Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gazoo

Matt Ryan has played with an awful Falcons defense most of his career

114 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

The title to this thread should be "pourly built defenses have had to play with Matt Ryan"  it would make more sense then

Confused The Interview GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We are doing this again....we are going to over exaggerate the two QBs to prove how much Matt Ryan belongs...there's  nothing to prove. Matt is elite.

His oline n defense played well enough to get you an MVP, get you into the SB, win the NFC and almost a SB...stop acting like the Falcons turned into the Cleveland Browns in the SB all of a sudden.

Also tired of hearing how gassed  the Falcons defense was..but yet still late in the 4th they were still getting sacks on Brady.

Brady didnt thrown a bunch of pick 6s..he threw one..and his QB rating was very close to Matt Ryans... again over exaggerating Brady performance to put over Ryan 

 

And Brady has played with 3 different offensive coordinators and all 3 had different offensive schemes...I read in this thread someone say..he has played in the same system his whole career, no he has not.

Not here trying to stir up stuff, but please stop over exaggerating....

 

Edited by Ghost_02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

BAM. He would not be Brady we know without the accompanying defense nor the protection he is constantly afforded. Look at Brady under pressure-he gets rid of the ball real quick.  

Brady has also has some dang good skill position weapons at his disposal. Bellichick has been dynamite at finding perfect fits for his offense for Brady to exploit.

VTCrunkler and ZoneOne01 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

We are doing this again....we are going to over exaggerate the two QBs to prove how much Matt Ryan belongs...there's  nothing to prove. Matt is elite.

His oline n defense played well enough to get you an MVP, get you into the SB, win the NFC and almost a SB...stop acting like the Falcons turned into the Cleveland Browns in the SB all of a sudden.

Also tired of hearing how gassed  the Falcons defense was..but yet still late in the 4th they were still getting sacks on Brady.

Brady didnt thrown a bunch of pick 6s..he threw one..and his QB rating was very close to Matt Ryans... again over exaggerating Brady performance to put over Ryan 

 

And Brady has played with 3 different offensive coordinators and all 3 had different offensive schemes...I read in this thread someone say..he has played in the same system his whole career, no he has not.

Not here trying to stir up stuff, but please stop over exaggerating....

 

I assume you are aware the defense played 97 snaps in the game?

I assume you know Brady had only scored 3 points going into 4th quarter (Other than a TD pass to Alford on that pick 6) 

I assume you are aware we played man defense almost the entire game?

I assume you know man defense wears your defenders out quicker than zone?  We should have mixed in some zone coverages in first 3 quarters to help keep our defenders fresh late in game.

I assume you know we just got off a long scoring drive by Brady, lost coin toss and had to go right back out on field?

Given all these things I assume you would know, and assuming you actually watched the game, how in the world could you claim our defense didn’t wear out late in the game??????

 

BlazerSlayer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's simple, if Ryan and Brady's careers were flipped, so would the rings on their hands. Brady wouldn't have won any SBs here either. Brady being in that system his whole career and great coaching is what sets him apart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your defense being "gassed" does not mean they aren't good/ weren't good. It means they were out played and out schemed. "Gassed" but still affective enough to sack Brady late in the 4th go back and watch the game.

funny they were "gassed" or  they are"horrible" ..but they sure weren't "gassed" or "horrible for the first 3 quarters or a couple weeks before than when they kicked Rodgers a&& right?

 

Sounds like you trying to make it seem like Ryan really didn't have much to work with like the "only" reason why brady was able to win ...Is because that "horrible" falcons defense finally showed back up. The picture you trying to paint is a little out of focus.

 

I am going to leave it there, because this subject with you has been argued by your follow falcon fans and outsiders like way too much. Just stop making excuses for Ryan and stop exaggerating trying to prove your point.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

It's simple, if Ryan and Brady's careers were flipped, so would the rings on their hands. Brady wouldn't have won any SBs here either. Brady being in that system his whole career and great coaching is what sets him apart. 

Brady played with 3 different coordinators with 3 different offensive schemes. He has only played with one hall of fame wide out and as great as his TE has been in the sec half of his(brady) career. Gronk was not what he use to be this season, and in the SB vs the falcons, he wasnt even there.

And its never a given if you just "switch" players the same success would be replicated. As Herm Edwards would say..."that's why you play the game(s)" Just saying. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Depends if you want stats or a championship i guess.. You seem content with stats 

That wasnt even the point of the OP man. It wasn't a championship or bust argument. You proved the OPs point with your post. Content on stats- nope but you should learn to appreciate our greatest QB of all time. One day he won't be here. Cheers mate. 

Edited by Shagpill 2.0
Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

Your defense being "gassed" does not mean they aren't good/ weren't good. It means they were out played and out schemed. "Gassed" but still affective enough to sack Brady late in the 4th go back and watch the game.

funny they were "gassed" or  they are"horrible" ..but they sure weren't "gassed" or "horrible for the first 3 quarters or a couple weeks before than when they kicked Rodgers a&& right?

