Draftnut57

Draftnut57 2019 Mock Draft

77 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I think you are on to something in respect to TDDQ looking for a versitily DL who can play both DT and DE. The like high motor all out effort guys though.

That is exactly what I like also.. I think that after this draft ,, and FAcy pick ups... That next season will be a wonderful change.. And IMO ,, all this will be very positive only because of one thing that FO got done.. We had the wrong OC,, that killed us , we had a good team,, and it should be a lot better this next season,, but the biggest differance will be having the right O System. All the differance in the NFL world. So thankful we got rid of the bad moves they made in the past few years.

gazoo likes this

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yes it is,, but when you get the best of the bunch of the best DT draft in History,, he should be an amazing player,, That's how I see  Rashan Gary who IMO can play inside or out. AAMOF ,, most of these players in this draft are some of the very top at their own positions.. I spent more time on this Mock than any other .. at least 4 times longer than making other Mocks. That's why I'm excited about it.. Sure ,, I'll be lucky if we draft one or two of them ,, But don't be shocked if we do. Pretty soon I need to post my Draft game we have every year.. " Pick 20 " Makes the draft a lot more fun to watch and enjoy. My favorite show of the year.. a few times since I became  a Draft fan,, I've gone and bought a new TV day before the draft... :mmmhmm:

I’m with you. There’s always going to be haters. Myself included. Lol. Not really. I’ve been watching the draft for 25 years with keen interest. Always hyped for it, guessing who we’d pick. Constant checking of mock drafts. The mock draft complications kinda take the fun out of it.  I didn’t like how certain folks would telegraph licks.  This years location should provide good energy.   I’d like to see Titans fans out in full force. I a

11 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I do have us taking one really good OL, But to me we need to make sure that line is taken care of and we need to use all our FA money on the very best OL we can get.. hopefully two.. A OT and a OG ,, if we got this draft ,that's about all we'd have to get in FAcy. Which is a great thing... saves the team a lot of money at least in the long run. 

Yes and yes. What shut down KC in the playoffs vs pats eas their inability to run their offense. Then the pats o was on the field for the majority of the game. And then we know what happens to the Kc d late....I feel like a good o is needed to overcome the pats. 

11 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Please NO!! I sure hope not and I don't think we will ,, we should do like any smart team and take advantage of the strength of the Draft.. Get while the gettin's good. especially on the DL which is the strength of this draft. DT more than DE But still strong draft at DE but only through the first 4 rds. That's why I crabbed two... DEs can be game changers.. I'll take two please...:wiggle:

So you also consider the DT/DE stock to be good or “deep” this year?

2 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I’m with you. There’s always going to be haters. Myself included. Lol. Not really. I’ve been watching the draft for 25 years with keen interest. Always hyped for it, guessing who we’d pick. Constant checking of mock drafts. The mock draft complications kinda take the fun out of it.  I didn’t like how certain folks would telegraph licks.  This years location should provide good energy.   I’d like to see Titans fans out in full force. I a

OK, ,I'm with you on Titans fan,, They are my second team because I live within 15 miles from Tenn line...  Vols were a second college team.. same reason ... we do a lot of things in Chat Tn ,, I have many clients there also.. and work there often.

VTCrunkler likes this

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Gary sucks and show me where Ferguson ran a 4.32

He didn't. He'd be lucky to run a 4.9. Dunno what OP is on

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

How is it deep for DT? I hear that in the media and this board only.

I hear the same stuff from a few scouts. You hearing otherwise? If not the "only" qualifier doesn't make sense.

14 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I figured that it would take two to trade up in the top of the 1st to get Gary. I hope not,, if it only takes one , we'll have a pick to take either another OG or a TE. 

The picks you omitted would move us to 13. 12 at best. 

12 hours ago, gtech1 said:

I like it, but no chance Lindstrom will be available in the 3rd.  :bang:

I agree in that I think he's worth more than that, and after the combine he could go top of the 2nd...but, hey. Who knows? Early in draft season.

2 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

So hard not to call back to the thread lauding 2018 draft prospects as a reason the draft is deep this year...lol.

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

He didn't. He'd be lucky to run a 4.9. Dunno what OP is on

I hear the same stuff from a few scouts. You hearing otherwise? If not the "only" qualifier doesn't make sense.

The picks you omitted would move us to 13. 12 at best. 

I agree in that I think he's worth more than that, and after the combine he could go top of the 2nd...but, hey. Who knows? Early in draft season.

