ike barn87987

J.R. Sweezy

58 posts in this topic

Hypothetically, Another patchwork signing by TD & co would be par the course. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. This FO is clueless lol  

I need to actually watch recent tape of him .

I know the perception of hin is not great but perceptions mean absolutely nothing.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

I know the perception of hin is not great but perceptions mean absolutely nothing.

Perception is reality. 

Just now, D.B.N. said:

Perception is reality. 

No it is not.

Not in the NFL....you can perceive a guy to be weak and then he bull rushes your ***.

We perceived the browns to be push overs this past year....how did that work out?

Geneaut and runshoot like this

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

No it is not.

Not in the NFL....you can perceive a guy to be weak and then he bull rushes your ***.

We perceived the browns to be push overs this past year....how did that work out?

Sweezy didn’t do so well in PFF’s eyes last season, grading out as a “45.7” in their eyes. That’s “not good.” That's good for “below average” status.

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Sweezy didn’t do so well in PFF’s eyes last season, grading out as a “45.7” in their eyes. That’s “not good.” That's good for “below average” status.

Means nothing..PFF is garbage.

They are ok at raw stats but when it comes to grading they are terrible.

Posted (edited)

If they sign Sweeney. They better draft ford. And draft another olineman. 

Are they trying to get fired?

Edited by RazorWing

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Means nothing..PFF is garbage.

They are ok at raw stats but when it comes to grading they are terrible.

Not saying they are perfect at all.  But they have multiple analysts evaluate every snap for each player.  The consensus is he is very average.  And we have plenty of that in Wes & Fusco

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Not saying they are perfect at all.  But they have multiple analysts evaluate every snap for each player.  The consensus is he is very average.  And we have plenty of that in Wes & Fusco

I know that they claim that...but I still call bs on the notion that they watch every snap for every player.

24 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

No it is not.

Perception. Is. Reality. 

OK folks DQ said we are going to fix the lines and get nasty. Since then he put his name on Beasley. Take Sweezy and that could be a death knell. Better fix the three spots he admonished on the OLine, find a run stopping NT and replace Beasley.

4 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Hypothetically, Another patchwork signing by TD & co would be par the course. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. This FO is clueless lol  

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OK folks DQ said we are going to fix the lines and get nasty. Since then he put his name on Beasley. Take Sweezy and that could be a death knell. Better fix the three spots he admonished on the OLine, find a run stopping NT and replace Beasley.

Here is what concerns me about us signing Sweezy.   The guy signed a big money contract with Tampa Bay.... then failed to elevate his play in order to justify that big payday.  In other words, he got paid, but that wasn't enough to make Sweezy do his best.   OR.... if Sweezy -did- do his best, and played like crap, even while getting paid big money?  Then what do the Falcons expect the guy to be like, if we sign him? 

We already -KNOW- our FO can't afford to break the bank for this guy.  Big money did not bring out the best in Sweezy, so what is 'small' money going to do?

6 hours ago, hjerry said:

If I remember correctly, didn't we all mock Tampa a few years back for giving a huge contract to him, since he sucks? and then, they released after only a couple of seasons? since he sucks?

HIt I.R. Both seasons there

7 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Here is what concerns me about us signing Sweezy.   The guy signed a big money contract with Tampa Bay.... then failed to elevate his play in order to justify that big payday.  In other words, he got paid, but that wasn't enough to make Sweezy do his best.   OR.... if Sweezy -did- do his best, and played like crap, even while getting paid big money?  Then what do the Falcons expect the guy to be like, if we sign him? 

We already -KNOW- our FO can't afford to break the bank for this guy.  Big money did not bring out the best in Sweezy, so what is 'small' money going to do?

He signed with the Seahawks last year for 1.5M. I don’t want him but I suspect if we do sign him it’s going to look similar to what he signed last season. 

My thing is the guy is average and has been hurt more than Levitre. 

Is he better than Fusco or Schweitzer? No. Even if we draft an OG I don’t get it. The guy we draft better be ready to start day 1 or we are counting on elevated play.

17 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

Omg, ******* Sweezy???  I wish Matt Ryan would restructure his contract or something.

If Ryan was a true “team player” he would restructure. Brady did. 

Mescalito likes this

He a solid ZBS guy. Not terrible in pass pro but not good either. I think he is a better pass protecting Ben Garland. Athletic and quick but simply doesn't upgrade pass pro. 

1 hour ago, Mescalito said:

Omg, ******* Sweezy???  I wish Matt Ryan would restructure his contract or something.

If you want to blame anyone blame Grady for demanding Donald money and putting us in cap trouble this season. Beasley needs to restructure. I love how everyone trashes Ryan and demands him to change his contract when he hasnt been the issue. Blame the front office for not doing their jobs. 

THEHEADCOACH likes this