Dirtybird56

Antonio Brown (Almost Traded) To The Bills

99 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Trade Julio to BUF for a minimum of a 1st and 4th. That would also net about $4M in cap space. There are several ways we could go from there. Here's one option:

  • BUF1 - DT - Ed Oliver
  • BUF4 - DE - Ben Banogu
  • FA - LG - Quinton Spain 

That's a nice haul for a 30 year old ornament. Especially considering ornaments aren't the key to Lombardies these days. Good trench players are. Julio, AB, OBJ, A.J., DHop, Fitz, Moss, T.O. and Carter have a combined ZERO rings bro.

The leading receivers on the last three Championship teams were Julian Edelman and Zach Ertz. A slot WR and TE with cap hits in the $3-4M range. Not the $10-15M Julio range. We'd still have nine draft picks to get busy with. We could use one on a top flight WR or TE and still have eight.

 

Lots of good stuff here but we all know it'll never happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’m bringing up the key pieces to the “drama” you keep speaking of. If you’re gonna talk about his doing, it’s only fair to bring up everything that’s publicly assumed, right. It doesn’t make you an apologist. Heck, you should know most of what he’s saying is true after their dumb *** GM backed Ben and called the other players kids. That’s the type of disrespect AB is speaking of. 

So you’re saying that AB is being treated unfairly & bears no blame or responsibly in these matters?  Do you think he’s a victim of some injustices by the power structure in place here?  I promise I’m not trying to agitate but genuinely curious. Maybe you’re in the know more than I & I’m completely missing out in how AB is being mistreated. The last I heard on this board, they were talking about how AB was upset for not getting more balls thrown to him than Ju Ju.  Or when he decided not to show up for the game or whatever.  Is some of this crap on AB?  Or does he get a pass as a victim in all this drama that’s always unfolding.  I’m trying to get a clearer understanding tbh.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Trade Julio to BUF for a minimum of a 1st and 4th. That would also net about $4M in cap space. There are several ways we could go from there. Here's one option:

  • BUF1 - DT - Ed Oliver
  • BUF4 - DE - Ben Banogu
  • FA - LG - Quinton Spain 

That's a nice haul for a 30 year old ornament. Especially considering ornaments aren't the key to Lombardies these days. Good trench players are. Julio, AB, OBJ, A.J., DHop, Fitz, Moss, T.O. and Carter have a combined ZERO rings bro.

The leading receivers on the last three Championship teams were Julian Edelman and Zach Ertz. A slot WR and TE with cap hits in the $3-4M range. Not the $10-15M Julio range. We'd still have nine draft picks to get busy with. We could use one on a top flight WR or TE and still have eight.

 

Some of yall can't wait till a Michael Jenkins or Brian Finnerman type receiver is the falcons number 1 threat again...:lol:

ZoneOne01 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Brown gonna nix every trade, until he goes to a team he wants.

He might. But as much as he can bug me, I wouldn’t want to be in Buffalo either. 

Let’s see who else has interest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So you’re saying that AB is being treated unfairly & bears no blame or responsibly in these matters?  Do you think he’s a victim of some injustices by the power structure in place here?  I promise I’m not trying to agitate but genuinely curious. Maybe you’re in the know more than I & I’m completely missing out in how AB is being mistreated. The last I heard on this board, they were talking about how AB was upset for not getting more balls thrown to him than Ju Ju.  Or when he decided not to show up for the game or whatever.  Is some of this crap on AB?  Or does he get a pass as a victim in all this drama that’s always unfolding.  I’m trying to get a clearer understanding tbh.  

This let's me know you haven't actually read anything that I've typed. Never once said that he didn't deserve any. The issue I have is that you're putting every ounce of it on him and no one else, which I have made perfectly clear. You're telling me you aren't concerned about the others yet the others have played an even bigger role in this entire thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

He might. But as much as he can bug me, I wouldn’t want to be in Buffalo either. 

Let’s see who else has interest.  

He wants to play for 49ers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

He might. But as much as he can bug me, I wouldn’t want to be in Buffalo either. 

Let’s see who else has interest.  

