Romfal

Walterfootballs 6 Round Mock - March 8th

35 posts in this topic

This mock really stood out to me as I was trying to catch up on post combine stuff.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019.php

Round 1 - Pick 14

Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson 6'3 315lbs

christian-wilkins-and-j-d-davis.jpg?w=10

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/christian-wilkins?id=32195749-4c08-1088-ad8a-aada01ec7ce9

Round 2 - Pick 45

Elgton Jenkins, OG/C, Mississippi State 6'4 310lbs

USATSI_11408233-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/elgton-jenkins?id=32194a45-4e11-7507-3601-9c3adcefa1c1

Round 3 - Pick 79

Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech 6'5 259lbs

usa_today_11891836.0.jpg

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaylon-ferguson?id=32194645-5216-8492-efe9-dfa1a1176b99

Round 4 - Pick 117

Anthony Nelson, DE/DT, Iowa 6'7 271lbs

2932.jpg

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/anthony-nelson?id=32194e45-4c11-5040-c7a6-234521681d54

Round 4 - Pick 137

Oli Udoh, OT/G, Elon 6'5 323lbs

Oli.jpg

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/oli-udoh?id=32195544-4f48-9451-1839-5671f0b17981

Round 5 - Pick 152

Mark Fields, CB, Clemson 5'10 192lbs (4.37 40)

usa_today_11959110.0.jpg

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mark-fields?id=32194649-4532-9372-75e2-f32e260fab97

Round 5 - Pick 172

Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas 6'5 280lbs (36 inch arms)

omenihu_charles_ou_p1805.jpg

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/charles-omenihu?id=32194f4d-4556-5785-8e80-6ad02cc085e2

Round 6 - Pick 186

Elijah Holyfield, RB, Georgia 5'10 217lbs

Elijah-Holyfield-by-Bob-AndresAJC-091618

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/elijah-holyfield?id=3219484f-4c79-9542-5012-235f6662a469

I know theres a low low chance Ferguson falls to the 3rd but I would be extatic with this draft and the extra beef on both lines. 

I would absolutely love this draft. That being said, this won’t happen. Don’t get your hopes up

14 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Holyfield in the 6th...I suspect his Pro Day changes the narrative.  Love the draft though.  Elkins is a complete needs fit for us and Nelson is strong as an ox and sets the edge.  Great vs the run....Very underrated.

He’ll probably make it to the 6th because I said 4th

papachaz and FalconsIn2012 like this

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

He’ll probably make it to the 6th because I said 4th

If you were selected as “Fan Gets To Announce 7th Round Pick” and Holyfield was still available, would you ignore the card TD gave you and simply call out Holyfield’s name

Good to Great.

Some immediate LOS help inside, some others to develop and a couple depth players/first year role guys outside LOS. Would be insane to get potential like Fields and Holyfield that low.

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If you were selected as “Fan Gets To Announce 7th Round Pick” and Holyfield was still available, would you ignore the card TD gave you and simply call out Holyfield’s name

I’d be very tempted. I would take him in the 4th if he’s still there

FalconsIn2012 likes this

This would be an insanely good draft. 

Therefore it would never happen. 

Even if all of these players were available to us where noted here, TD would not make these choices.

putnam6 likes this

Love it. Looks a lot like the mock I'm workin on. Same top two picks. Got Oli too. Not sure Furgeson and Omenihu will drop that far but I like both of them. Won't be shocked if someone takes Wilkins before our first pick.

Opinions on Jenkins vs McCoy?

I’ve seen some mocks have these guys both going ahead of our 2nd but if they drop to us, it’ll make the player we get at 14 that much sweeter knowing we got a good OL prospect later without sacrificing a reach/passing a better overall talent in round 1.

There are safer drafts in terms of securing an OL in round 1, but this is the best of both worlds while taking safe picks that should plug in play. We gonna get a player at 14 so I’m really more interested in what that winds up doing to our targets in round 2.

Charles Omenihu won’t be there in 4th rd and maybe not 3rd either - Walter has us taking him in 6th.

Ferguson won’t make it either.  Would love it but not realistic.

