this

7 hours ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

He does a lot more things than just gets sacks.  After reading these forums for so long, and posting so little, I'm convinced that the people that post the most, know the least about football.

Sounds about right lol

7 hours ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

Yeah he makes a decent spy...

DD: Objective Elite likes this

Look we all know 12.8M is a lot of money for a guy who has frankly not lived up to his draft position or that salary, but the OP has some good points. If he plays at an NFL average at least then somebody may be willing to overpay next season for him banking on a 2016 output from him and we'll get some compensation. It's basically hedging a bet. Hopefully we'll draft a young and hungry DE this draft who can take some time to come up to speed behind VB ( or if we are crazy lucky actually push him for playing time ), and VB acts as a bridge.

So while I'm not a VB fan per se I am hoping that he provides some level of production for us this year while we groom his replacement. The FO is playing the best hand they have with this, and while that 12.8M would be nice to have in FA they are already creating cap relief in other ways ( Ryan restructure ).

Edited by Geneaut
NeonDeion likes this

43 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

How do you know he will get 100 mil offer?

How do you know he won't?

42 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Yeah he makes a decent spy...

Don't forget the BEND he can almost touch the ground with his helmet when the TE is blocking him outta the play.

12.8 may not be strictly what he is worth, but just like the OP mentioned this move is actually probably our best alternative. We are giving up a draft pick if we let him walk and whatever comparable replacement we could bring in wouldn't free up more than say 3 to 4 million in cap relief this season. So basically you have to weigh what is more valuable: a draft pick or 3-4 million in cap space this offseason. Looking ahead the choice is easy.

Edited by Dr Long Shot
NeonDeion likes this

13 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

you were spot on though. 

Lol that’s true

heres the thing... Fans have claimed that about players for ever. “They get pressure, they get thing” The problem is we have no god dam finishers. Zero. Haven’t since JA55. Its time to get some finishers. Stop being happy with “well he got close” F-That 

mqg96 and ya_boi_j like this

58 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Lol that’s true

heres the thing... Fans have claimed that about players for ever. “They get pressure, they get thing” The problem is we have no god dam finishers. Zero. Haven’t since JA55. Its time to get some finishers. Stop being happy with “well he got close” F-That 

This what I have in bold is in a nutshell the biggest problem with Atlanta/Georgia sports when it comes to the mentality. It's always "we're almost there", "we were sooo close!", "there's always next year", I guarantee you it's the same way with the Georgia Bulldogs fanbase too, yet we're going on 40 years without a title.