Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcons Fan MVP

will the Falcons make any aggressive offseason free agency moves?

18 posts in this topic

Do you think the Falcons will make any aggressive moves in Free agency this off season? Or even a trade up in the draft? This team is usually seems to sit on it's hands while other teams get better by making moves. We need some good exexperience defense players and linemen on both sides of the ball. So will they be aggressive? And should they be aggressive? 

Also take into consideration that they may feel after draft and FA, teams will be cutting players and once june 1 hits, any new signings won't count towards comp picks, and we may just end up with bargains later in the offseason.  Draft and FA can change things for other teams and one man's trash can be another man's treasure.  I.E. Levitre.  We have a few months before the season starts and just because we may not be signing top FAs like other teams...we don't really need too many more superstars.  We have to pay our own and we have limited cap space at this point in time anyways

PokerSteve likes this

Probably not but there’s no admission fee to log in & enjoy the childish reactions to each & every move or non move.  They’ll do what they do & the fans will react each in their own way.  I prefer waiting it out until it’s complete, then reassessing afterwards as to what the overall picture looks like.  I may or may not like what I see in the early stages so we’ll see how goes.

kiwifalcon likes this

We can have an aggressive draft. I wan to target 3 or 4 starter quality players. Do whatever it takes to end up with our guys. 

Trade back if he is slipping. Trade up if he fits need and is value at the spot. 

We cant be big players in FA so lets play chess with this draft. 

PokerSteve likes this

9 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

If you don’t hear anything on Justin Houston the next two days, might be held close to the vest like the Alex Mack deal...

We don’t have the cap space do we??? Cut Bs and maybe

Aggressive, nope. But we can still get some help by being smart, thorough and productive. Like stated after the Draft and  June 1st cuts there will be some opportunities. We have to have a GREAT DRAFT, we can't make emotional decisions we need some guys who are ready to play. We can't take anything for granted, we can't get overconfident. We have to build our best 53 not 22. If TD and DQ can pull this off they will deserve honors.

It's crazy. The one year we needed obvious upgrades, we went out and signed people who helped us get to the Super Bowl.

Been sitting on our hands ever since while obvious cuts in Beasley and Bosher eat up millions in hampering us from getting upgrades.

No, we have no cap space and TD is never very into trades fo Free agents. We are going to ride with our draft class and maybe even cut a few more starters cause of our bad cap siaiion. On paper we will have a worse roster in 2019 then we had in 2018.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm insulting the op..or anyone else that would entertain the idea that we'd have a crazy free agency run.. 

But how can anyone follow this team and not know the procedure by now?  It's so consistent that i didn't even know free agency was happening until a few minutes ago. I usually don't wake up till the draft cause ain't nothing going to happen worth Givin a dern