So hard not to call back to the thread lauding 2018 draft prospects as a reason the draft is deep this year...lol.

Should have said mostly 

48 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Should have said mostly 

Just wondering why you think that, though if you just don't like the class that reason is fine too

7 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Well, the DT class is better than any year in memory,,, And I've heard a lot of the Draft experts say it is the deepest and best  in History,, Not sure about that,, But all I know is that it is the best and deepest I have ever seen.. And I've been a big draft fan for at least 15 years.. and there has not been a DL draft this loaded since I've been a Draftnut.

VTCrunkler likes this

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Just wondering why you think that, though if you just don't like the class that reason is fine too

I don’t like the lack of talent in the draft. Explain why you think it’s so talented 

36 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I don’t like the lack of talent in the draft. Explain why you think it’s so talented 

This is a little funny since I know you're not going to explain anything about your stance, but okay, I'll play.

I don't think this draft is "so talented" and never said that I did, so let's get that strawman out of the way first. I think it's very strong at DT, and arguably OG. WR and CB are strong on Day 2, and I like some RBs on Day 3 (ie: Josh Jacobs or bust). DE has hardly any depth after the 2nd round or so. The QBs are bad, and the safety class is atrocious. 

All in all, it's an average draft and a lot of it is the hype you see every draft.

But DT is the thing you said you didn't like. I disagree for several reasons. I could say that, according to my athletics metrics, this class has one of athletically gifted classes of all time. Don't think you really give a **** about that though.

I could say it's because I've watched film of the top 20-25 guys, and unlike other years where there are 4 or 5 I think live up to the hype, this time I have over a dozen. I could link you the playlists I've compiled with cutups from player's games. There are hundreds. I watch about an hour's worth a day. But I don't think you'd give a **** about that either.

Truth is, I don't really care about convincing you of anything because it seems like you're pretty jaded about the whole shebang. I don't think you'd give more than one or two sentences as a cheeky response because you just aren't as invested as some of the folks who follow the draft. 

And you know what? That's cool. You do you. You don't owe it to anyone. But I don't know why you pretend to care about an explanation or act like you could be convinced.

tl;dr I like the DTs in this class (not the whole draft class) because I've spent a lot of time watching them and looking at metrics. Feel free to explain why you don't.

PS: I'm sure I'll get some people poking fun, and idk if KOG will even bother responding. That's fine too. If you think I'm taking it too seriously, I'm cool with that. Got a good life outside of these boards but I really love talking about the draft. A post that took ten minutes to write up isn't a big deal.

duckhoa likes this

44 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

This is a little funny since I know you're not going to explain anything about your stance, but okay, I'll play.

I don't think this draft is "so talented" and never said that I did, so let's get that strawman out of the way first. I think it's very strong at DT, and arguably OG. WR and CB are strong on Day 2, and I like some RBs on Day 3 (ie: Josh Jacobs or bust). DE has hardly any depth after the 2nd round or so. The QBs are bad, and the safety class is atrocious. 

All in all, it's an average draft and a lot of it is the hype you see every draft.

But DT is the thing you said you didn't like. I disagree for several reasons. I could say that, according to my athletics metrics, this class has one of athletically gifted classes of all time. Don't think you really give a **** about that though.

I could say it's because I've watched film of the top 20-25 guys, and unlike other years where there are 4 or 5 I think live up to the hype, this time I have over a dozen. I could link you the playlists I've compiled with cutups from player's games. There are hundreds. I watch about an hour's worth a day. But I don't think you'd give a **** about that either.

Truth is, I don't really care about convincing you of anything because it seems like you're pretty jaded about the whole shebang. I don't think you'd give more than one or two sentences as a cheeky response because you just aren't as invested as some of the folks who follow the draft. 

And you know what? That's cool. You do you. You don't owe it to anyone. But I don't know why you pretend to care about an explanation or act like you could be convinced.

tl;dr I like the DTs in this class (not the whole draft class) because I've spent a lot of time watching them and looking at metrics. Feel free to explain why you don't.

PS: I'm sure I'll get some people poking fun, and idk if KOG will even bother responding. That's fine too. If you think I'm taking it too seriously, I'm cool with that. Got a good life outside of these boards but I really love talking about the draft. A post that took ten minutes to write up isn't a big deal.

First, if you want to talk to me lower your defenses. I’m not about to come at you. Straw man this and that is a complete turn off, especially since you understood what I said...obviously.

