Draftnut57

Draftnut57 2019 Mock Draft

77 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I love you, and I do enjoy your posts. I’m just being a cynical jerk. Brother I just can’t get around this draft class. It’s ugly to me, I mean like seriously. I keep looking at actual tape on these guys and none are much more than pieces. As much as I hate trade down scenarios, this is the year.

Well thank you bro... IMO this draft is loaded with talent.. And I'm not trying to over hype this year.. but so so much talent that it is hard to figure out who we should get.. That's what took me so long to get this mock done..To be honest and I am that.. I'm still a struggling with who we should really get with that first pick,, I truly love the rest of my MOck. But not really sold completely on my first pick.. I admit it.. It could be that we should go with Ford... instead of Chevy,,, I mean Gary !!  :lol: 

Ok that was a hoot! Getting back to seriousness,, I love the rest of my mock as much as any i've ever made.. It might be better that we should go Best OL,, because there are some really good ones and the DT class is deep and we can take care of that need in latter rounds.. But like I said , I think it is wise to take a proven OL in Facy,, But the problem with that is teams don't let those type players walk,,, So maybe I'm going about this mock correctly ,, bottom line,, is we have to have a strong OL if we have any chance to make it to the SB again.. I truly believe we will have a great chance to make it this year. And those are not just fan words.. I wouldn't say it if I didn't really believe that. I'm a realist .. 

If we get those few vet FA  OL that we need before the season starts.. and we get this draft... I don't know how we could be stopped knowing how close we already were to being a top 4 team.

On 3/5/2019 at 10:12 PM, VTCrunkler said:

I would rather double down on OL than DE but other than that your draft address lots of needs. 

If we don't take a DT with that first pick,, I'd like to get an OL also.. Ford would be my pick,, as of right now.. and subject to change at least two times before the draft.... :mmmhmm:

VTCrunkler likes this

On 3/6/2019 at 9:46 AM, VTCrunkler said:

So you also consider the DT/DE stock to be good or “deep” this year?

One huge point I have not made is this one fact about this Mock,, "DT Gary and DT Bryant can both play DE very well,, not many DTs can play both,, These two gifted players can play DT and DE ,,, That is a huge plus...IMO...

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

If we don't take a DT with that first pick,, I'd like to get an OL also.. Ford would be my pick,, as of right now.. and subject to change at least two times before the draft.... :mmmhmm:

Hahah. Subject to change is right. But I’m with you on Ford. 

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

One huge point I have not made is this one fact about this Mock,, "DT Gary and DT Bryant can both play DE very well,, not many DTs can play both,, These two gifted players can play DT and DE ,,, That is a huge plus...IMO...

Yes they are gifted but can they have the drive and will be to be a force. 

I would be highly pissed at this draft as it sits.  I wouldn't take Gary in the 1st 20 picks much less at 14 and sure as heck not trading up to get him.  Also not the biggest fan of Ferguson in the 2nd round i would take him in the 3rd if he fell there though but theirs a few edge rushers i prefer in those 2 rounds.  Where as with Gary their are atleast 10 to  prospects i would take over him in round 1.   Lindstrom is a great pick for OG but he is more than likely a late 1st round pick for some team and we would be really lucky for him to fall to our pick in round 2.  Round 3 might be a dream at this point but would be a steal if we could get him there.  Bryants not a bad pick either he a solid player .   Easy pass on the SS Jackson and Barnes are meh picks could live with or without them that late.  But the 1st 2 picks absolutely ruins the draft for me as our best players we get are guys i hope we don't even look at in the rounds we took them in.

Now if you could get us a Oliver, Wilkins, Lawrence, Williams, Ford, etc... in round 1 and push Gary and Ferguson both down a round where i think their talents should be drafted at i would be all over this draft.

