ike barn87987

J.R. Sweezy

58 posts in this topic

Didn't Seattle have the best running attack in the league last year? I'd be curious to see how he contributed to it or did they do it in spite of having him.

15 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

https://theathletic.com/855727/2019/03/07/while-falcons-need-offensive-linemen-identifying-rookie-prospects-has-become-difficult/

The Falcons need immediate help up front while simultaneously trying to figure out what to do at the position for the future. With the salary cap situation the way it is, Atlanta probably only can afford to snag a budget-bin lineman in free agency. Kevin Pamphile (Tampa Bay) and J.R. Sweezy (Seattle) are names that come to mind, especially since they previously have worked with Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter.

If the Falcons go this route, there is still a good chance that they take an offensive lineman at some point in the draft. It could even still be as early as the first round at the 14th overall pick. Alabama’s Jonah Williams and Oklahoma’s Cody Ford are potential options, although the Falcons would need a little luck for either to fall all the way to 14. Boston College’s Chris Lindstrom and Alabama State’s Tytus Howard are intriguing names to monitor on the second day of the draft.

For the Falcons, improving the offensive line to achieve better balance is paramount to being a better team in 2019. Since the past season ended, Quinn and Dimitroff both have mentioned how important improving this position group will be this offseason.

“We have a whole bunch of other areas within the offensive line that we know there needs to be serious competition, and we will see who rises to the challenge,” Dimitroff said. “We think we can do that not only through free agency, if we’re mindful and creative with it, but also in the draft. That doesn’t necessarily mean the first pick; that could be the fourth or fifth pick, as long as we continue to be focused on what we’re looking for from those players. I think you can develop players in the mid rounds. We just have to be more and more focused on those guys and worked their challenged areas so they can develop.

idk how to quote from a different post and put it in here but there was a good article posted about this a few days ago by Goober Pyle that got buried by Antonio Brown talk, but i wouldn't be surprised if they continue to patch up holes on the o-line rather than address it heavy in the draft. be prepared for yet another draft where o-line is ignored until the mid-late rounds. this would be a huge mistake imo. 

idk what makes TD think he can find contributing NFL o-lineman to develop in the middle rounds, he has yet to do it in his career...

36 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

Didn't Seattle have the best running attack in the league last year? I'd be curious to see how he contributed to it or did they do it in spite of having him.

They weren't necessarily the best rushing attack... 5 teams had a better YPC average & 11 teams had more rushing TDs.

The Seahawks just had the most rushing yards because they ran the ball more than everyone except the Ravens. Seattle was also dead last in passing attempts & passing attempts per game. They literally just ran it nearly all the time, which is why their total rushing yards was the highest in the league... and it's really got little to do with blocking.

TNFalcon1 likes this

36 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

now we only sign seattle cast offs

Just not the really good ones that most of us want lol.

1 hour ago, k-train said:

They weren't necessarily the best rushing attack... 5 teams had a better YPC average & 11 teams had more rushing TDs.

The Seahawks just had the most rushing yards because they ran the ball more than everyone except the Ravens. Seattle was also dead last in passing attempts & passing attempts per game. They literally just ran it nearly all the time, which is why their total rushing yards was the highest in the league... and it's really got little to do with blocking.

Good points. The only stat I saw was total yards.

6 hours ago, UniteandConquer said:

If you want to blame anyone blame Grady for demanding Donald money and putting us in cap trouble this season. Beasley needs to restructure. I love how everyone trashes Ryan and demands him to change his contract when he hasnt been the issue. Blame the front office for not doing their jobs. 

I know what you're saying and I'm pretty fiscally conservative in real life, but ****, isn't Ryan on his second $100 million contract??  Spread the wealth a little is all I'm saying.  Move some money around at least to give us some breathing room...I don't know.