No one , he bein a b*tch just suck it up and play. He wont get much offers, nobody wants that headache nor his contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Some of yall can't wait till a Michael Jenkins or Brian Finnerman type receiver is the falcons number 1 threat again...:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, caponine said:

No one , he bein a b*tch just suck it up and play. He wont get much offers, nobody wants that headache nor his contract

There are several teams interested, just not interested in giving up that first rounder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Poor *******.  At least he will get a work out chasing down all those pick 6s.

He isn’t going there anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

There are several teams interested, just not interested in giving up that first rounder

packers are out, who’s left ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, caponine said:

packers are out, who’s left ?

I can only tell you what journalists say on twitter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, caponine said:

packers are out, who’s left ?

This is why it is really hard to trade an expensive top shelf player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

This let's me know you haven't actually read anything that I've typed. Never once said that he didn't deserve any. The issue I have is that you're putting every ounce of it on him and no one else, which I have made perfectly clear. You're telling me you aren't concerned about the others yet the others have played an even bigger role in this entire thing.

No I read it.  I’m trying to understand it better.  I don’t know how much has happened behind the scenes with AB, Management, Ownership, Agents, or anyone else.  I sure would like to have more clarity from all the parties involved that aren’t named AB.  But somehow I’m doubtful we’ll see their POV detailed on social media.  I realize you put some onus on AB too.  I saw that.  I know you’re not absolving AB of his part.  Yes, I’m purposely putting some blame on AB as you have seen.  I bet there are a lot of things we may not  be privy to.  Surely there has been some insightful sit-downs where he & others in that organization have discussed their personal frustrations. It’d be interesting to hear how that has gone down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

No I read it.  I’m trying to understand it better.  I don’t know how much has happened behind the scenes with AB, Management, Ownership, Agents, or anyone else.  I sure would like to have more clarity from all the parties involved that aren’t named AB.  But somehow I’m doubtful we’ll see their POV detailed on social media.  I realize you put some onus on AB too.  I saw that.  I know you’re not absolving AB of his part.  Yes, I’m purposely putting some blame on AB as you have seen.  I bet there are a lot of things we may not  be privy to.  Surely there has been some insightful sit-downs where he & others in that organization have discussed their personal frustrations. It’d be interesting to hear how that has gone down.

I fault AB big time for ruining his value and image by allowing it to make him act out the way he has. I agree that it should have been handled behind the scenes but I don't blame him for being so vocal when pressed about the situation. I mostly feel that way because of how vocal Ben was about him throughout the season instead of accepting blame himself. I'm willing to bet it has a lot to do with the Bell situation and how Brown wa clearly supportive of Bell.

From an outside looking in standpoint, Ben did everything he could to try to murder AB's productive value early on. Didn't work. Even with the slow start, WR wise AB was still a top 10 guy. JuJu knows he ate because of AB's presence and has acknowledged such.

The whole thing started in the offseason when the guy on twitter decided to take a shot at AB. Tell me this, who came to AB's defense from the Steelers organization. If there was someone I dang sure don't remember. Since that moment, **** just went down hill. I fault AB and Ben 25% a pop but Coach Crooked and that entire front office own 50% because they did nothing to stop the BS. They didn't say anything to Ben and they didn't say anything to AB. I think had Ben been put in check and told to cut out the BS, I truly believe AB would have been okay. I have to take him at his word that the thing he wanted was respect. After their GM made the 52 kids comment, I have to believe that AB was telling the truth about Ben having a ownership mentality. Can't do that.

Take week 17, one report says he was injured, one report said him and Ben had their final clash and that was it. I believe the latter. For that team to be better, it all starts with Ben and his leadership. Unfortunately he doesn't possess that trait

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, caponine said:

No one , he bein a b*tch just suck it up and play. He wont get much offers, nobody wants that headache nor his contract

There’s a lot in play behind the scenes that none of us will ever know about I bet.  And it’s not being handled professionally by anyone I don’t think.  I also think folks in the Pitt camp don’t want to get into a social media pizz-ing match over their differences.  So we’re not hearing everything.  Plus, all that mess might not be too condusive to making a deal go down with other teams obviously.  I’m sure teams are weighing all these matters out in their own camps.  Buffalo tried to make it happen but AB was not a willing partner so it’s interesting to see who he’ll play for next.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Buffalo would be colder, but you're right it's not like he's used to playing in Florida or California. Still if he had a choice, I can't imagine Buffalo would be it.

Idk he might like those bills mafia women

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now