13 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I would be highly pissed at this draft as it sits.  I wouldn't take Gary in the 1st 20 picks much less at 14 and sure as heck not trading up to get him.  Also not the biggest fan of Ferguson in the 2nd round i would take him in the 3rd if he fell there though but theirs a few edge rushers i prefer in those 2 rounds.  Where as with Gary their are atleast 10 to  prospects i would take over him in round 1.   Lindstrom is a great pick for OG but he is more than likely a late 1st round pick for some team and we would be really lucky for him to fall to our pick in round 2.  Round 3 might be a dream at this point but would be a steal if we could get him there.  Bryants not a bad pick either he a solid player .   Easy pass on the SS Jackson and Barnes are meh picks could live with or without them that late.  But the 1st 2 picks absolutely ruins the draft for me as our best players we get are guys i hope we don't even look at in the rounds we took them in.

Now if you could get us a Oliver, Wilkins, Lawrence, Williams, Ford, etc... in round 1 and push Gary and Ferguson both down a round where i think their talents should be drafted at i would be all over this draft.

Well, I will admit it,, I'm beginning to think ,, and I have no doubt about all the other picks,, But my first one,, Gary,, is the only one I'm seriously thinking may not be the best pick for #14... But he is the only one I have questions on... WE may ought to go with the best , I really leaning now to T/G Cody Ford 6-4, 329,, yeap,, I hate it.. But I do wish I'd have put him in at 14...

When I got done with the mock ,, I thought I was more sure on my first pick than any,, but now I fell more unsure on him and very sure about all my other 6 picks...  I'm thinking about changeing the pick,,  needs to be done IMO.

7 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I will admit it,, I'm beginning to think ,, and I have no doubt about all the other picks,, But my first one,, Gary,, is the only one I'm seriously thinking may not be the best pick for #14... But he is the only one I have questions on... WE may ought to go with the best , I really leaning now to T/G Cody Ford 6-4, 329,, yeap,, I hate it.. But I do wish I'd have put him in at 14...

When I got done with the mock ,, I thought I was more sure on my first pick than any,, but now I fell more unsure on him and very sure about all my other 6 picks...  I'm thinking about changeing the pick,,  needs to be done IMO.

I agree with you on this one and i could live with ferguson in the 2nd alot more than i could with Gary at 14.  I have watched a ton of Gary and i hate how much he takes plays off at times.  Im a FSU, Clemson, and Michigan fan and watch all of their games that i can.  With that said i love to have their players as Falcons but im also the 1st one to be hard on them when they do crap i don't like at a school im a fan of.  Even more so i dang sure don't want them on the Falcons who i love more than any other sports team to make me even more mad at them when i think were reaching on them.    Now i do give Gary some credit he's not complete trash i think he can be a solid addition to a team but i see alot of Hageman in him in that they can be monsters on certain plays with their crazy athleticism and then the next 5 plays they looks completely lost or give little effort. You know it's there you have seen it but have no idea where it goes often.  To me you take that chance on him reaching his max potential in the 2nd round not at 14 where i want a sure fire guaranteed player i have pretty much no doubts on.  Their is only 1 guy that the Falcons have drafted in the last 10 years that before we drafted him i called him a bust and said i never wanted anything to do with him before the draft even came around.  That was Jamaal Anderson i hated him as a prospect coming out more than almost any edge rusher i can remember.  Then the Falcons took him at 8 and i pretty much lost it and waned TD fired on the spot XD  Which is funny because i think TD is a **** of a GM for the most part but that one almost completely turned me into a TD hater in seconds.   I get a similar feeling about gary as well that i did Anderson but not quite to the level or extent i did anderson who i didn't want in the 1st 4 or 5 rounds.  Gary im atleast o in the 2nd or 3rd on and i hope he proves me wrong at the next level i just don't want to take the chance for him to have to prove it here over better players at 14.    For me as long as we can get any of  Bosa, Q. Williams, Oliver, Wilkins, Lawrence,Clelin Ferrel,  Jonah Williams, Cody Ford, and heck i'll even throw in a random Devin White who i don't think we really need badly but think he is one of the most talented players in the draft at 14 by a long shot.  I still think White paired with Debo can help our pass and run game a ton almost as much as a DE or DT.  So i wouldn't be mad about him as a pick if he was the pick.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:55 PM, Draftnut57 said:

I did not get but one OG in this draft,, I felt like we need to get 2 sure fire Vet O# Lineman that we KNOW can keep Ryan off his buttock's . And keep Him healthy... I do however believe the OG is going to be one bad man on somebody's OL. I just hope its on ours.

time to start up your mock draft - Pick 20 game - again, Draftnut.   I'm ready!