FA91 and Smiler11 like this

Yeah this mock has loads of problems. Wilkins would be fine, I ain’t mad at that(depending on who’s available), I don’t hate Jenkins, but it’s not like I really want him either. Please god no not Ferguson, especially with our 3rd round pick. Nelson is actually realistic and plausible. No idea who the heck the Udoh guy is. Fields is interesting but don’t know exactly where his placement is. Yeah the kid from Texas is like a 3rd rounder, he ain’t dropping that far. And Holyfield would be even worse than Ferguson. Considering we likely aren’t doing anything in FA, a draft like this would probably kill a lot of the hope I have going into 2019 and beyond. 

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I’ve seen some mocks have these guys both going ahead of our 2nd but if they drop to us, it’ll make the player we get at 14 that much sweeter knowing we got a good OL prospect later without sacrificing a reach/passing a better overall talent in round 1.

There are safer drafts in terms of securing an OL in round 1, but this is the best of both worlds while taking safe picks that should plug in play. We gonna get a player at 14 so I’m really more interested in what that winds up doing to our targets in round 2.

I feel pretty good about one of Risner, Lindstrom, Jenkins, McCoy being there at 45

FalconsIn2012 likes this

SOLD Wrap that bish up and deliver it to us on draft day.  This is an A+ draft to me for the Falcons and a **** of a job by Walter for the 1st time in a long long time by them.

24 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yeah this mock has loads of problems. Wilkins would be fine, I ain’t mad at that(depending on who’s available), I don’t hate Jenkins, but it’s not like I really want him either. Please god no not Ferguson, especially with our 3rd round pick. Nelson is actually realistic and plausible. No idea who the heck the Udoh guy is. Fields is interesting but don’t know exactly where his placement is. Yeah the kid from Texas is like a 3rd rounder, he ain’t dropping that far. And Holyfield would be even worse than Ferguson. Considering we likely aren’t doing anything in FA, a draft like this would probably kill a lot of the hope I have going into 2019 and beyond. 

why would you not want us to draft the NCAA career sack record holder?

2 minutes ago, Romfal said:

Im not sure why he wouldn't but theirs almost no way he could make a better mock than this without having tons of good players dropping to us that probably won' be there at our pick anyways lol.  The 1 pick that was the most unrealistic to me in this draft is Charles that late in like the 6th.  But i always try to give every mock 1 unrealistic falling player because it can actually happen on draft day.  But if you do it with every player then i'll trash on the mock because it's to unrealistic.

11 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im not sure why he wouldn't but theirs almost no way he could make a better mock than this without having tons of good players dropping to us that probably won' be there at our pick anyways lol.  The 1 pick that was the most unrealistic to me in this draft is Charles that late in like the 6th.  But i always try to give every mock 1 unrealistic falling player because it can actually happen on draft day.  But if you do it with every player then i'll trash on the mock because it's to unrealistic.

players drop all the time, runs happen in different rounds for different positions. We got Grady in the 5th when everyone thought he was a early 3rd guy

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Both very physical players but there down falls are there lack of lateral movement from what I’ve seen.Heavy footed.

Bonus is I think they’d be good at G inside zone there people movers.Outside Zone runs I’d have to have another look at.

I think I’d lean slightly towards McCoy I think he is more mobile than Jenkins.

Ergo Proxy likes this

43 minutes ago, Romfal said:

He’s nothing special, outside of the first round prospects, with some possibly dropping to the second round, I don’t like much of the edge guys. Ferguson can do some things as a pass rusher, but he’s a complete joke as a run defender. He’s a situational guy at best right now. Third round is high for that to me. Fourth round, maybe, but I see him more of a fifth round guy with his skill set. 

Edit: 

I also acknowledge the fact that it seems Ferguson is a love/hate prospect. And apparently I’m just one of those that don’t love him, while basically everyone else on here seems to love him. 

37 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Except I’ve actually tried doing all 32 team mocks and there is still much better talent than Ferguson at our pick. 

33 minutes ago, Romfal said:

players drop all the time, runs happen in different rounds for different positions. We got Grady in the 5th when everyone thought he was a early 3rd guy

Yup thats why i give 1 good player falling a chance because they can happen.  But if every pick does it thats just hard to believe.  Like say a draft like this

1st - Quinnen Williams
2nd - Cody Ford
3rd - Dalton Risner
4a - Khalen Saunders
4b. Jaylon Ferguson
5a - Michael Jackson
5B. Bennie Snell
6.  Ben Burr-Kirven
7.   Isacc Ngata

As awesome as that draft would be for us in general it's highly unrealistic for the most part