Dirtybird56

Antonio Brown (Almost Traded) To The Bills

99 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I have an issue with one thing you just said. He said he doesn't need the game because he has nothing else to prove and statistically he isn't lying at all but he wants the game. Wanting is much greater than needing it when it comes to professional athletes IMO. All the other stuff you stated is an opinion that is yours and i'm not gonna touch. Certainly disagree with almost all

That’s all good & everything, but fact is he’s always playing the main character in his own drama show seems like to me.

We can agree that he’s a great WR.  Even HOF great possibly.  But it’s the HOF drama show that comes with him that I can live without.  

dirtybird2k5 likes this

11 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Imagine trading the best receiver that's ever played in Atlanta, a dude whose kept his head down for the entirety of his career - all because he hung out with some rappers and wanted more money..once.

thank GOD you're some random dude on a message board and not a member of the FO.

I'm in the minority but I can imagine it. 

caponine likes this

28 minutes ago, stizz said:

The Steelers certainly have their problems outside of AB, but I certainly wouldn't let him dictate where he wants to go. If the compensation to Buffalo was good and he just refused to go and would rather retire, fine. More money I'd have freed up for free agency. 

Yup.  It’s the ever continuing saga of AB & what he needs to be happy.  

The never ending soap opera of how come AB is unhappy?  Stay tuned for the next episodes of him airing his laundry on social media... and on and on we go.  :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

That’s all good & everything, but fact is he’s always playing the main character in his own drama show seems like to me.

We can agree that he’s a great WR.  Even HOF great possibly.  But it’s the HOF drama show that comes with him that I can live without.  

You aren't forced to follow along though.

I don't have an issue with him calling out Ben and Tomlin. I do have an issue with him attacking guys who have backed him while at the same time pointing out his wrong doings. Like Shannon Sharpe says all the time, he surrounds himself around people who tell him what he wants to hear and not what he needs to know. Even his BFF James Harrison says he gets too emotional over things which is true. I honestly hope he gets traded to a team like Buffalo who has had nothing to play for in a long time so he can back up his "trade me and let's find out" reply and prove that Ben isn't the reason for his success, which I disagree that a QB makes a star.

In some cases, like New England yeah, but if a man has talent, a man has talent. That's something that a QB cant create. All a QB does is get the WR paid because he has to throw it to them. IMO he's still tied with Julio and Hopkins for that top spot but being successful with an inexperienced QB will put him over the top for me. If he fails then it's time to slide him down the list, especially after he put the bold claim on it.

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You aren't forced to follow along though.

I don't have an issue with him calling out Ben and Tomlin. I do have an issue with him attacking guys who have backed him while at the same time pointing out his wrong doings. Like Shannon Sharpe says all the time, he surrounds himself around people who tell him what he wants to hear and not what he needs to know. Even his BFF James Harrison says he gets too emotional over things which is true. I honestly hope he gets traded to a team like Buffalo who has had nothing to play for in a long time so he can back up his "trade me and let's find out" reply and prove that Ben isn't the reason for his success, which I disagree that a QB makes a star.

In some cases, like New England yeah, but if a man has talent, a man has talent. That's something that a QB cant create. All a QB does is get the WR paid because he has to throw it to them. IMO he's still tied with Julio and Hopkins for that top spot but being successful with an inexperienced QB will put him over the top for me. If he fails then it's time to slide him down the list, especially after he put the bold claim on it.

Yeah, I don’t follow any of that but I can’t get away from it because I follow the nfl in general.  I really don’t care too much about Ben or Tomlin either.  I’d prefer to see him handle his stuff man to man behind the scenes instead of all the emotional drama like a teenage girl. My entire point is that it’s always something with this guy.  Like I said, he’s always the lead actor in his own drama series lmao. Grow the fk up already. It’s a free country so if he chooses to act out in public then that’s on him.  Then I’ll continue to have to see his act playing out in nfl news I guess. Geesh.  

A-B

Always-*****ing

Will it ever end??!! :D

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yeah, I don’t follow any of that but I can’t get away from it because I follow the nfl in general.  I really don’t care too much about Ben or Tomlin either.  I’d prefer to see him handle his stuff man to man behind the scenes instead of all the emotional drama like a teenage girl. My entire point is that it’s always something with this guy.  Like I said, he’s always the lead actor in his own drama series lmao. Grow the fk up already. It’s a free country so if he chooses to act out in public then that’s on him.  Then I’ll continue to have to see his act playing out in nfl news I guess. Geesh.  

A-B

Always-*****ing

Will it ever end??!! :D

It’s very easy to miss. You can either turn the tv during the segment or keep swiping if you’re using social media. So don’t say you can’t get away from it. 

Anywho, everything was behind the scenes until someone on the inside decided to make it public. Heck Ben has been public all season long. Yet it’s an issue when AB says something. Goes back to the shop, all these years you don’t hear a single word, even today his teammates have not said a single bad thing about him. Now all of a sudden he’s the bad guy? I don’t buy it at all. If you’re seriously going to just sit back and make him out to be the only issue, do you. 

mfaulk57158 likes this

Too good for the Steelers, now too good for the Bills I guess.

He’s just a nixing kind of guy maybe.  

Who can make poor AB happy is the question of the day??  Whomever does, be prepared not to upset the man unless you want a social media funfest :lol:

5 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Conflicts with Rapoport

battle of the reporters

looks like Schefter is walking back his previous jab at Rapoport. Ever since the JPP thing about his medical stuff- I have not been a fan of Schefter.