 

Sounds like you trying to make it seem like Ryan really didn't have much to work with like the "only" reason why brady was able to win ...Is because that "horrible" falcons defense finally showed back up. The picture you trying to paint is a little out of focus.

 

I am going to leave it there, because this subject with you has been argued by your follow falcon fans and outsiders like way too much. Just stop making excuses for Ryan and stop exaggerating trying to prove your point.

 

 

Sounds like you don’t know what you are talking about bruh. Do you even know the difference between man and zone coverage? Do you know what snap counts are? If you don’t understand our defense was gassed playing that many snaps in man coverage, you don’t understand this game. People that refuse to ackowldge the obvious aren’t worth discussing football with bruh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

2012 & 2016 are titles with Brady IMO

Ryan outplayed Brady in the super bowl. So I no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He did in the first half

I definitely agree with you Brady is one heck of a QB.  Don’t forget our boy has a lot of come from behind, game winning drives in his repertoire as well.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

That wasnt even the point of the OP man. It wasn't a championship or bust argument. You proved the OPs point with your post. Content on stats- nope but you should learn to appreciate our greatest QB of all time. One day he won't be here. Cheers mate. 

I love Ryan, and I don't blame him for how the team is built.. But its a team sport and as of now were off balance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belichick kept the Rams O to 3 points, not Brady.

When was the last time we held a team to a score that low? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Belichick kept the Rams O to 3 points, not Brady.

When was the last time we held a team to a score that low? 

 

Gonna be waiting a long time for that answer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

2012 & 2016 are titles with Brady IMO

Since when does Brady kick field goals?

I think you’re referring to BB, not Brady. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Gonna be waiting a long time for that answer 

Off the top of my head we shut out the Giants in 2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Belichick kept the Rams O to 3 points, not Brady.

When was the last time we held a team to a score that low? 

 

We held the Eagles to 15 points in 2017 playoffs.  NE gave up over 40 to them a few weeks later in the SB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I respect your take, but Belichick didn’t make Brady...nor did Brady make Belichick.  Together & equally  they created the evil empire

Eh, Belichick kinda made Brady. For the Belichick and Brady empire, I’d say that dynasty is about 75% Belichick, 25% Brady. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Belichick would never have given Ryan the weapons the Falcons organization has.. Belichick would have made Ryan make the most out of no name receivers but Ryan would have had better protection and a more balanced defense.. Plus, Ryan wouldn't be making what he is now in New England 

Belichick told you all that, Slummy? 

Here’s what he’s actually said about Ryan:

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000779521/article/bill-belichick-no-weaknesses-in-matt-ryans-game?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league%3Bteam%3Datl%3Bteam%3Dne%3Bconf%3Dnfc%3Bconf%3Dafc%3Bdvsn%3Dncs%3Bdvsn%3Dace&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Ryan is definitely ELITE.  Future HOF.  Top 3 QB in 2019.

If he played in NE since 2000 he would have 4 titles IMO.

On the flip side, if Brady was in Atlanta we have 2 titles.  But only Brady & possibly Rodgers could I say that about

A top 6 GM would provided a better defense during those 12 yrs. Matt Ryan is the main constant for the Falcons success during the TD era. Now if TD will just do his part to finish the job .....it’s called find a pass rush that’s been non existent for over a decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I wasnt putting Ryan down, just saying this team would look nothing like it does now if Belichick built it. Other than Ryan & Sanu i honestly cant think of any players we have i believe Belichick would have signed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gazoo said:

Some keep mentioning Ryan’s weapons.

But a QB needs a reliable OL to utilize his weapons. 

Tom Brady has has a far better and more talented group of OL than Ryan has had over his career. Brady has almost always had great interior pass protection allowing him to throw from a clean pocket. Ryan has gotten the living snot beat out of his most years.

Now let’s look at Brady’s weapons. 

Gronk is already looked at as the best TE in NFL history. Far better than the old Tony who couldn’t block and couldn’t get downfield by time he joined Falcons.

You guys really think Dieon Branch, Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown, David Patton, David Givens, Mulian Edelman, Aaron Hernandez, Corey Dillon, Danny Woodhead, Danny Amendola, weren’t outstanding weapons? 

Brady has absolutely had not just a far better defense, far better coaching, far better OL than Ryan has had, but he’s also had outstanding weapons.

 

Julio >>>>>

Only elite talent in that group at any point in time was Randy.

Welker, Edelman, Hernandez were above average

Deion, Faulk, Brown were average

Amendola, Patton and Givens?

And Dillon was winding down

------------------

Gronk is awesome, but has been a relative non factor several seasons running now because of injury. Even Pats fans will say he is not the GOAT of TE's though, Tony G has almost 3 times the career receptions, same with Gates, and Witten is over 2 his catches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0