Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconFanSince1969

RG Kevin Zietler available for trade??

61 posts in this topic

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports RG Kevin Zeitler's "name has been thrown around some" as someone the Browns may try to trade.

At $12 million per year, Zeitler is the league's third-highest paid guard behind Zack Martin and Andrew Norwell. The old regime in Cleveland handed Zeitler that contract, and Kinkhabwala adds current GM John Dorsey drafted Austin Corbett to be an interior lineman for this team. Cutting Zeitler would clear just $1.7 million in cap space and leave behind $10.7 million in dead money, but the Browns would save $6.5 million in real cash. The Browns are already flush with cap space. They'd likely only consider moving him if a team wants to trade them a pick. Zeitler turns 29 in three days and was Pro Football Focus' top pass-blocking guard last season.

12 million huh? Coincidentally that is Beasleys cap number. Rescind Beasley's 5th year option and go trade for this guy and get a comp pick back for Beasley. Draft a pass rusher in the 1st.

Posted (edited)

Mack played alongside Zeitler for whatever it's worth.  I would think if Mack makes the endorsement to Arthur, it will be made so. 

(EDITED:  I take that back - They never played together.  2017 was his first year in Cleveland).

Edited by Maltese Falcon

2 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

They want a draft pick. Is it going to take a 2 to get him?

That's the question. With that contract I don't think I'd offer more than a 3rd.

jfalconsp likes this

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

That's the question. With that contract I don't think I'd offer more than a 3rd.

I’d do a 3rd. 4th in a dream world since we have 2.

FalconBlood and vitaman like this

Too big of a cap hit committed still. :shrug: Their contract doesn’t necessarily work here under our cap; that’s money down the road committed we are planning to use on DeBo/Jarrett/Neal/Hooper etc etc

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Too big of a cap hit committed still. :shrug: Their contract doesn’t necessarily work here under our cap; that’s money down the road committed we are planning to use on DeBo/Jarrett/Neal/Hooper etc etc

By that time Mack likely won't be here so it'd offset. We're also getting him on a 2017 contract. What he's making for the remainder of his contract will likely be what average players get going forward.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports RG Kevin Zeitler's "name has been thrown around some" as someone the Browns may try to trade.

At $12 million per year, Zeitler is the league's third-highest paid guard behind Zack Martin and Andrew Norwell. The old regime in Cleveland handed Zeitler that contract, and Kinkhabwala adds current GM John Dorsey drafted Austin Corbett to be an interior lineman for this team. Cutting Zeitler would clear just $1.7 million in cap space and leave behind $10.7 million in dead money, but the Browns would save $6.5 million in real cash. The Browns are already flush with cap space. They'd likely only consider moving him if a team wants to trade them a pick. Zeitler turns 29 in three days and was Pro Football Focus' top pass-blocking guard last season.

12 million huh? Coincidentally that is Beasleys cap number. Rescind Beasley's 5th year option and go trade for this guy and get a comp pick back for Beasley. Draft a pass rusher in the 1st.

This. We were a RG away from elite in Sarks offense.

55 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

I’d do a 3rd. 4th in a dream world since we have 2.

If we're planning to go OG  in first hes worth a 2nd. That would allow us to go DT/DE in first.

Atl Falcon likes this

Rumors are saying browns are trying to trade for OBJ, and I'd imagine the Giants would want Zietler in that trade package 

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So put him on the credit card....

That's how the salary cap works.

How many people are gonna freak when they do a long term deal with Vic to save 5 or 6 mil this year?

Edited by slider

2 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

Rumors are saying browns are trying to trade for OBJ, and I'd imagine the Giants would want Zietler in that trade package 

I'd imagine they'd rather have picks. They're rebuilding.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'd imagine they'd rather have picks. They're rebuilding.

Based off what I saw on twitter it's a few players, a 1st and a mid round pick apparently, but I guess we'll see how true this trade is in the coming days.

Honestly thought this FA they'd get a guard of roughly his caliber or slightly less, and a DT or DE of similar caliber even if it meant dropping Vic and Schraeder.  

We know this guy would be an upgrade over Schraeder (even though different positions) and could then draft a top 2 round OT to compete with Ty.

Similarly, if a legit pass rusher comes up, we could do the same w Vic.  Then draft a DT and DE in rounds 1 and 3.  That gives us proven vets at DL and OL instead of question marks, and we still take DE, OT, DT in the first 3 rounds.

I still don't understand why this hasn't been the plan.

vitaman likes this

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Cut Schraeder, Cut Fusco. Cut Bosher. Trade a 4th for him.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this