Second. Your metrics deceive you as most of you are easily deceived by metrics. I’m a Bama fan. Q disappeared...a lot. So did most of these DTs. Wilkins and Lawrence (the only ones I really like) had each other. Simmons got pushed around...a lot. I can go on and on. Gary sucks, Oliver is good but...he’s like the one. After those I mentioned you only have Sweat and then blah. Who will fall to us? Not much.

duckhoa likes this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

First, if you want to talk to me lower your defenses. I’m not about to come at you. Straw man this and that is a complete turn off, especially since you understood what I said...obviously.

Second. Your metrics deceive you as most of you are easily deceived by metrics. I’m a Bama fan. Q disappeared...a lot. So did most of these DTs. Wilkins and Lawrence (the only ones I really like) had each other. Simmons got pushed around...a lot. I can go on and on. Gary sucks, Oliver is good but...he’s like the one. After those I mentioned you only have Sweat and then blah. Who will fall to us? Not much.

Wilkins didn’t have Lawrence the last title game and he did pretty well. However I did see Wilkins get blown off the ball on several plays. 

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

Wilkins didn’t have Lawrence the last title game and he did pretty well. However I did see Wilkins get blown off the ball on several plays. 

Nah, but that DE is projected pretty high.

13 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I see one of them falling to us pretty easy. Part of it is just having a different opinion on these guys, so that is what it is. Guys like Gerard Willis, Khalen Saunders, Trysten Hill, Charles Omenihu etc can become players. But hey - we'll see, right

11 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Nah, but that DE is projected pretty high.

I’m not high on clelin Ferrell either

17 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Well, in my mind,, and from the 25 years I have been a draft nut and been on this site...,,, IMO ,,, This is the strongest Draft I have ever seen... Yes, i know that is something we cannot really say until these players have been in the league for a few years. But I do think they are the most talented Group I've ever studied.. since I have been a big Draft fan, To me,, it's not even close to any draft I can remember...I think one of the main reasons why is,, Because of the popularity of the Game of Football, even if you don't have kids that play ,,or have never played the game.. To me,, it's the greatest thing to watch on TV to watch the Falcons,, Titans,, Bulldogs ,, GT .. Those are teams I like myself and root for. But my vote would be that this class is the strongest ever.  Why you say,, Again,, because the popularity is higher than ever to watch the NFL. :munch:

26 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, in my mind,, and from the 25 years I have been a draft nut and been on this site...,,, IMO ,,, This is the strongest Draft I have ever seen... Yes, i know that is something we cannot really say until these players have been in the league for a few years. But I do think they are the most talented Group I've ever studied.. since I have been a big Draft fan, To me,, it's not even close to any draft I can remember...I think one of the main reasons why is,, Because of the popularity of the Game of Football, even if you don't have kids that play ,,or have never played the game.. To me,, it's the greatest thing to watch on TV to watch the Falcons,, Titans,, Bulldogs ,, GT .. Those are teams I like myself and root for. But my vote would be that this class is the strongest ever.  Why you say,, Again,, because the popularity is higher than ever to watch the NFL. :munch:

Not even close to the strength of the last few drafts. I think there is some very good talent in the top 50 picks, but from a depth point of view I wouldn't say it's a strong class.

4 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I see one of them falling to us pretty easy. Part of it is just having a different opinion on these guys, so that is what it is. Guys like Gerard Willis, Khalen Saunders, Trysten Hill, Charles Omenihu etc can become players. But hey - we'll see, right

Like most years, the guys you pointed out are spoken of now and forgotten on a season or two. Average at best, AAF potential most likely.

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I know that you love the draft. You’re just not very good at it.

8 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I know that you love the draft. You’re just not very good at it.

Thank you ... Thank you very much...... :slick:

Elvis Quote...:lol:  I thought you was my biggest fan???

duckhoa and Knight of God like this

5 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Thank you ... Thank you very much...... :slick:

Elvis Quote...:lol:  I thought you was my biggest fan???

I love you, and I do enjoy your posts. I’m just being a cynical jerk. Brother I just can’t get around this draft class. It’s ugly to me, I mean like seriously. I keep looking at actual tape on these guys and none are much more than pieces. As much as I hate trade down scenarios, this is the year.

6 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

Wait a minute @Draftnut57, you pull for GT and uga? That’s heresy. You gotta pick one and stick to it. 

Hint: pick the Yellow Jackets

My wife's cousin played Center for them the year they were they had one of there best teams,, I think it was like in 198o  and that got me watching them also..  Oh,, and I root for the Braves too.. I'm a Ga. boy... and now a 61 year old Man.

Drew4719 likes this