Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stryka

Micheal Bennett Sweepstakes

80 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, athell said:

Wanted him last year so yep.  He played very well last year for Philly and shows no signs of slowing up.

You will get a lot of I DON'T WANT THAT THUG ON MY TEAM responses, but from a football standpoint absolutely.

Ding Ding Ding .. this . Move would be a step in the right direction for 2019. 

athell and Stryka like this

If we could pull off this trade this team gets a whole lot tougher quickly. He also brings a lot of wisdom to the DL as he has played all over. If im TD...im definitely doing it for a 5th. ASAP!!

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

Posted (edited)

Offer our 4th compensatory pick max for a 34 year old. Just saying.

There is a fine line, but don’t necessarily mind DQ and MB reunion.

Fun note:

We’d have T W O Michael Bennett’s on roster :tiphat:

EDIT: Also, Eagles could release him with no cap hit.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

This would make no sense at all honestly. $7MM for a 34 year old player who can fall off at any moment and $13MM for an underperforming player while not finding common ground to extend your DT, who is now under a $15MM tag? 

Atl Falcon and Ergo Proxy like this

4 minutes ago, vel said:

This would make no sense at all honestly. $7MM for a 34 year old player who can fall off at any moment and $13MM for an underperforming player while not finding common ground to extend your DT, who is now under a $15MM tag? 

Did you read the article at all?

And not to be a smart ***, but it references extending/restructuring/cutting/conversions etc.

I agree with your general sentiment, but we need players...especially at edge.  It made sense last year and we didn't pull the trigger.  Fool me once, shame on you...

Stryka and GeorgiaBoyz like this

We sorely need a guy who can be effective inside and outside. He could be our guy for that job this season, potentially next year as well. 

dirtybird2k5 and Stryka like this

58 minutes ago, athell said:

Wanted him last year so yep.  He played very well last year for Philly and shows no signs of slowing up.

You will get a lot of I DON'T WANT THAT THUG ON MY TEAM responses, but from a football standpoint absolutely.

Bring this "thug" to this team.

Stryka, GeorgiaBoyz and athell like this

I would, i saw the video of the cop abusing him so I'm on his side with that one and he played well last year.

Stryka likes this

32 minutes ago, athell said:

Did you read the article at all?

And not to be a smart ***, but it references extending/restructuring/cutting/conversions etc.

I agree with your general sentiment, but we need players...especially at edge.  It made sense last year and we didn't pull the trigger.  Fool me once, shame on you...

It was more snarky than anything. The fact that they are married to Vic and Grady at $27MM, going to get Bennett at $7MM and he's 34 literally goes against the moves they've made thus far. Why should I believe they'll restructure Bennett if they can't even figure out Vic and Grady is more my point. 

Malachore, Ergo Proxy and athell like this

17 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I would, i saw the video of the cop abusing him so I'm on his side with that one and he played well last year.

Except the video didn't exist and he was caught making up the story. 

I’d dump Beasley’s *** and pay MB for a year or two in a heartbeat. Draft a DT and pay Grady for a year. MB can play every position on the line other than NT. 

tonatl07 likes this

7 minutes ago, vel said:

It was more snarky than anything. The fact that they are married to Vic and Grady at $27MM, going to get Bennett at $7MM and he's 34 literally goes against the moves they've made thus far. Why should I believe they'll restructure Bennett if they can't even figure out Vic and Grady is more my point. 

I feel you man...trust me...

FalconsIn2012 and vel like this

Posted (edited)

He's a dirty low life piece of trash, but if he can help our defense, bring him on! Im for building a football team to win, not a church choir.

Edit (Which saying that, most churches would take him faster than most NFL teams. Everyone can change ,they would embrace his story and welcome him. )

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

Posted (edited)

If I was GM....Bye Vic.

I'll take the guy that can actually get after the QB, Defend the run and bring production for all 3 downs....Oh and save $6M.

Edited by RubberDucky

1 minute ago, RubberDucky said:

If I was GM....Bye Vic.

This has me burning up inside. We could have another guard and a decent DE/DT for the price of terrible. 

Just now, droopy1592 said:

This has me burning up inside. We could have another guard and a decent DE/DT for the price of terrible. 

Yep.

I dont care if he goes somewhere else and puts up 15 Sacks. Dont mean he'd ever do it here.

tonatl07 likes this