VTCrunkler likes this

23 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I'm looking forward to putting it up,, But I thought we'd wait a while and see who we get in FAcy so we'd have more knowledge in who we need. Kind of waiting on Facy time.

g-dawg likes this

On 3/5/2019 at 9:40 PM, Draftnut57 said:

These are the players I'd love for us to draft,, They are all projected to be available in each pick taken. I had to use 2 picks to trade up for my first pick.. I would rather use all our FA money on two really good OL and just draft this one in round 3. Just to make sure our OL is stout enough to take care of Ryan , if that happens,, and we was to have a draft like this one,, WE will go deep next year...Because these players in this draft will make a huge difference in our team.. We already have most players we need.. get this draft and a few vet OL,, and we'll be on our way back to a deep post season this coming fall. 

1. DT.  Rashan Gary......... Michigan........6.5, 285,,4.80,,,,, #14

2. DE. Jaylon Ferguson.... Louis Tech ....6,4. 260, 4.32,,,,, #45

3. OG. Chris Linstram ...... B.C................6,4, 310, 4.91,,,,, #79

4. DT. Austin Bryant .........Clemson........6,4, 310, 4.90,,,,,#111

5. SS, Isaiah Johnson...... .Houston........6,2, 207, 4.58,,,,#142

6. CB, Michael Jackson.... Miami............6,4, 205, 4.57,,,,#173 

7. FB, Alex Barnes............Kansas..........6,1, 225, 4.52,,,,#208

Well , after much thinking on this draft,,, I think I'm going to leave it alone,, I like it a lot,, It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they drafted OL Ford with our first pick,, But now that I've pondered the thoughts.. I have one of the best OL in the draft with my third round pick,,  Linstram IMO is about the best Can't miss player in the draft.. and he can play OT and OG well.. I love that pick.. I'm hoping he last to our 3rd round pick, if not , I hope we take him in the 2nd round and take best DE available in the third round. But when I made this draft ,, they were all estimated to go below each of our picks.. to make a reallistic Mock.  If we ended up taking best OL available like Ford ,, I'd understand that.. but as of how I made sure to cover all our main needs.. I'm going to stick with it. And hope Linstram don't shoot up the board before we draft with our 3rd rounder. If we need to we could trade up with a pick, because we have two picks I don't even have in this mock,, I did that intentionally so this mock to be very very realistic ....  

Well, I'm glad I didn't change this draft.. After we got the two OL today ,, that makes this draft look very possible.. At least what positions I have in the first two picks.. Now that they took care of the OL,, I still would love for us to get Linstram in the 3rd,, he's a beast and he would be a steal if he goes in the third like hes projected to go.. I'd love it.. 

On 3/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, Draftnut57 said:

OK, ,I'm with you on Titans fan,, They are my second team because I live within 15 miles from Tenn line...  Vols were a second college team.. same reason ... we do a lot of things in Chat Tn ,, I have many clients there also.. and work there often.

Who is first college team?

On 3/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, VTCrunkler said:

I have a bad feeling we may go BPA with our first pick. And it may be a CB or a LB. 

That May not be a bad thing...:ninja:

JJC28 and VTCrunkler like this

I've really jumped onto the Jawan Taylor wagon.... It'd be a no brainer if we could draft him in the first.. I just don't see him falling to 14. And the cost to move up would probably be to high IMO.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:40 PM, Draftnut57 said:

These are the players I'd love for us to draft,, They are all projected to be available in each pick taken. I had to use 2 picks to trade up for my first pick.. I would rather use all our FA money on two really good OL and just draft this one in round 3. Just to make sure our OL is stout enough to take care of Ryan , if that happens,, and we was to have a draft like this one,, WE will go deep next year...Because these players in this draft will make a huge difference in our team.. We already have most players we need.. get this draft and a few vet OL,, and we'll be on our way back to a deep post season this coming fall. 