Posted (edited)

Lol well i see who wears the pants in this relationship , Tomlin and that FO talk a big game but they getting used as a doormat. AB walking all over them smh. Guys i said a few weeks ago that Brown is gonna have some kind of input to where he goes, and some thought that i didnt know what i was talking about. This is what i meant, Brown is gonna give them some of the destinations that he wants to go too

Edited by caponine

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It’s very easy to miss. You can either turn the tv during the segment or keep swiping if you’re using social media. So don’t say you can’t get away from it. 

Anywho, everything was behind the scenes until someone on the inside decided to make it public. Heck Ben has been public all season long. Yet it’s an issue when AB says something. Goes back to the shop, all these years you don’t hear a single word, even today his teammates have not said a single bad thing about him. Now all of a sudden he’s the bad guy? I don’t buy it at all. If you’re seriously going to just sit back and make him out to be the only issue, do you. 

I’m not an AB apologist.  He creates a lot of his own junk.  If you want to keep bringing up other people, fine, but they aren’t responsible for AB’s behavior.  We see it entirely different.  Btw, I don’t really disagree with your thoughts on Ben either.  I lost respect for him a long time ago. But that’s another story.  I’m following along on this AB story because it’s front & center & I have my opinions on it.  So yeah, today I chose to interject my thoughts about him.  I still think he should try to handle his biz man to man behind the scenes.  But hey, he prefers to play it out in public.  So here we are.  

Steelers are gonna lose here because the compensation offered will keep going down.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That's too bad. Just think if we traded him to BUF for a 1st and 4th. We could definitely get either Oliver, White or Sweat with their first, then take Metcalf with our first, while freeing up $8.1M to sign an OG and another vet. Use their 4th to add a depth pick. Really get explosive. Oh well.

So trade Julio, and use a round 1 pick to draft....another WR? One that odds say has zero chance to be as good as Jones. Then use the cap saving to sign a decent player? (8M isn’t getting you the best guard out there, let alone 2 players. This doesn’t seem like the recipe to get more “explosive” to me. 

to top it off, as soon as the pick from the Julio trade isn’t elite you will yell “Troffed”

This whole thing is hilarious and Rapaport looks like a fool.

Also remember when the Steelers said they would be in control of decisions and not AB?  Players, specifically elite players, have leverage in this nfl landscape.  This fell through because AB didn't want to play for Buffalo.

His market is drying up so fast, curious to see how this ends.

22 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I’m not an AB apologist.  He creates a lot of his own junk.  If you want to keep bringing up other people, fine, but they aren’t responsible for AB’s behavior.  We see it entirely different.  Btw, I don’t really disagree with your thoughts on Ben either.  I lost respect for him a long time ago. But that’s another story.  I’m following along on this AB story because it’s front & center & I have my opinions on it.  So yeah, today I chose to interject my thoughts about him.  I still think he should try to handle his biz man to man behind the scenes.  But hey, he prefers to play it out in public.  So here we are.  

I’m bringing up the key pieces to the “drama” you keep speaking of. If you’re gonna talk about his doing, it’s only fair to bring up everything that’s publicly assumed, right. It doesn’t make you an apologist. Heck, you should know most of what he’s saying is true after their dumb *** GM backed Ben and called the other players kids. That’s the type of disrespect AB is speaking of. 

Bill's seemed to be the only team interested in giving what they wanted. Curious to what happens. Do the lower the demands to off load him, or keep him and see the roster break down because of this feud. 

13 minutes ago, athell said:

This whole thing is hilarious and Rapaport looks like a fool.

Also remember when the Steelers said they would be in control of decisions and not AB?  Players, specifically elite players, have leverage in this nfl landscape.  This fell through because AB didn't want to play for Buffalo.

His market is drying up so fast, curious to see how this ends.

This is exactly why I didn’t want to jump the gun. He better cut ties with whoever that source is

athell likes this

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Buffalo is very different from PA. Much more wind and snow (3-5 feet a year) due to lake effect weather. Also, probably 10 degrees colder. I worked there for a few months mid winter, the place just sucks. Everything about it man.

Absolutely sucks. Don't know why anyone lives there. No jobs and horrible weather. You can live the same, in much better weather, with better job opportunities by moving!!!!!

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That's too bad. Just think if we traded him to BUF for a 1st and 4th. We could definitely get either Oliver, White or Sweat with their first, then take Metcalf with our first, while freeing up $8.1M to sign an OG and another vet. Use their 4th to add a depth pick. Really get explosive. Oh well.

Chances of Metcalf even being at our pick are slim to none. Too many teams need a WR above us.

I get your point, since I don't think a WR is the way you win a Super Bowl in today's NFL. Especially one you're about to have 20+mil tied up in. But I can't see it happening.

6 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

So trade Julio, and use a round 1 pick to draft....another WR? One that odds say has zero chance to be as good as Jones. Then use the cap saving to sign a decent player? (8M isn’t getting you the best guard out there, let alone 2 players. This doesn’t seem like the recipe to get more “explosive” to me. 

to top it off, as soon as the pick from the Julio trade isn’t elite you will yell “Troffed”

Trade Julio to BUF for a minimum of a 1st and 4th. That would also net about $4M in cap space. There are several ways we could go from there. Here's one option:

• BUF1 - DT - Ed Oliver
  • BUF4 - DE - Ben Banogu
  • FA - LG - Quinton Spain 

That's a nice haul for a 30 year old ornament. Especially considering ornaments aren't the key to Lombardies these days. Good trench players are. Julio, AB, OBJ, A.J., DHop, Fitz, Moss, T.O. and Carter have a combined ZERO rings bro.

The leading receivers on the last three Championship teams were Julian Edelman and Zach Ertz. A slot WR and TE with cap hits in the $3-4M range. Not the $10-15M Julio range. We'd still have nine draft picks to get busy with. We could use one on a top flight WR or TE and still have eight.

GeorgiaBoyz likes this