Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gazoo

Matt Ryan has played with an awful Falcons defense most of his career

114 posts in this topic

Over Matt Ryan's career (08-18) ATL D ranks...

-22nd in passer rating allowed

-26th in comp% allwd

-26th in Y/A allwd

-27th in total yrds allwd

-27th in 1D allwd

-29th in Y/C allwd

-30th in pass yrds allwd

-32nd in sacks

-32nd in 3D conv % allowed

“but he doesn’t have a ring so he’s not elite”

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2019/3/8/18253700/matt-ryan-has-played-with-an-awful-falcons-defense-most-of-his-career-mike-smith-dan-quinn

Ryan is definitely ELITE.  Future HOF.  Top 3 QB in 2019.

If he played in NE since 2000 he would have 4 titles IMO.

On the flip side, if Brady was in Atlanta we have 2 titles.  But only Brady & possibly Rodgers could I say that about

mqg96, THEHEADCOACH, Stryka and 1 other like this

Matt Ryan has also played with a loaded stack of skilled position players.. So dont make it out that he hasnt got what he probably asked for.. Look at the names of RB's and WR's this organization has stacked for Ryan.. Plus Ryan has always been compensated on the highest levels.. Imo, Ryan is the player that probably has the most pull in the locker room on how money is allocated.. So hes got what hes probably asked for 

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Matt Ryan has also played with a loaded stack of skilled position players.. So dont make it out that he hasnt got what he probably asked for.. Look at the names of RB's and WR's this organization has stacked for Ryan.. Plus Ryan has always been compensated on the highest levels.. Imo, Ryan is the player that probably has the most pull in the locker room on how money is allocated.. So hes got what hes probably asked for 

Doesn’t do much good without an OL that can protect him most years.

his best OL was in 2016 and Ryan made NFL history by scoring 7th most points in NFL history

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

On the flip side, if Brady was in Atlanta we have 2 titles.  But only Brady & possibly Rodgers could I say that about

Belichick would never have given Ryan the weapons the Falcons organization has.. Belichick would have made Ryan make the most out of no name receivers but Ryan would have had better protection and a more balanced defense.. Plus, Ryan wouldn't be making what he is now in New England 

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Not seeing Brady having the same success with this coaching turnover

PokerSteve, slick0ne, gazoo and 2 others like this

Just now, gazoo said:

Doesn’t do much good without an OL that can protect him.

No doubt, but read my next post.. It addresses this.. 

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Belichick would never have given Ryan the weapons the Falcons organization has.. Belichick would have made Ryan make the most out of no name receivers but Ryan would have had better protection and a more balanced defense.. Plus, Ryan wouldn't be making what he is now in New England 

Ryan could thrive in NE’s system.  It’s just as much physical as mental there.  And I don’t believe Ryan needs all these weapons

NeonDeion, Osiruz, gazoo and 1 other like this

2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

2012 & 2016 are titles with Brady IMO

mqg96 likes this

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Bill Belichick is hands down the best game planner in NFL.  If Ryan has Bellichick as his coach his enstore career he would be just as successful as Brady.

Brady isn’t Brady without Bellichick.

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Ryan could thrive in NE’s system.  It’s just as much physical as mental there.  And I don’t believe Ryan needs all these weapons

I agree, but if Ryan is getting what he wants here in Atlanta.. It negates what Belichick would do differently.. Belichick would build a Oline and have a balanced defense before signing skilled positions at what we're paying 

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

Bill Belichick is hands down the best game planner in NFL.  If Ryan has Bellichick as his coach his enstore career he would be just as successful as Brady.

This is very true, but Belichick would never have built a team around Ryan like the Falcons did.. Belichick would have built the defense and offense like he saw it should be.. But i agree, Ryan under Belichick and i feel sure he'd have at least 2 rings by now.. So whos to blame 

gazoo and Tim Mazetti like this

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I agree, but if Ryan is getting what he wants here in Atlanta.. It negates what Belichick would do differently.. Belichick would build a Oline and have a balanced defense before signing skilled positions at what we're paying 

Ryan’s stats would drop in NE, but they would win titles

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Ryan’s stats would drop in NE, but they would win titles

Exactly, and Ryan wouldn't be making close to what he is now as a Falcon 

13 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I respect your take, but Belichick didn’t make Brady...nor did Brady make Belichick.  Together & equally  they created the evil empire

Belllichick is hands down best head coach in NFL history, the best strategizer, best at making in game adjustments and game plans, best at knowing how, when and where to attack. 

Brady would be a good QB but Brady wouldn’t be Brady if he’d had bad defenses, multiple average head coaches and different schemes his whole career.

Bellichick has always made sure Brady has had a pocket to step up into virtually his entire career. We saw how good Ryan is when he has a steady pocket to step up into in 2016 and a good game planner in Shanny...NFL history is what happened. 

24 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

If skill players made their QBs, guys like James Winston, Tom Savage, Osweiler etc would be all pro. These guys have had better defenses and Olinemen than Ryan too

Stryka and gazoo like this

6 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Belllichick is hands down best head coach in NFL history, the best strategizer, best at making in game adjustments and game plans, best at knowing how, when and where to attack. 

Brady would be a good QB but Brady wouldn’t be Brady if he’d had bad defenses, multiple average head coaches and different schemes his whole career.

I’ll politely agree to disagree.  And Belichick is the GOAT Coach & GM...But Brady is the GOAT quarterback.  Dude has played a full two seasons worth of playoff games.  Most competitive guy in pro sports