1. DT.  Rashan Gary......... Michigan........6.5, 285,,4.80,,,,, #14

2. DE. Jaylon Ferguson.... Louis Tech ....6,4. 260, 4.32,,,,, #45

3. OG. Chris Linstram ...... B.C................6,4, 310, 4.91,,,,, #79

4. DT. Austin Bryant .........Clemson........6,4, 310, 4.90,,,,,#111

5. SS, Isaiah Johnson...... .Houston........6,2, 207, 4.58,,,,#142

6. CB, Michael Jackson.... Miami............6,4, 205, 4.57,,,,#173 

7. FB, Alex Barnes............Kansas..........6,1, 225, 4.52,,,,#208

Made my one and only Mock on March 5th ,, I'm very excited that we are talking to DE Jaylon Ferguson,, As far as I know he is the only DE that have met with,, but that don't mean they haven't met with others, I'm sure they have.. But I'd love for us to be able to get Jaylon,,, I think he is very underrated,, AAMOF ,, I've noticed he has risen up the boards ,, But that is a good thing because that means He has impressed the league from his combines and pro days..  The way DEs are persued be all the teams ,, he now probably will not still be on the board at 45. The good news is,, when Qinn and TD agree on a player they want ,, They do what ever it takes to bring that player home.. So I'm not worried about that. I just hope they follow through with it. I wouldn't doubt us going with him in the first round,, he has risen so much I'm sure by the time the draft gets here,, all the top DEs always climb the ladder rounds.

On 3/10/2019 at 4:28 PM, g-dawg said:

I'm going to try and put the Annual draft game up monday,, 25th ,, and the draft is exactly one month from Monday,, and the draft is on my Birthday...  4-25-57 ,, more people was born in 57 than any year in History,, I meet more people my age than any other age.. That's always been a nice thing.. That will give everybody a month to put their players in.. That should be enough time ... Thanks for the boost. But don't work to hard on this game,, You might win it again.. Make it two years in a role.. I wouldn't doubt it goes to a tie breaker again like last year.. 

Well, OG Chris Linstrom has now risen all the way to the bottom on the first round,, He has moved up more than any player I know of.. I was so hoping we could draft him in the 3rd round but now he's ranked at 32.. He's a solid player who can play Guard and Center.. I hope we still try to get him.. we's have to trade up from 45 unless he drops back down some..

Vandy likes this

Well,, Rashan Gary was on NFL net this morning,, Could be a sign,, Gary's favorite food is "Seared Salmon."  !!!!! Well, that's my very favorite food also.. Order that every time I get a chance. That's the reason I go to ,, " Long Horn   and  Cheddar's . :mmmhmm:  Plus my wife cooks it on the Grill. 

I want Jaylon Ferguson but i want to trade back in rd 1 and take him for the 5th year option. Still thank CB in rd 1 or LB. Both CB are better than the 2 we have now. But them 2 LB are studs also.

6 hours ago, JJC28 said:

I want Jaylon Ferguson but i want to trade back in rd 1 and take him for the 5th year option. Still thank CB in rd 1 or LB. Both CB are better than the 2 we have now. But them 2 LB are studs also.

OK,, but I just can't see CB in round 2,,  Especially when there are several really good ones with length in round 4- 6th rounds. 

Every draft is I’ve done has Lindstrom going by mid second round. Usually late first,early second. I don’t hate Gary, btw. I just don’t see star potential there. 

My last 5rd mock run through, for what it’s worth:

1. OT (Ford in this case)

2. Dexter Lawrence (lasted to us, but it’s atypical)

3. Jachai Polite, Edge

4. Kris Boyd, CB

4. Rodney Anderson, RB

5. Mark Fields, CB

5. Lamont Gaillard, C